• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata

Praorn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances (2001, 2002, 2003, 2009. 2011)
Via de la Plata (2018) Camino Portugues (Tui 2018)
Hi my name is Praorn and I am from Bangkok. I am planning to walk la Via de la Plata in March 2018. Any suggestions are very welcome. Thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi my name is Praorn and I am from Bangkok. I am planning to walk la Via de la Plata in March 2018. Any suggestions are very welcome. Thank you!
There is an app called Silver Way Premium, get that, free, lighter than a guidebook and has maps with GPS.

There is an app called Silver Way Premium, get that, free, lighter than a guidebook and has maps with GPS.
Thank you very much. I will do just that.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It is a wonderful route! I cycled it with a Thai friend (Sirapon) in April this year - look out for us in the visitor books along the Way...!

Praorn welcome to the forum!
It would be lovely to hear about your walk next March on the forum? I am also hoping to walk part of the VdLP next Sept.
Good luck with your planning. There is a lot of information on this forum about the route if you do a search under Via de La Plata.
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Praorn welcome to the forum!
It would be lovely to hear about your walk next March on the forum? I am also hoping to walk part of the VdLP next Sept.
Good luck with your planning. There is a lot of information on this forum about the route if you do a search under Via de La Plata.
Buen Camino

Thank you very much. I will need many days of walking but it seems very interesting to walk la via de la plata. People seem to walk many kilometers a day but I think I will stick to 20 for the first 2 weeks. Thank you!

Thank you very much. I will need many days of walking but it seems very interesting to walk la via de la plata. People seem to walk many kilometers a day but I think I will stick to 20 for the first 2 weeks. Thank you!
Hello Praorn;
If you like, check out my blog www.terryonthevdlp.weebly.com

I will second the suggestion that you take the Sanabres instead of going to Astorga.
Have plenty of water with you in the south!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Praorn;
If you like, check out my blog www.terryonthevdlp.weebly.com

I will second the suggestion that you take the Sanabres instead of going to Astorga.
Have plenty of water with you in the south!

Thank you very much. Yes, that is my plan to take the Sanabres as I walked Camino frances too many times and now I am ready for this one. Thank you for the blog, I will start reading now. Thanks!

...and when you get the option of continuing north to Astorga or going west on the Camino Sanabrés, take the latter! Buen Camino!
Yes, Sanabres is my plan!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.