• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video featuring both Muxia and Finisterre Caminos

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So you would recommend going Santiago/Muxia/Finisterre rather than Santiago/Finisterre/Muxia? I ask because I am doing a partial Camino this fall, first timer, starting in Sarria, and I want to know about these routes on past Santiago. Thanks for the video!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So you would recommend going Santiago/Muxia/Finisterre rather than Santiago/Finisterre/Muxia? I ask because I am doing a partial Camino this fall, first timer, starting in Sarria, and I want to know about these routes on past Santiago. Thanks for the video!
Hi Matt, I think it's a matter of personal choice really. The routes are actually the same from Santiago to a junction outside a little place called Hospital, where the route then splits, right to Muxia or left to Finisterre. Neither route is as well waymarked as the main Camino routes, which isn't too much of a problem on the way out, but if walking back towards Santiago it is very tricky to find the correct paths. Finisterre is much livelier than Muxia, so if you want a bit of life at the end of your journey, then Finisterre is best, but if you want to chill, best to end in Muxia. Hope this helps a bit. Buen Camino, Dermot

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sorry Rick, I may have misinterpreted your message. What was the purpose of your message? Dermot
Sometimes folks want to share the URL of the video with others or watch full screen or something. When posting with the forum software the full URL that you may think will appear as text gets translated instead as an embedded video. I posted just so there was another way to view your video.

Hi Dermot,

Interesting video as I am planning to walk the Norte next year. Back in May/June 2016 I walked the Frances then the coast circuit from Santiago to Muxia, Finisterre and the walk back to Santiago. On the stretch from Santiago to Muxia we met a few times and I have spotted three shots of me on your video at minutes 20.27, 21.07 and 21.19!!

Mike

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sometimes folks want to share the URL of the video with others or watch full screen or something. When posting with the forum software the full URL that you may think will appear as text gets translated instead as an embedded video. I posted just so there was another way to view your video.
Cheers Rick. I understand now. Good advice. Many thanks, Dermot

Hi Dermot,

Interesting video as I am planning to walk the Norte next year. Back in May/June 2016 I walked the Frances then the coast circuit from Santiago to Muxia, Finisterre and the walk back to Santiago. On the stretch from Santiago to Muxia we met a few times and I have spotted three shots of me on your video at minutes 20.27, 21.07 and 21.19!!

Mike
Hi Mike. It's great to hear from you. So glad you got in touch. I remember you very well indeed. In fact you were great to have around as your knowlede of the route was invaluable! You will love the Norte - it's so scenic! You might like to know that my book, 'The Man with the Camino Tattoo', based on my 2016 walk has just been published by Shanway Press (also available via Amazon). You feature in it also! Hope you don't mind, but for some reason we never exchanged contact details and I had no way of getting in touch with you before publication. Anyway, rest assured, it's all very complimentary! Dermot

Hi Mike. It's great to hear from you. So glad you got in touch. I remember you very well indeed. In fact you were great to have around as your knowlede of the route was invaluable! You will love the Norte - it's so scenic! You might like to know that my book, 'The Man with the Camino Tattoo', based on my 2016 walk has just been published by Shanway Press (also available via Amazon). You feature in it also! Hope you don't mind, but for some reason we never exchanged contact details and I had no way of getting in touch with you before publication. Anyway, rest assured, it's all very complimentary! Dermot
Just been on Amazon and ordered it Dermot. Will be a great read I am sure!

Having walked the Frances three times, including Muxia and Finisterre, last year I walked the Primitivo and the Ingles. I will be back on the Camino Frances next month for the 4th time, this time with my son to celebrate our birthdays, he will be 16 just before we leave, and I was 70 last November. Next year I plan to walk the Norte from Santander which is where I will arrive by ferry from Plymouth. Once I get to Santiago I will then take a bus to Lisbon and walk the Portuguese, so a lovely long walk!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just been on Amazon and ordered it Dermot. Will be a great read I am sure!

Having walked the Frances three times, including Muxia and Finisterre, last year I walked the Primitivo and the Ingles. I will be back on the Camino Frances next month for the 4th time, this time with my son to celebrate our birthdays, he will be 16 just before we leave, and I was 70 last November. Next year I plan to walk the Norte from Santander which is where I will arrive by ferry from Plymouth. Once I get to Santiago I will then take a bus to Lisbon and walk the Portuguese, so a lovely long walk!!

Cheers Mike. Really hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think of it when you've had a chance to read it. My oh my, you have such a lot ahead of you! Belated happy 70th btw. Quite a milestone! I never knew you were that age. You have obviously looked after yourself very well and are a great advertisement for the benefits of walking. I myself am setting off on a Camino on the 20th of this month, but it's a bit closer to home. It's the Ireland Way which was just opened last year and stretches from Castletownbere in Co Cork to Ballycastle in Co Antrim - 900km South to North. No albergues unfortunately, so will be relying on B&B's, occasional hostel and tent - and it's many years since I camped out! Buen Camino

This video mainly covers the Camino del Norte, but from 18min 20sec it covers the route from Santiago to Muxia, Muxia to Finisterre and from Finisterre back to Santiago. Hope it helps for anyone considering any of these wonderful routes.
This video mainly covers the Camino del Norte, but from 18min 20sec it covers the route from Santiago to Muxia, Muxia to Finisterre and from Finisterre back to Santiago. Hope it helps for anyone considering any of these wonderful routes.
Dermot thank you so much for sharing this beautiful video- it truly is a work of art & brought back memories of my own Camino Del Norte finished last year when I walked in memory of my twin sister, who also died of cancer. Lovely images of a beautiful country- may you experience the Irish blessing written at the end of your video Ann

Dermot thank you so much for sharing this beautiful video- it truly is a work of art & brought back memories of my own Camino Del Norte finished last year when I walked in memory of my twin sister, who also died of cancer. Lovely images of a beautiful country- may you experience the Irish blessing written at the end of your video Ann

So glad you enjoyed it Ann and the memories it brought back to you of your own Camino. Wonderful for you to have completed it in memory of your twin sister. I hope you found it as therapeutic as I did. Many thanks, Dermot
PS. You might want to check out my book, although postage to Australia would probably be too much!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back