• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Francigena Highlights

almis

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Le Puy to Conques, Via Francigena
Hi fellow Pilgrims,

we had five weeks in which to cover the Via francigena, and spend 7 days in Rome (how could you not?)
So we devised an itinerary which would touch upon the highlights (leaving out France because we had done other walks there): England, Switzerland, Siena (and Assisi) and Acquapendente to Rome. Then all of the pilgrim duties in Rome.

And we have just published a downloadable PDF e-book which you may be interested to have a look at.

http://www.goodwalkingbooks.com/travel_vf.html

The Via Francigena, once one of the most popular medieval pilgrimages is again regaining its popularity and importance amongst Christian pilgrimages.

regards... Almis

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Good to see the VF starting to pick up interest. We walked from Besancon to Rome. Missed out the flat rice plains in the north by taking a train. Did a couple of side trips - to Florence, Venice and Ravenna, while we were in the vicinity, then hopped back onto the trail again. I will definitely read your book.You might like mine as well, The Italian Camino by Maggie Ramsay, it's an ebook through Amazon. I would have loved to read something like either of our books when I was preparing to do the VF, as it is so different to the Spanish camino, and I didn't know that until we got there.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back