• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Jakobsweg

edandjoan

Time of past OR future Camino
St. Gallen to Muxia
2012-2018
Many Others
Almost a week on our way. Took the train from Stans to Lucern to tourist around tomorrow.

But...there is so much road walking. Approximately 50% everyday and it is killing our feet. I don't know how anyone can wear boots. We are wearing Inov-8 x-claws which are great on the wet paths and wonderful today crossing from Brunnen to Beckenreid. We took the more difficult way.

Does anyone know if there is less road walking going forward?

We may buy some running shoes while here.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's pretty much more of the same (odd, I don't recall that high a proportion of pavement). You're on the main route Via Jacobi 4, from Einsiedeln?

Yes the main route from St. Gallon. We did divert to the Route 2 as we circled around Lake Lucern. A very steep incline but a beautiful waterfall near the shore just before Beckenried.
Today is a rest day in Lucern...not really as we will walk the city and see the sights.
Thanks for your reply.
We have only meet two other pilgrims. A young priest from Germany walking to Geneva. And in Rapperswill a retired lady from Austria walking to SdC.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I took the boats whenever available, so didn't walk the lake shores. And I'm not surprised at the paucity of pilgrims - but in the high season of August that's interesting. In May/June I did not encounter any. The further west you get, the less mountainous and the more extensive the suburban development.

Stay safe!