• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata - March 16, 2022

g.preece155

Time of past OR future Camino
Well, the Camino bug has well and truly bitten me again.

For the last few weeks I haven't been able to stop thinking about walking another Camino after doing the Frances in May/June 2019.

After a bit of planning on Gronze, I've decided the VdlP is the right one for me this time round.

The plan is to start from Seville on Wednesday 16th March and hopefully, make it all the way to Santiago. (And maybe even then on to Finisterre and Muxia.)

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you on the trail!

Buen Camino

Gareth

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

For the last few weeks I haven't been able to stop thinking about walking another Camino after doing the Frances in May/June 2019.

After a bit of planning on Gronze, I've decided the VdlP is the right one for me this time round.

The plan is to start from Seville on Wednesday 16th March and hopefully, make it all the way to Santiago. (And maybe even then on to Finisterre and Muxia.)

Buen Camino

Gareth
Hi Gareth

I will be a couple of weeks ahead of you starting from Seville. The Via de la Plata is something of a less traveled route, not as popular as some of the others. Given the distance to Santiago, I wouldn't rule out the chance we might meet up. Anyway, it is always good to know there are people behind following up

Good luck.

Sicada

As I was driving North in the motorhome up the A66 Autovia today, I couldn't but help glancing over, usually to the right and seeing the familiar Camino road signs on the N630 trunk road that runs alongside the Autovia for most, if not all of its route.
Had covid not struck, (not me but generally) , I would have been able to do that last year, but, because of EU restrictions on UK citizens, I fear I will not be able to do that Camino, as I wished, in one go.
I console myself in the thought that in September I hopefully will be able to do the Camino Portuguese with my younger son.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Buen Camino

Gareth
Gareth,

My wife and I finished our first Camino (Frances) in December just gone. I was initially interested in completing the VdlP first up but, after lots of reading and engaging with more experienced pilgrims in this forum, we opted for the Frances route first...which I'm glad we did. That said, planning is now well and truly underway for a run at the VdlP....just about a year after your planned start.

I really hope we hear a lot from you in the coming weeks. The experience of your walk will be very beneficial to lots of folk in this VdlP forum.

Buen Camino!!

Kev

Buen Camino

Gareth
I'll be a couple weeks behind you, starting in Seville on April 8th. I was a month ahead of you in 2019 walking the Frances also. I hope you keep us posted and I wish you a great Camino.

Buen Camino

Gareth
I love the VdlP. Enjoy the planning and all the best when you get started. Will you go via Astorga/Francés or Sanabria?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@sicada123 Not long until you set off then now? Best of luck for your Camino and hopefully see you out there.

@Derek Booth It's a shame that Covid has put a hold on your plans to do the VdlP but doing the Portuguese route with your son will be such an amazing experience! Good luck to you both!

@Kev&Kath Congratulations on your first Camino Kev! It really is such an amazing experience isn't it? I plan to at least do a weekly update on the forum so hopefully I'll be able to provide some useful information for you! Happy planning!

@maruska89 It looks like our Camino clocks are in sync Mary! It's so exciting to be getting back out there isn't it? Best of luck with your Camino. I hope it's a wonderful experience for you.

@frjuliangreen Thanks for the best wishes Father Julian. The plan is to go via Sanabria. I've been to Ourense previously but I didn't get to visit the cathedral so that's a priority for me on this Camino.

@Janwillembloem Hopefully see you out there but if not, best of luck with your Camino.

@sicada123 Not long until you set off then now? Best of luck for your Camino and hopefully see you out there.

@Derek Booth It's a shame that Covid has put a hold on your plans to do the VdlP but doing the Portuguese route with your son will be such an amazing experience! Good luck to you both!

@Kev&Kath Congratulations on your first Camino Kev! It really is such an amazing experience isn't it? I plan to at least do a weekly update on the forum so hopefully I'll be able to provide some useful information for you! Happy planning!

@maruska89 It looks like our Camino clocks are in sync Mary! It's so exciting to be getting back out there isn't it? Best of luck with your Camino. I hope it's a wonderful experience for you.

@frjuliangreen Thanks for the best wishes Father Julian. The plan is to go via Sanabria. I've been to Ourense previously but I didn't get to visit the cathedral so that's a priority for me on this Camino.

@Janwillembloem Hopefully see you out there but if not, best of luck with your Camino.
@g.preece155 I doff my hat to you in respect for taking the time to answer everyone personally.
Buen (being generous with your time) Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Fantastic! So looking forward to your updates...as they will be particularly useful in planning for next year. Thank you so much. Buen Camino!

Buen Camino

Gareth
Hi Gareth saw your post but didnt respond as i was awaiting some Health related news and didnt want to tempt fate ,hopefully all well, booked to land 15th march Seville with bicycles , stopping first night at Guillena .
our paths may cross, either way safe journey and buen camino.
ps dont do as i did which was to book a room in Merida on booking .com for what seemed a remarkably low price , when i emailed the hotel about a place to park my bike as i was on the VLDP they were a bit confused as the hotel was in Merida Mexico Dooh

Hi Gareth saw your post but didnt respond as i was awaiting some Health related news and didnt want to tempt fate ,hopefully all well, booked to land 15th march Seville with bicycles , stopping first night at Guillena .
our paths may cross, either way safe journey and buen camino.
ps dont do as i did which was to book a room in Merida on booking .com for what seemed a remarkably low price , when i emailed the hotel about a place to park my bike as i was on the VLDP they were a bit confused as the hotel was in Merida Mexico Dooh
Glad you got the all clear and are good to go on your Camino Steve.

Looking forward to maybe seeing you out there.

P.S. I've been to Merida in Mexico and it's a really beautiful city but I agree that it may be a tad too far off the VdlP! 🤣

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Great please keep us posted with your impressions and please practical hints. There is no better guide than a fellow pilgrim. I am curious how the Camino has changed. But since it is always the same company one takes with herself I am willing to surprise myself when I continue walking end of May. I am looking forward to walk with you share your successes and your mishaps and encourage you at least from afar.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.