• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Podiensis Cicerone Guidebook Routes Confusion

Florida Bill

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 did Frances and plan to Le Puy in 2023
Someone or veteran please help! Once I get to Figeac planning to stay there one night. Next morning I plan to take a bus to Rocamadour and spending one night there and then taking a bus next morning back to Figeac and spending another night there. Back to walking on the Podiensis I plan to take Cele Variant and spend two nights in Cabrerets, thus allowing me time to go explore the Pech Merle cave paintings. Then I plan to spend two nights in Cahors. With the route and itinerary I’ve described, does this mean I will bypass Cajarc?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you take the Cele variant, you do not go through Cajarc.

Thank you! That’s what I was assuming but wanted to confirm. I was having trouble finding a map showing the route to compare with other routes and villages. It would be good if Cicerone would provide locations of more villages such as Cajarc on the overview foldout map on the inside of front cover. There’s plenty of space for them.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When I walked the Le Puy, I found the Miam Miam Dodo guide more useful than the Cicerone. I bought both in France. My 2012 edition of Miam Miam Dodo has the Cele valley variant in an appendix.

I looked on the gronze.com site and it has decent enough maps for each stage but I didn’t see a Cele valley variant option.

I have the tracks for the Le Puy downloaded from the santiago.nl Dutch website, but they also don’t have the Cele variant.

Good luck!

Someone or veteran please help! Once I get to Figeac planning to stay there one night. Next morning I plan to take a bus to Rocamadour and spending one night there and then taking a bus next morning back to Figeac and spending another night there. Back to walking on the Podiensis I plan to take Cele Variant and spend two nights in Cabrerets, thus allowing me time to go explore the Pech Merle cave paintings. Then I plan to spend two nights in Cahors. With the route and itinerary I’ve described, does this mean I will bypass
Bonjour / Bonsoir Florida Bill, if you go back through recent posts in this section of the forum to 24 January you can find my detailed track notes for the GR651 Route du Célé … you might find some of the information there helpful to you in your planning, esp. what you do / how you go after Cabrerets and les Grottes de Pech Merle … try this link : <https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...tions-and-services-on-the-le-puy-route.72418/>
and here : <https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/attachments/celevalleyvariante2023update-pdf.140207/>

Someone or veteran please help! Once I get to Figeac planning to stay there one night. Next morning I plan to take a bus to Rocamadour and spending one night there and then taking a bus next morning back to Figeac and spending another night there. Back to walking on the Podiensis I plan to take Cele Variant and spend two nights in Cabrerets, thus allowing me time to go explore the Pech Merle cave paintings. Then I plan to spend two nights in Cahors. With the route and itinerary I’ve described, does this mean I will bypass Cajarc?
yes, in a word!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you get a morning ticket for Peche Merle (around 10 or 11) you will have plenty of time for a leisurely walk to Bouzies.
Even St. Cirq.
There isn’t much to explore in Cabrerets, but it is a nice spot to chill out.
If you like to swim and your accommodation doesn’t have a pool, there is a nice spot for river swimming. You can’t miss it as others will be on the small beach area.

I expect you and others will find this either unreasonable or crazy, but we plan to do something that made perfect sense to us. First, we plan to do what you are doing: Walk from Le Puy to Figeac, bus to Rocamadeur and back, then continue on the main route to Moissac. From Moissac, we plan to bus back to Cahors, spend another night in this wonderful town, then walk from there backwards on the Cele Variant. When we get to Figeac, we will bus or train to Toulouse, then return home. This way we get to see it all. Of course, this will end up taking around 4 weeks, but we only live once and we do not want to deny ourselves the full beauty, history and culture of this truly special camino.

If you like a good map (and who doesn't) I recommend the IGN (Institut national de l’information géographique et forestière, French official map supplier) 1:25000 "IGN Top Bleue" series, specifically maps 2238E (Figeac), 22380 (Cajarc - I know you won't be going through Cajarc, but the start of the Cele valley is on that one,) and 2138OT Cahors, St-Cirq-Lapopie, Vallees du Lot et du Cele. You can buy them in Figeac, or online via Dash4it in the UK - sorry, don't know a US supplier. Very detailed - and a great souvenir. You can also use their wonderful online site allowing you to drill down to street level.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back