• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

via jacobi

domidum

hello ,

We are french .yet we went to Santiago 2 years ago .
We want to find again compostelle spirit so we decided to walk on via jacobi in switzerland next summer.
did you walk on this way? which way did you choose?
did you find pilgrins accomodations like "alberges " in Spain?
Have you reserved acomodations ?how long before?
did you find cheap acomodations?

thanks you for your help.

dumas.dominique@gmail.com

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
we are three pilgrims that are going to walk as well the via jacobi this summer. any information about albergue like those in spain would be extremely important!!

I walked across Switzerland this fall (2010), using the more southern alternative across Interlaken. I used the accommodation lists at jakobsweg.ch:

http://www.jakobsweg.ch/en/documents/un ... chnis.html

which also gives a suggestion of the prices. There are only a few 'albergues', some monastaries, and usually youth hostals in the bigger cities. Quite a few people also have rooms for rent in their home ('privat zimmer'). If you are looking for the cheapest places to stay and have a sleeping bag, sleeping in the hay ('schlafen im stroh') is an alternative (and you do actually sleep in the hay, but with shower/bathroom/breakfast).

My suggestion is to bring your cellphone and call a day or two before, escpecially in the towns to get the most affordable accommodation. The tourist information offices exists in many towns, and they are very friendly and helpful towards pilgrims.

The 'albergue' (or 'gîte d' etape') in Gland (near Genéve) was really great and had the camino feeling, recommended!

I hope you will have a great pilgrimage across Switzerland!

J

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back