Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

Via de la Plata in October

jsalt

Jill
Past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, will anyone be walking the Via de la Plata later this year – Sep, Oct, Nov – and writing a blog, or updating here? Other threads are all quite dated now and pre-covid. Many thanks.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Please update when you begin and the address of your blog. I will be starting from Sevilla on October 14th. Very interested in up to date info. Thanks so much. This is the time more than ever, especially on routes less traveled that we need to have pilgrims helping pilgrims, Buen Camino and stay safe and happy.

jsalt

Jill
Past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Please update when you begin and the address of your blog.
Hi, if you are referring to me, sadly, I am unable to leave my home country, so I cannot walk the Via de la Plata this year. However, I hope to walk it in October next year, and would love to read some accounts of people who are walking this year. Most people seem to walk in Spring, so I am interested in recent blogs of others who walk in Autumn.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Hi, if you are referring to me, sadly, I am unable to leave my home country, so I cannot walk the Via de la Plata this year. However, I hope to walk it in October next year, and would love to read some accounts of people who are walking this year. Most people seem to walk in Spring, so I am interested in recent blogs of others who walk in Autumn.
Sorry I misread what you wrote. I am starting in Mid-October because I hate to walk in heat. I am hoping it will be decent weather and not too hot. I will be in Galicia in late November. I have walked this time of year in Galicia and it has been cold and wet with a mix of rain and snow in higher elevations. I would much rather walk in cold then hot. It is amazing how quickly you warm up and even take layers off after just 15 minutes or so even in sub freezing weather. I love walking at this time.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads