• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata Semana Santa

Ken Mather

Time of past OR future Camino
Future: October 2017
My brother and I are walking the Via de la Plata in March/April and are wondering if restaurants, hostels, stores are open during Holy Week (Semana Santa). We are thinking of spending Holy Thursday to Easter Sunday in Zamora. Has anyone experienced Easter in Zamora? It seems accommodations will be tight.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I've stayed in Sevilla during Semana Santa (many years ago). It was an incredible experience!
At that time, we had no problems finding food. I'd book your rooms now, though. Zamora has a wonderful albergue!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My brother and I are walking the Via de la Plata in March/April and are wondering if restaurants, hostels, stores are open during Holy Week (Semana Santa). We are thinking of spending Holy Thursday to Easter Sunday in Zamora. Has anyone experienced Easter in Zamora? It seems accommodations will be tight.
I started my camino from Sevilla during Semana Santa in 2019. After getting to see the marvelous processions in the city, I was actual on the road during Easter weekend that year. I had no difficulty finding accommodations, food, or other necessities. With Easter being on Sunday, yes, certain things were closed as they would be on any Sunday. Unlike other Camino routes heading to SdC, for example, the number of pilgrims walking “away from” Sevilla seemed quite light. As the VDLP sees less traffic in general, you shouldn’t expect any particular difficulties even around Easter. It’s a great route. Buen Camino!

Same here. I stayed in Sevilla from Wednesday to Saturday of Easter. Only a few places closed. Since it is one of the biggest holidays in terms of tourist, most places are open. Great experience.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Let me add to the cheers for the Zamora pilgrim albergue. It is wonderful. It is also in a great location. If my memory serves me correctly it is In the heart of the central historico, but it is very quiet. Also (again if I remember) there is a really nice park next to the albergue. Or am I wrong??? Someone please advise. The only drawback to me was (Do I remember this correctly?) you have to walk downstairs to go to the bathroom from where you sleep. All in all it is a wonderful place to stay and the hospitalario was just the sweetest lady.

Let me add to the cheers for the Zamora pilgrim albergue. It is wonderful. It is also in a great location. If my memory serves me correctly it is In the heart of the central historico, but it is very quiet. Also (again if I remember) there is a really nice park next to the albergue. Or am I wrong??? Someone please advise. The only drawback to me was (Do I remember this correctly?) you have to walk downstairs to go to the bathroom from where you sleep. All in all it is a wonderful place to stay and the hospitalario was just the sweetest lady.
In Salamanca there is a beautiful park next to the Albergue.

In the albergue in Zamora there was a bathroom in our room. We had 3 sets of bunks in our room, so the bathroom was shared between the 6 of us. I think it was similar in the other rooms. There wasn’t a park next to it that I remember.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've stayed in Sevilla during Semana Santa (many years ago). It was an incredible experience!
At that time, we had no problems finding food. I'd book your rooms now, though. Zamora has a wonderful albergue!
Agree. Semana Santa in Sevilla is an amazing experience. We had 4 nights there before we started walking.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back