• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video- How to STOP being a Chubby Pilgrim

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
A bit of a personal journey, what worked and what didn't, that might help or motivate other Pilgrims who are 'challenged' with their body weight. I know it can seem like a hopeless cause at times.

A few people have asked me how I managed to lose 18 kgs so far (40 lbs) and am well on track to lose another 10 kgs (22 lbs).
It was actually not that hard once I figured out a 'system'.
No 'products' or pills or trips to the Gym. In fact barely any exercise at all.

Some of you will know the challenge I have had with body weight and the issues/injuries it has caused me walking 3 Caminos to date. I decided 'never again'. Next Camino I'll be a 'normal' weight.............

A couple of handy articles:
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/intermittent-fasting-surprising-update-2018062914156 https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322065

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A bit of a personal journey, what worked and what didn't, that might help or motivate other Pilgrims who are 'challenged' with their body weight. I know it can seem like a hopeless cause at times.

A few people have asked me how I managed to lose 18 kgs so far (40 lbs) and am well on track to lose another 10 kgs (22 lbs).

Some of you will know the challenge I have had with body weight and the issues/injuries it has caused me walking 3 Caminos to date. I decided 'never again'. Next Camino I'll be a 'normal' weight.............

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/intermittent-fasting-surprising-update-2018062914156 https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322065

Congratulations!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow! I thought I was doing well having dropped 26 pounds in 3 months by 5:2 fasting and lots of walking. Thanks for the additional info as well. Keep up the great work.

Wow! I thought I was doing well having dropped 26 pounds in 3 months by 5:2 fasting and lots of walking. Thanks for the additional info as well. Keep up the great work.

Well done @Calisteve . I tried 5:2 a year or so back and it worked if I could stick to it!
Same idea really.

I'm not exercising at all really, due to a knee injury.

Well done @Calisteve . I tried 5:2 a year or so back and it worked if I could stick to it!
Same idea really.

Yup sticking to it is the challenge. That said the last week has been more 'fasting for 5' and 'eating normally for 2'! 'Only' have another 7 pounds to go to my ideal weight, but seem to have plateaued for the last week. Re the knees - I've been having injections once a year for the last few years (usually just before I go on Camino), although they feel fine at the moment. Another benefit of losing weight - you help protect your knees. Stay safe and fingers crossed we're back on the Camino asap.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yup sticking to it is the challenge. That said the last week has been more 'fasting for 5' and 'eating normally for 2'! 'Only' have another 7 pounds to go to my ideal weight, but seem to have plateaued for the last week. Re the knees - I've been having injections once a year for the last few years (usually just before I go on Camino), although they feel fine at the moment. Another benefit of losing weight - you help protect your knees. Stay safe and fingers crossed we're back on the Camino asap.

Yes, I'm hoping my knees benefit!

Though it's the torn meniscus in one that is the main problem.

Not sure what to do with that. I've been told to build up the muscles around it with a static bike.....
But Gee...........that's so boring.

I have to prop up an ipad and watch a movie :rolleyes:

Not sure what to do with that. I've been told to build up the muscles around it with a static bike.....

Oh - torn meniscus can be agony. Had the same in my left knee in 2015 and remember hobbling around Brisbane when I lived in Aus. Had the operation and it's been fine since - just the right one that I've needed the steroid injections in. But as I say - the best thing you can do for your knees is to lose the weight.

Oh - torn meniscus can be agony. Had the same in my left knee in 2015 and remember hobbling around Brisbane when I lived in Aus. Had the operation and it's been fine since - just the right one that I've needed the steroid injections in. But as I say - the best thing you can do for your knees is to lose the weight.

Had the operation? There's an operation? :eek:

I guess you mean knee replacement , not Meniscus :(

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Whilst I am marginally overweight but looking to lose a few pounds, about 8, the thing that hit home on the video was "it is good to feel hungry". One question about fasting and regretably I think I know the answer is can you drink tea or coffee during that period - even if only a "teenie weenie" one?

Last edited:
Had the operation? There's an operation? :eek:

I guess you mean knee replacement , not Meniscus :(
No the operation was for a torn meniscus - left knee arthroscopy (key hole surgery allowing them to trim the tear). Knee replacements can wait. When I was in Aus it seemed everyone I spoke to had had an arthroscopy whereas here in the UK it seems pretty rare.

Whilst I am marginally overweight but looking to lose a few pounds, about 8, the thing that hit home on the video was "it is good to feel hungary". One question about fasting and regretably I think I know the answer is can you drink tea or coffee during that period - even if only a "teenie weenie" one?
I drink coffee all day even on fasting days - it's a non-negotiable.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Whilst I am marginally overweight but looking to lose a few pounds, about 8, the thing that hit home on the video was "it is good to feel hungary". One question about fasting and regretably I think I know the answer is can you drink tea or coffee during that period - even if only a "teenie weenie" one?

