Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Via Postumia

JFG

Doing Caminos since 2003. Holy Cow!
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portugues, Norte, Ignacio, Salvador, Tunnel, Ingles, and more...
We are considering walking the Via Postumia this spring. The route information is fairly comprehensive but I have not been able to locate anyone who has recently walked it and would like some first hand pros and cons info regarding the trail. Any information or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
We are considering walking the Via Postumia this spring. The route information is fairly comprehensive but I have not been able to locate anyone who has recently walked it and would like some first hand pros and cons info regarding the trail. Any information or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Holy cow,

Never heard of it. Is it a posthumous camino?

Holy cow,

JFG and Bad Pilgrim
If you use the search engine on this forum under the heading Via Postumia you will see lots of valuable information relating to this Camino .

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Holy cow,

Via Postumia is named after the town in SW Slovenia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postojna) and it connects Slovenian St.James Way with (some) other routes through Italy and France in the direction of Santiago.

More info here:

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
End of April 2020, I'll start from Budapest or Zagreb. So, In may and june, I'll be on via Postumia. Contact Andrea Vitiello on FB :
Via Postumia FB page
he has a lot of informations.
If you'll contact me when in Ljubljana and I'll be home we can meet. First round is on me ;)

Last edited:

JFG

Doing Caminos since 2003. Holy Cow!
Frances, Portugues, Norte, Ignacio, Salvador, Tunnel, Ingles, and more...
Thanks for the info and links!

maggiemelb

To be updated
I have walked Aquilea to vicenza 2018, and last year vicenza to Piacenza.
It is a wonderfferul part of italy for travelling
Hope to finish walk this sept if my knee lets me 😁😁

Viggen

Vigo
CF June 2015
CP June 2017
Del Norte, Finisterre / Muxia Oct 2017
VDLP 2018
VF, SBP to Rome 2019
End of April 2020, I'll start from Budapest or Zagreb. So, In may and june, I'll be on via Postumia. Contact Andrea Vitiello on FB :
Via Postumia FB page
he has a lot of informations.
Hello, did you get to do the your walk from Budapest? I am planning on walking Budapest to Italy, this September/October.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

he.panpub

19 Levante, CP da Costa;18 Sagrès-Santiago;17 Torrès,Primitivo; 16 C Portugues ;15 CF; 14 Podensis
Hello,
It was impossible, due to Covid. I hope to hike from Budapest in 2022. For informations, please contact Andrea Vitiello on FB :
amici della Via Postumia

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings