• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video and blog walkthrough Camino Frances 2015.

seatosky10

Seatosky10
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Via Podiensis - Norte and San Salvador 2022
My wife, Judy and I walked the Camino Frances in September/October, 2015, and created a blog post and video for each day of our seven-week journey. Feel free to have a look at our videos and blog by following the links:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2VXQE3YEwufuurN53TOlofBdgoHOQNK and, from the beginning of blog: www.throughourlookingglass.ca.
On YouTube, 'seatosky10', each video slideshow has a link to that day's blog post in the 'description': https://www.youtube.com/user/seatosky10

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oh my! what a treat this is going to be for more than a few days :) I have only made it through the first three so far but have enjoyed your efforts immensely! These clips are not something to rush through...I will get a cup of coffee - take a break and savor a day or two at a time.

Well done and I like your background music (so far...) very peaceful.
Thank you for sharing!!

Oh my! what a treat this is going to be for more than a few days :) I have only made it through the first three so far but have enjoyed your efforts immensely! These clips are not something to rush through...I will get a cup of coffee - take a break and savor a day or two at a time.

Well done and I like your background music (so far...) very peaceful.
Thank you for sharing!!
Sounds like you will be leaving soon to walk yourself. Buen Camino for sure. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The blog may answer some of them :))

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
lovely series thank you
photography beautiful and music entrancing
what did you put on your walking poles that glowed in the dark?
nanc

YES!!! Thanks for your effort. We leave April 16. Between now and then we will journey a few days with you each morning. Can't think of a better way to get into the Camino spirit. And, great to see that you took 7 weeks. So many accounts preach of the 28 - 35 day journey. Fine if you have a time deadline however we are planning on 6 weeks, with a healthy cushion of 4 more weeks before we return home. Whatever time left after we enjoy Sanitago will be spent touring the country.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
lovely series thank you
photography beautiful and music entrancing
what did you put on your walking poles that glowed in the dark?
nanc
We put the tape around our poles for I.D. so we they would not get them mixed up with others. There was also the added benefit of reflectivity in the dark. Reflective tape can easily be found at hardware or bike shops.

YES!!! Thanks for your effort. We leave April 16. Between now and then we will journey a few days with you each morning. Can't think of a better way to get into the Camino spirit. And, great to see that you took 7 weeks. So many accounts preach of the 28 - 35 day journey. Fine if you have a time deadline however we are planning on 6 weeks, with a healthy cushion of 4 more weeks before we return home. Whatever time left after we enjoy Sanitago will be spent touring the country.
Buen Camino to you guys as well. There is a great advantage if you walk slower and shorter distances, esp. if you are older or if you really what to enjoy the journey. We had no foot problems and we took over 5000 pictures. We spent time exploring and walked a lot over and above the basic distance. We averaged about 16km per day walking the trail. We had seven weeks to complete, and allowed extra days in case of health or bad weather problems. We wanted sunny weather for the mountain areas. We stayed 2 days at three locations. The extra days left over were spent in PORTO and LISBON. The link to that playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2VXQE3YEwsVE8zodaVhBcqwzvRggK3d. That was a really nice add-on. (No blog for Portugal). HAVE A GREAT JOURNEY :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My wife, Judy and I walked the Camino Frances in September/October, 2015, and created a blog post and video for each day of our seven-week journey. Feel free to have a look at our videos and blog by following the links:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2VXQE3YEwufuurN53TOlofBdgoHOQNK and www.throughourlookingglass.ca.
I've just started to read your blog Judy and Dave and am enjoying it immensly. I'm finding it helpful as I will be there the same time this year.
Buen Camino

I've just started to read your blog Judy and Dave and am enjoying it immensly. I'm finding it helpful as I will be there the same time this year.
Buen Camino
Sept/October is a good time. It should not be too hot in the Meseta. I doubt that we could do that in 37 degree temperatures. Buen Camino :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2VXQE3YEwufuurN53TOlofBdgoHOQNK and www.throughourlookingglass.ca.

Congratulations David and Judy. Your photos capture the magic of your Camino Frances perfectly.

There will surely be many who view this and say "Ah! Yes I remember that place, view or feeling".

Perhaps, more importantly, there will many who are preparing to go (Angie94 and others), who can see what we have all fallen in love with.

Thank you so much for refreshing my vision of fantastic memories.

Buen (next?) Camino

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Congratulations David and Judy. Your photos capture the magic of your Camino Frances perfectly.

There will surely be many who view this and say "Ah! Yes I remember that place, view or feeling".

Perhaps, more importantly, there will many who are preparing to go (Angie94 and others), who can see what we have all fallen in love with.

Thank you so much for refreshing my vision of fantastic memories.

Buen (next?) Camino

Thank you for your comment; Next? Thinking about the Norte for July-Aug. 2017. Debating the pros and cons. Doing some research.

Most read last week in this forum

Norte 2023 was the first time I actually put some training into Camino. I walked a lot of stairs at home, a lot. First week in Spain was mountains and mud. After that it was pratically all...
Hi everyone! We're a family from Latvia, starting our 2nd Camino de Santiago. We walked the central Portugese route 1,5 years ago, and will walk the coastal route this time. The first day on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back