I actually go totally 'cold turkey'. Water only.

Though my physio uses the idea too and he drinks black tea and coffee whilst fasting.
Work further research I'm sure.

I just stick to water, so I'm not consuming anything with a calorie in it that might 'trigger' all that insulin and digestion mumbo jumbo. Quite used to it now and don't really feel hungry in the evenings.

Though last night, I had one of those really bad work days!
Lots of stuff going wrong, dramas to fix, too many plates spinning..........

So I broke my diet!! :eek:

I said to my wife Pat, jeez I need a drink!
But I didn't have anything in the house. Only some low carb beer that has been sitting around.

Next idea?

Comfort food! On No :rolleyes:

It's funny, but I reckon at times your body craves things that you actually need.
At least that's my excuse.........

I fancied some chips. (French Fries)

Then...........

I thought of the old UK favourite, way before fast food was a thing.

Sausage, Egg and Chips! YES!
With 2 of those beers! :oops:

It was so yummy. And I felt much better afterwards.
I had given myself a treat.
Only a pang of guilt....

I promised myself no breakfast, so at least I would still fit in 15-16 hours fasting.

And I sneaked onto the scales this morning.
No change :)

Someone was looking down on me and knew I needed a break from the diet I think.
But I was extra strict today to make up for it. :cool:

No the operation was for a torn meniscus - left knee arthroscopy (key hole surgery allowing them to trim the tear). Knee replacements can wait. When I was in Aus it seemed everyone I spoke to had had an arthroscopy whereas here in the UK it seems pretty rare.

Sounds good, I'll check it out!

Though my physio uses the idea too and he drinks black tea and coffee whilst fasting.

I just stick to water, so I'm not consuming anything with a calorie in it that might 'trigger' all that insulin and digestion mumbo jumbo. Quite used to it now and don't really feel hungry in the evenings.

But I didn't have anything in the house. Only some low carb beer that has been sitting around.

Next idea?

It's funny, but I reckon at times your body craves things that you actually need.

Then...........

Only a pang of guilt....

I promised myself no breakfast, so at least I would still fit in 15-16 hours fasting.

Well done, Robo! There is no t at the end of your name. I can just taste your menu! Today, a vegetarian haggis is on our menu. :rolleyes: McSweens of Edinburgh. No chips, but yes, turnip. A sister in law follows a similar regime, she calls it a different approach to eating, not a diet. She will be well able to join us next time a camino is in the offing!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Next idea?

Then...........

Only a pang of guilt....

Oddly enough - me too last night. I'd had my 600 calories but then got the munchies in a big way and caved in. Not beating myself up about it though - back on the diet again today.

Well done, Robo! There is no t at the end of your name. I can just taste your menu! Today, a vegetarian haggis is on our menu. :rolleyes: McSweens of Edinburgh. No chips, but yes, turnip. A sister in law follows a similar regime, she calls it a different approach to eating, not a diet. She will be well able to join us next time a camino is in the offing!

Haggis! Yum

Scottish Morcilla :)

I used to love the deep fried Haggis and Chips in Scotland.

IMG_8347.jpg

Are there still 'Fish and Chip' shops in the UK?
Or were they all wiped out by the plastic burger chains? :(

Of course there was another Scottish 'traditional' favourite as I recall.

Chips with curry sauce on top!

Oh, and then Scotch Pie...........

No no, my mouth is watering .............. :eek:

Think salads!!!

Gee...........that's so boring.

Or look up the excellent @John Sikora camino videos on YouTube and relive every step of his walks while you pedal along at your own speed. He has several walks to choose from, not just the Francés. As a bonus, the x5 ones are just fast enough that you get a good little workout trying to get to the next destination before him! It's how I have been doing my virtual camino this covid.

Haggis! Yum

Scottish Morcilla :)

I used to love the deep fried Haggis and Chips in Scotland.

View attachment 94652

Are there still 'Fish and Chip' shops in the UK?
Or were they all wiped out by the plastic burger chains? :(

Of course there was another Scottish 'traditional' favourite as I recall.

Chips with curry sauce on top!

Oh, and then Scotch Pie...........

No no, my mouth is watering .............. :eek:

Think salads!!!
They do still exist. I think they were likely the first fast food places, run by the wonderful Italian immigrants. In my small town, outside Glasgow, there were three of them. They have all survived, to the best of my knowledge, having cleverly adapted, fleet of foot...
Ice-cream parlours attached to the chip counters...
Unfortunately I am in Dublin, Ireland! They too provided the fast food options years ago. I look forward to my first cheat though, when in Edinburgh, and I will get fish and chips with salt and sauce. Brown sauce. As in YR, maybe. I first came across that as an alternative to fish and chips with salt and vinegar when I went to college in Edinburgh. Today, that is a weather app!!! Fair play to you, Robo. I admire you, and will keep your example in my mind each Monday morning when I hit the scales...

Hi Robo!
Another video with lots of info;thanks for sharing!(brought the Blue desert Smartube system from your last vid as had better options than the Decathlon i had thanks.)

"I think your willpower is defo the key to your success you should be very proud."

As you said we all need to find what works for us I CAN'T DIET as soon as i can't have it i want it (still a child at 66)what i am eating now; like you i know i can maintain.
I have always been an eating machine;not for big meals but I've always grazed all day!!
I couldn't go without i am afraid to say i am permanently hungry;but that's head hunger not my body i know!(must have issues somewhere in the murky past)

I said before my daughter is very much into a health and fitness lifestyle and keeps an eye on me.

My target is 1500 Calories a day but i walk a lot (having a bloody great dog helps)which increases my calorie deficit by up to 400+ on a normal day which helps massively!
Day 112 since i started and i have tried to be consistent which again my daughter says is the key!
You can stray and have a treat;but get back on it asap! (I weigh everything i eat and calorie count)
I alternate breakfast,lunch and dinner dishes for variety like you; but i eat more because the exercise allows me to !
I have lost 13.5 kilos since starting and am now close to normal BMI.

Anyway your unstoppable and with your goal in sight!
Sorry about the length of post but explained to Camino Chrissy i talk my computer types;no effort on my part all i have to be is gobby😃
All the best
Woody.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong being a chubby pilgrim. Just start slow. Establishing a weight goal before you start might delay or eliminate the start. Consider it a success if you need to purchase a few clothes items along the way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nothing wrong being a chubby pilgrim. Just start slow. Establishing a weight goal before you start might delay or eliminate the start. Consider it a success if you need to purchase a few clothes items along the way.

Nothing morally wrong, nothing necessarily aesthetically wrong... (I leave people to their own tastes on aesthetics)...
But extra weight carried on endurance activity is a recipe for injury, and possibly for ruined Caminos... I am pretty sure that Robo has written about the injury problems he had on at least one camino because of weight.
I am extremely small boned. At a clothing size 6-8 after a year on lockdown, I can feel that the 10 pounds I've put on are harder on my knees and lower back and would be hell out there on the trail. In general, I try not to carry more than a 12-pound pack (all in) when I am at a healthy endurance walk weight (regardless of the spiritual aspects we may each take with us or not, the camino is -- at any speed -- an endurance test for the body). Why, then, would I think that carrying almost my pack weight as increased body weight would be "OK" for me?
I don't do any of the competitive sports I did when I was young... but there were legitimate reasons that our coaches monitored our weight.
I won't be *too* rigid about the weight I need to be at before departure, but these are very personal decisions. Robo notes that he's having a hernia surgery.... and carrying too much weight following the surgery can cause the repair to tear again.
Wishing smooth healing for when the surgery happens, Robo... and for a comfortable walk in the newly refurbished chassis when you can get out on camino. In many ways it seems that you are on your own inner camino now!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I might debate that. sorry. Most 'chubby' pilgrims I have met on Camino had physical challenges made worse by their weight. Particularly blisters and lower leg problems.

Can you walk a camino vastly overweight? Of course you can!
Just start off slowly....
I did it 3 times ! ;)

But my extra weight caused permanent knee and tendon damage.

Would I delay a Camino, just to lose weight?
No. I'm human.

Just drawing attention to potential issues in the hope that maybe it might get a newbie pilgrim thinking about it, and lead to a more enjoyable Camino for them. :)

I denied I had a problem for 25 years. Very successfully. :cool:

I was a little overweight last year and put on 10 more pounds during the first lockdown (even if I was walking everyday, that we were aloud). When they finally « let us out » I went for my usual mountain hike, the one I do every summer with my cousin. For the first time, I was breathless right at the start, the climb was really hard and going down was so hard on my knees that I decided it was time to take my health more seriously. I didn’t like the way I felt. I changed the way I eat, started intermittent fasting and lost 26 pounds to date. Still losing weight and very happy about it. It feels so much better.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oh my goodness. Aren’t you all sick & tired of Diet Culture? The toxicity of it? No persons should be judged or told that they can’t do something because of their size. One’s weight does not determine their health or ability. Diet culture really is a toxic dangerous thing. I wish we would change our perceptions about the value & abilities of people based on their size.
https://www.dhnusmcgill.com/single-post/why-is-diet-culture-so-toxic

Whilst I agree that people should not be judged on their size, or other reasons for that matter, there is lots of reliable recorded evidence showing that being overweight/obese does affect your health. Individuals should be aware of this fact and they can make their individual decision on what if anything to do about it. Rather like smoking, evidence shows the link to cancer but individuals can choose whether to accept the risk.

