Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Via Postumia

JFG

Doing Caminos since 2003. Holy Cow!
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Portugues, Norte, Ignacio, Salvador, Tunnel, Ingles, and more...
We are considering walking the Via Postumia this spring. The route information is fairly comprehensive but I have not been able to locate anyone who has recently walked it and would like some first hand pros and cons info regarding the trail. Any information or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
We are considering walking the Via Postumia this spring. The route information is fairly comprehensive but I have not been able to locate anyone who has recently walked it and would like some first hand pros and cons info regarding the trail. Any information or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Holy cow,

Never heard of it. Is it a posthumous camino?

Holy cow,

JFG and Bad Pilgrim
If you use the search engine on this forum under the heading Via Postumia you will see lots of valuable information relating to this Camino .

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
There is a lot of information on their fb group.
I see wonderful posts very often. Not sure how to give you detail but I’ve attached a screen shot of their page. Search fb for it.
Annie 49F4CE81-B24F-4D40-BC93-8AEC95A5240D.jpeg

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Holy cow,

Via Postumia is named after the town in SW Slovenia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postojna) and it connects Slovenian St.James Way with (some) other routes through Italy and France in the direction of Santiago.

More info here:

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
End of April 2020, I'll start from Budapest or Zagreb. So, In may and june, I'll be on via Postumia. Contact Andrea Vitiello on FB :
Via Postumia FB page
he has a lot of informations.
If you'll contact me when in Ljubljana and I'll be home we can meet. First round is on me ;)

Last edited:

JFG

Doing Caminos since 2003. Holy Cow!
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Portugues, Norte, Ignacio, Salvador, Tunnel, Ingles, and more...
Thanks for the info and links!

maggiemelb

Camino(s) past & future
To be updated
I have walked Aquilea to vicenza 2018, and last year vicenza to Piacenza.
It is a wonderfferul part of italy for travelling
Hope to finish walk this sept if my knee lets me 😁😁

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock