• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video diary for pilgrims!

lukedarracott

Travel writer, walker, photographer, film maker.
Time of past OR future Camino
Santander to Irun (2013)
St Jean - Santiago - (2013)
Santiago - Finisterre/Muxia (2013)
Hey everyone I recently finished my rather long camino experience. I was out for 51 days amid covered about 1200km. First from Santander to Irun. Then Saint Jean to Santiago. Finally Santiago to Muxia. I was by far the greatest thing I've done emotionally and physically.

I just wanted to share with you the now completed experience which is on my YouTube page. I'm prud of the videos, I hope you enjoy them too. They may also prove useful for upcoming Pilgrims to get a taste for what they are in for.

Voila: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Q_FNB ... nomobile=1

If the link doesn't work just type Luke Darracott into YouTube.

Disfrutad!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the link! I love video diaries! I wish more people did them.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Luke, just started watching and they are very interesting. I won't ask too many questions yet until I get further along. All I can say is that I really enjoy video blogs as they convey a better sense of what a peregrino goes through everyday on el camino. Great job and thanks for sharing. :smile:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I found them when you were got to St Jean and followed along every two days or so. Good view on things and can't wait to get there at the end of summer myself. Thanks for sharing.

I got a question. On one of your videos, you described than one segment as terrible. I intend to travel virtually the same route and my question is; would that segment be a good one to bypass is some form? Say a taxi or bus.
Thank you in advance and I think you really did an awesome job documenting your journey.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hey guys, thank you very much for your lovely messages. They mean a lot.

@Jeknmarie - it was the part on the meseta before and after mansilla de las mulas. It was the senda part that essentially follows the way next to a road. The part after mansilla was busy though. Kind of ruined the magic. Saying that however, if you have time, I wouldn't skip it. It's all part of it. You take the good with the bad. And the less good makes the better even better. But if you WERE going to take a bus I don't think losing that part would break your heart :)

@stelrey - to make the videos I used my trusty iPhone 4S and iMovie in conjunction with my cheap little plastic tripod. It was tricky. I had limited space on the phone. But I had no fancy programs or tech.

I looked on YouTube before hand and couldn't see many useful or first hand videos. A lot of slideshows. So I thought, why not. I did my best so it's sweet to read your comments.

It's weird not to be waking up and walking nowadays...

Hello Luke. I just watched some of the parts and really like what you filmed.
By any chance, did you pass the "slow walkers" lead by Sil (sillydoll of the Forum)? They were limping along on the average of7/8 Kms a day, having left Sarria on 14th May and arrived in Santiago today.
Anne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back