Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Via Jacobi in switzerland

manosge

i am planning to walk the swiss route ( via jacobi) in summer 2010. I would like to find out where in switzerland i can obtain the pilgrim's passport ( Credencial). is there a chance i can get it by post?
by the way, I want to start the via jacobi from einsiedeln. is there a pilgrim office there where i can get the passport ?

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

rolf

Hi Manosge,

You can order the credential here:

Deutsch (german)
sekretariat.de@chemin-de-stjacques.ch Tel. +41 (0)76 319 45 66

Französisch (french)
commande de crédentials
secretariat.fr@chemin-de-stjacques.ch Tel. +41 (0)22 776 12 08

Alternatively, you can order one from any national organisation, eg CSJ.

Also, check out this website - http://www.jakobsweg.ch, it has a lot of useful information, including a very good list with accommodation.

And there isn't a specific pilgrims office in Einsiedeln, but you can go to the office at the monastery (entrance in the courtyard to the right of the main portal). There you have to ring the bell, and one of the padres will give you a stamp. I'm quite sure that they don't sell/ issue credentials.

Please let me know if you need any other info, I grew up just next to Einsiedeln. I'm actually going to walk from Einsiedeln to Geneva this summer as well.

Rolf

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings