• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Jacobi in switzerland

manosge

i am planning to walk the swiss route ( via jacobi) in summer 2010. I would like to find out where in switzerland i can obtain the pilgrim's passport ( Credencial). is there a chance i can get it by post?
by the way, I want to start the via jacobi from einsiedeln. is there a pilgrim office there where i can get the passport ?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Manosge,

You can order the credential here:

Deutsch (german)
sekretariat.de@chemin-de-stjacques.ch Tel. +41 (0)76 319 45 66

Französisch (french)
commande de crédentials
secretariat.fr@chemin-de-stjacques.ch Tel. +41 (0)22 776 12 08

Alternatively, you can order one from any national organisation, eg CSJ.

Also, check out this website - http://www.jakobsweg.ch, it has a lot of useful information, including a very good list with accommodation.

And there isn't a specific pilgrims office in Einsiedeln, but you can go to the office at the monastery (entrance in the courtyard to the right of the main portal). There you have to ring the bell, and one of the padres will give you a stamp. I'm quite sure that they don't sell/ issue credentials.

Please let me know if you need any other info, I grew up just next to Einsiedeln. I'm actually going to walk from Einsiedeln to Geneva this summer as well.

Rolf

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back