• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Jacobi

efdoucette

Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances
Since 2011 - too many to list
Hello all,

Is anyone aware of an English guidebook for the Via Jacobi through Switzerland?

Regards,
Eric

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This site includes accommodation lists with contact info, and Tourism Office locations and contact info. Plus a link to the Swiss Mobility app with the mapped routes.

There's not an English-language guidebook, but you will find both the German-speaking Swiss and the French-speaking Swiss are quite happy to operate in English. Lodging is more expensive than in Germany, on average. The less expensive accommodations book out early, so I strongly recommend reservations weeks in advance. This is not necessary in the (few) pilgrim hostels.

The Via Jacobi is a spectacular route and makes a very enjoyable journey. Please feel free to consult my blog or PM with questions.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello all,

Is anyone aware of an English guidebook for the Via Jacobi through Switzerland?

Regards,
Eric
you might also like to view this link - based in the Canton of Graubunden -
http://www.jakobsweg-gr.ch/vorstellung/
in german - but some maps, other links etc also very useful/visual and you might get by understanding those as well.

lovely routes -

and - if i find it - i have a pdf with lodgings available for pilgrims. will post it when found...
http://www.jakobsweg-gr.ch/karte/ (map)
http://www.jakobsweg-gr.ch/19-etappen/ (stages)

pdf in english:
http://www.jakobsweg-gr.ch/fileadmi...sentation_in_English/Poster_JwGR_englisch.pdf

found the lodging/restaurant pdf -
address' are from monasteries to farms that offer 'sleeping on straw' to hotels/youth hostels, pensions etc.

enjoy the planning - it's gorgeous here ...

Last edited:
Looks like I won't be able, time wise, to walk the full Via Jacobi. Can anyone recommend a section for 7 nights. Many tanks.

... Via Jacobi. ...a section for 7 nights.
The wonderful thing about Switzerland is that even small towns have excellent connectivity by train and bus, so you can pretty much start and finish anywhere you like. That being said, the scenery is best east of Interlaken. You might as well start at the beginning, either Konstanz or St Gallen, and progress as you like. You certainly have enough time to reach Einsiedeln and maybe a bit beyond.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You might as well start at the beginning, either Konstanz or St Gallen, and progress as you like. You certainly have enough time to reach Einsiedeln and maybe a bit beyond.

Thanks for your suggestions Kitsambler, you are always a help. I am leaning towards Einsiedeln to Fribourg, 8 stages. Not sure why, just sounds and feels right.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back