• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Viana anyone? Help please....

mralisn

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-SdC (2005), Camino Norte-Fisterra (2010), SJPdP-Muxia-Fisterra (2012), Camino Norte w/Primitivo-Muxia-Fisterra (2014), Camino Portuguese (2016)
I don´t know what it is about me and towels. In all my years of travel (15 w/29 countries and 2 Caminos before this one), I have only lost 3 items and all 3 are towels.

However, the one I left behind in Viana yesterday (Monday) morning is extremely important to me. I got it when I stayed with the Kuna natives while resting in San Blas for a week 5 years ago. It is more of a surong and really does mean the world to me for many reasons. On the Camino, we talk of ¨letting go¨. The only other item I carry which I value as much are my prayer beads/medieval rosary. I could leave behind everything else, but this cloth is extremely important to me.

Might anyone be in Viana now or in the next couple of days? If so, I would love for you to ask if my surong/towel is still available. It is dark blue with yellow tribal type design. Please ask for me if they have it and let me know. I will work something out to retrieve if so. I have already emailed the alburgue: Andres Muñoz.

I thank you for looking out for me.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Both my long sleeve shirts are still at the hotel in Viana, but that does not help with your towel problem. Maybe Viana is a magnet for forgetfulness... :mrgreen:

Good luck on retrieval.

Good luck with that towel, the hospitalier at Viana had mercy on my white hair and put me into a bottom bunk, I forgot there my parachute!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I suppose this post also goes to those beyond Viana who may meet people who have taken it perfectly innocently from a 'left garments shelf'. From the sound of it mralisn would be happy for it to be sent somewhere and reimburse the postage etc.

I have been assured there is a Camino Angel at work today, and I will have my beloved cloth by the time I sleep tonight in Tosantos. : )

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Camino miracles happen! I returned a luggage clip (???) to its American owner on my first Camino, and it was described (slightly tongue in cheek) as a Camino miracle. She was happy to have it back. It's great when nice things happen, miracle or not. :D

Buen Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.