• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata Route Report - Completed

BrienC

Author of Camino Child
Time of past OR future Camino
Past: Francés, VDLP, Norte
2022: Portuguese
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
During the fall months of October and November 2016, I hit the trail for thirty-three days of walking the Via de la Plata. Daily accounts of that journey to find history, peace and new friends are now available on this forum at the link below, or on my blog.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/not-exactly-live-vdlp-fall-2016.44669/#post-475517

Blessings,

BrienC
Hi Brien,
I have started to read your blog. Simple and effective layout and a nice touch that you share your tracks and finances. Question: which app/program did you use to produce those tracks? God bless!

Hi Brien,
I have started to read your blog. Simple and effective layout and a nice touch that you share your tracks and finances. Question: which app/program did you use to produce those tracks? God bless!
I used Strava. There are many available apps for tracking. Search this forum to find out what others may favor, and why. I use Strava because I'm an ultra-distance amateur athlete and do a lot of training, both on foot and bike. Strava handles both. Just depends on what your needs are.

Cheers,

BrienC

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I may be dense, I am certainly inexperienced with GPS, and I may have misunderstood something, but I can't see where you have posted the tracks on your blog! Can you help?

I may be dense, I am certainly inexperienced with GPS, and I may have misunderstood something, but I can't see where you have posted the tracks on your blog! Can you help?
Sorry for the confusion. The GPS tracks are only included in the version of this route report on my website. And, are only simple screen captures from the Strava app on my phone.

Hope this helps,

BrienC

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back