• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video: 5 Camino Tips with Sara Dhooma

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for that interview with Sara. She always has great information and I enjoy her camino videos of her day to day adventures especially on those less traveled caminos. Wonderful advice across the board although I have to disagree just a little about the small pushback of eating in the albergue and shopping for food. I can almost always buy food for myself for dinner and for lunch and some snacks the next day for the price of a pilgrim dinner. But the mention of getting together with other pilgrims and everyone putting in a few euros to have memorable and often wonderfully delicious dinners is something every pilgrim should at least try. I would say that those dinners are of course far more memorable and virtually always healthier, and better tasting than any pilgrim menu on any camino. I have had great Korean, Italian, French, Paella and just a mix of different foods that I have enjoyed completely.
When I have eaten alone in my albergue I will often than meet friends in restaurants they are in and join them for a drink after I finish. I am a budget traveler and eating out every night, even with a pilgrim menu strains the pursestrings a little.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back