Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Video: 5 Camino Tips with Sara Dhooma

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
Thanks for that interview with Sara. She always has great information and I enjoy her camino videos of her day to day adventures especially on those less traveled caminos. Wonderful advice across the board although I have to disagree just a little about the small pushback of eating in the albergue and shopping for food. I can almost always buy food for myself for dinner and for lunch and some snacks the next day for the price of a pilgrim dinner. But the mention of getting together with other pilgrims and everyone putting in a few euros to have memorable and often wonderfully delicious dinners is something every pilgrim should at least try. I would say that those dinners are of course far more memorable and virtually always healthier, and better tasting than any pilgrim menu on any camino. I have had great Korean, Italian, French, Paella and just a mix of different foods that I have enjoyed completely.
When I have eaten alone in my albergue I will often than meet friends in restaurants they are in and join them for a drink after I finish. I am a budget traveler and eating out every night, even with a pilgrim menu strains the pursestrings a little.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads