• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Romea Germanica in Italy

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks, the countryside is certainly very beautiful

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Looking forward to seeing your notes / photos. Have a great walk!
I keep hearing about your fellow Canadian Wilma Foyle who was part of the first group to walk the new Via Romea Germanica a few years back at 82 years of age. She’s famous here!

very nice blog, @PaulG, thanks for sharing!

(I haven't yet heard of this route, but gosh does my list keep getting longer and longer.)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Bumping a very old thread, sorry --- but I noticed by chance today that mapy.cz now has the Via Romea Germanica included in its routes.

Which is great !! It's been the only one of the major European pilgrimage routes missing from most maps.

Bumping a very old thread, sorry --- but I noticed by chance today that mapy.cz now has the Via Romea Germanica included in its routes.

Which is great !! It's been the only one of the major European pilgrimage routes missing from most maps.
Thank you so much for the information. I have been thinking about walking s coastal route in Italy and think the Via Romea Germanica has a dedicated coastal variant. Please let me know if you have more information. Thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you so much for the information. I have been thinking about walking s coastal route in Italy and think the Via Romea Germanica has a dedicated coastal variant.
That German Via Romea only starts to have coastal variants after the three main routes (German, Francigena, Coastal/Ligurian/Aurelia) conjoin at about Lucca.

But yeah, from that point there's a variant via Pisa and that coast etc.

Pisa -- best tray pizza I have ever eaten !! And it's a lovely area thataways ...

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.