• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Domitia

Barbara06

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Pamplona (2011-14)
VDLP (2015)
Portuguese (2015)
Francigena (2016)
Primitivo (2017)
Has anybody walked on the Via Domitia ?
It is a pilgrimage route from MontGenevre to Arles and leads to Santiago on one way and to Rome on the other.
I would like to walk it but find very littel information.
Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is a pilgrimage route from MontGenevre to Arles and leads to Santiago on one way and to Rome on the other.
Thanks
I walked part of it from Montgenèvre to eastern Provence in September 2014, meaning to go as far as Montpellier. It is a magnificent (and strenuous) walk, but I abandoned it because none of the gîtes were open - or answered their phones - and the few hotels were expensive (for my budget). The chaîne d'accueil of the local Compostela associations was worse than useless - phones never answered, so really no budget accommodation. I imagine things have improved. Hope so! there is a TopoGuide in French in the FFR series with excellent maps. Basically it is GR 653 as far as Arles.

Thanks

Hello @Barbara06

I walked the Via Domitia in the opposite direction on my way to Jérusalem (2013-2014). I posted notes and later put together a resource. Here are a couple of links to follow:

Notes, (links updated 2019) : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...itia-arles-to-montgenèvre-updated-2018.19203/

Resource comprising stages walked; shelter and assistance found and interesting places to see along the way. Included are notes on the gear carried, maps + guide book used, plus a few links (updated, 2018).: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...mitia-arles-to-montgenèvre-may-july-2013.625/

Cheers
Lovingkindness

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.