• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Jacobi - 2013 Video

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
Just created and posted my first YouTube video of my walk on the Via Jacobi in Switzerland is past summer. Attached is the link to the video...appreciate any comments you may have I.e. Length of video, timing between slides, music etc. as I will be shortly be creating additional videos of my Via Gebennensis and The Puy route walks.

Thanks

Guy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Guy,

I look for videos like this on YouTube all the time to plan my next Camino, and yours is right up there. It seems quite professional, music is great and photos vary from beautiful to stunning.

The only thing I would definitely change is to double the transition time of the Day# info slides, as they disappear before I can absorb them. All of the following comments would be my own preference:

1. A map slide would be really useful at the beginning of the video, like in the film The Way - it captures the imagination and informs the curiosity as to which route you trekked. My first question was how far away from the Alps is this route! Alternatively, a highlighted route segment as a backdrop to each of your Day# transition slides.

2. The photo slides could do with about 2 extra seconds duration each.

3. A few 15 second video clips interspersed would be nice also - eg taken on your smartphone or video-enabled camera.

4. Personally I could watch this for 20 or 30 minutes - but can't speak for everyone. I.e. you could make it longer.

5. Just one or two words added to each slide as to its location (nearest village/town) would be great (at least for me!).

Do you have a blog associated with the Camino - e.g. where you stayed each night, cost of accomodation and food etc. All of these are invaluable for others to plan.

Cheers
Gerry

Guy, I loved your video.
The music was wonderful.
I agree I could have used a few extra seconds to look at each photo.
By the time my eyes adjusted, they were changing.
Otherwise, very nice job!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for your early comments...while I can't incorporate all suggestions at this time I have added a song to provide an additional second or more for each slide and lengthened the time for the title slides. Unfortunately no video clips were taken and most of the slides won't have a clear location associated with them. If I can figure out how to include a map of the route I will do so.

Many thanks

Guy

Thnx Guy really beautiful., Looking forward to Sept 2014 for my next piedi

Nice work Guy . Very much enjoyed it. beautiful pics , great music . Transition is a bit quick but still ok. If you can figure out the map dealy that would be a bonus . Thanks for sharing your adventure. I will come back often

Joe

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back