Search 62305 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata: transportation between Sevilla and Granada

Julio Rivera

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, Camino Inglés, Camino Portugués, Camino Primitivo, Camino del Norte, Camino Aragonés
Hello:
I am planning to visit Sevilla this summer as part of my Via de la PLata hike. As a side trip I may visit Granada. I would like to know what kind of transportation exists between Sevilla and Granada: trains? buses? What is the fastest way to commute between both cities? Thank you.
Julio

How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
Hi Julio
Both bus and train options are available from Sevilla to Granada.
Have a look at the site www.rome2rio.com Then key in your ‘from’ and ‘to’ places. Eg Sevilla & Granada.

Search this site to give you most options for anywhere. Drill down for more details.

This one shows bus option to come out on top - A bit over 3 hours. You’ll get to see some of the terrain too.

The train is similar as far as Córdoba & runs 4 times per day - but then., you’ve only got 1 per day from Córdoba to Granada. So you’d have to time that one.

Buen camino.

Edit: if you choose to travel by 🚂 train in Spain (and you’re over 60 I think the cut off age) ..then…> before you purchase your ticket …. Buy a ‘tarjeta dorada ‘ card first (approx 7 or 8 euros?) and then buy your ticket. The card entitles you to a good discount on the normal fare. This may be a factor in your choice of travel. The ‘card’ is valid for at least a year.

Last edited:

amancio

Veteran Member
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Try alsa.es for buses, renfe.es for trains

BruceNZ

Camino Portuguese 2012
Camino Mozarabe 2018 Granada-Merida
Camino de la Lana (2020)
I recall doing the Seville to Granada by bus a few years ago and the Granada bus station is quite a distance out of town depending on if and where you stay. I walked in with a pack but we taxied back out as had met with friends and we were starting Camino Mozarabe in Pinos Puente.

John Brierley 2023 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
2023 Camino Guides
The 2023 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Corned Beef

Veteran Member
VDLP Part 2/2023
The quickest way is to drive but it is a long journey (from experience). Locals recommend and use BlaBla car and if you check it out say next Monday, there a more than 10 offers at €15.00 pp and taking 3 hours. Alternatively hire car

Not tried BlaBla myself but others here have.

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides