• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata mid March

Christina1803

Time of past OR future Camino
Sevilla
Hi,
I'm thinking of walking this route in March 2020, starting around the 14th.
Is this a popular time? Anyone else walking during this period?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Christina,

I startet 2018 in March too. Be prepared that in the Holy Week quiet a number of mainly spanish pilgrims will populate the via.
This year it will happen about 4 weeks after your start and I would expect you then around Zamora (if starting in Sevilla). Take it as an opportunity to experience the impressive proceedings in "Semana santa".

Ultreia!

As posted elsewhere, we shall be starting the Via Serrana in March the 1st so will be in Seville around the 14th......all being well of course.

See you on the path maybe? Either way, buen camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I started on March 31st from Sevilla last year and think anytime from mid-March to end of April is a good time to go. I did find the weather quite chilly at times, mainly from wind chill, particularly north of Salamanca. If I was doing it again I'd leave mid April. That said, it was a cold spring last year!

I was in Salamanca for Easter Sunday and had no problem finding a bed having which I booked only a couple days before. I didn't notice any influx of pilgrims during holy week - maybe this is more of an issue on the last 100km to Santiago sections e.g. Sarria, Tui etc.

There was a really nice number of pilgrims. Never too many to make impersonal like the Frances, but never too lonely either except from Granja to Astorga. Most people don't go this way anyway.

Hope you enjoy it. I am also going to be on the VDLP again when I arrive in Merida from Almeria via the Mozarabe. I am then walking up to the Sanabres. I won't be leaving Almeria until end of March so you'll be well ahead of me!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You would be leaving on my birthday. So as your birthday present to me you could let us know what it's like to walk during that time period, albergue availability and if they are open and any other tidbits of interest. I would like to walk it in 2021. Even though it is a holy year I doubt it will be really crowded at all. Buen Camino!
I walked the CF this year in November and December and I would say a good 50% of the time on the Buen Camino app and on Gronze their information about open and closed albergues was inaccurate. Call ahead if you can.

Hi,
I'm thinking of walking this route in March 2020, starting around the 14th.
Is this a popular time? Anyone else walking during this period?
Christina - this will now confuse you. I started from Seville last year in mid-March and got as far as Fuente de Cantos and had to stop due to a nasty blister. I found it was very hot even then. I am starting again this year on 5 Feb and hoping it will be cooler. This will undoubtedly be the case further north. For me would rather walk when cold than hot. Either way Buen Camino.

SImon

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Im flying to seville on the 19th April and cycling to Salamanca where i am sadly having to break my Camino for this year i might catch you up at some point .
My research suggests average 14 low of 4 so pleasant days for walking and cycling i hope , but cool nights ,better take decent sleeping bag the albergues might be cool .
Good luck
Buen Camino enjoy be safe

I started on March 31st from Sevilla last year and think anytime from mid-March to end of April is a good time to go. I did find the weather quite chilly at times, mainly from wind chill, particularly north of Salamanca. If I was doing it again I'd leave mid April. That said, it was a cold spring last year!

I was in Salamanca for Easter Sunday and had no problem finding a bed having which I booked only a couple days before. I didn't notice any influx of pilgrims during holy week - maybe this is more of an issue on the last 100km to Santiago sections e.g. Sarria, Tui etc.

There was a really nice number of pilgrims. Never too many to make impersonal like the Frances, but never too lonely either except from Granja to Astorga. Most people don't go this way anyway.

Hope you enjoy it. I am also going to be on the VDLP again when I arrive in Merida from Almeria via the Mozarabe. I am then walking up to the Sanabres. I won't be leaving Almeria until end of March so you'll be well ahead of me!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Anthikes
Just realised where i recognised you from great videos of the VDLP ,
When camino dreams keep me awake at night i have been watching your video channel on youtube .

Thanks for all the info

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back