Health is good, yes of course. There are many factors in health & we are individual so our health needs are as well. Yet diet culture (which sadly, society has accepted as normal) tells us that only one body size can be healthy & all the others are not. Diet Culture says we have no health, value or ability if overweight. And it’s states that the only way to health, value, & ability is by dieting & being restrictive; by telling ourselves our bodies are not worth anything unless we look like what society says. It’s like there is fat phobia out there. It’s tiring.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Oh my goodness. Aren’t you all sick & tired of Diet Culture? The toxicity of it? No persons should be judged or told that they can’t do something because of their size

I don't believe that this post is about diet culture or judging people because of their weight. @Robo recognized that his excess weight made walking the Camino more difficult for him and led to injury. I'm happy for him that he's found a way to decrease his body weight to protect his health.

Can you walk a camino vastly overweight? Of course you can!
Just start off slowly....
I did it 3 times ! ;)

But my extra weight caused permanent knee and tendon damage.

I think that it is sad but maybe not surprising that, in the US at least, the “diet culture” has coincided with a rapid increase in obesity. 40% of the US population is obese. And with that comes serious health risks, serious physical and mental health care costs, and a whole slew of other bad results that the CDC has documented. One bad outcome recently added to their list was the higher mortality rate from covid for obese individuals.

At the same time, Americans spend, according to one source, $33 BILLION a year on diet products. Something is wrong here — surely there is a sensible way to combat the obesity epidemic without the toxicity and “fat shaming” described in earlier posts.

But I also totally agree with the others who point out that @Robo‘s thread is quite different — especially since it’s written by someone who has done 3 caminos while extremely overweight and has carefully documented the ill effects.

I hadn’t watched this video till these posts appeared, and I saw how repeatedly and carefully @Robo stressed that he was talking about himself and his own personal plan —there is not one drop of pontificating or shaming or toxicitiy in the video, IMO.

I love your video and articles. I’ve been doing your recipe religiously for 10 days and NO weight liss. I am super depressed because this isn’t easy 😢

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I love your video and articles. I’ve been doing your recipe religiously for 10 days and NO weight liss. I am super depressed because this isn’t easy 😢

Shoot me a DM and let's compare notes.
I'm surprised.

Obviously adapt to what suits you........but for me it's.

Breakfast at 8-9am. (my main meal)
Eggs, beans, avocado, mushroom etc. small bit of toast or some potato
No more carbs for the day. at all.
no snacks, only water to drink.
maybe a coffee or two, no sugar.
Alternate days a really low sugar, hi fibre cereal. no sugar, lite milk.

Lunch about 3pm. nothing between breakfast and lunch.
Avocado, green salad, small tin of tuna.

After than, only water till 9am the next day.
Nothing else.........

I have tested what happens with a small snack, event fruit, eaten after lunch.
Say you have an apple or handful of nuts at 6pm.

It wipes that day out and you start again.

If I snack between breakfast and lunch, even a piece of fruit, again it can wipe out the whole day.

Must be all tied in to the release of insulin etc.

To illustrate what happens when you go off your program.
Yesterday being Saturday and my diet 'day off', lunch was:

Whole pan fried trout.
A few small boiled potatoes, green beans, carrot, almond flakes.
3 glasses of wine.
An oz of cheese and a few dates.

A huge meal for me these days.

I put on 200 gms overnight.
And will expect the same today, even though I am back on the diet (it seems to carry over).

I'll be back on schedule Monday.

I'm not saying it's easy.
But you you'll need to adapt it to see what works best for you.
Always of course, get a medical opinion, in case you have any underlying issues.

If I'm having a couple of really stubborn days, I'll eat even less to get things moving again, or make sure I go for a walk of 2-3 kms.

Lastly, the amount of excess weight you are carrying will have an impact I think.

My first 10 kg loss was relatively 'easy' as I was so fat!

It gets harder to lose as I go on, so I have to be really strict with myself.

If you started just a few kgs overweight, that is likely to be much harder to lose I think.

I will grant you, it is NOT easy, and takes a lot of effort and commitment.
And of course this is just a program that I have found works for me,
having tried many many others...... My wife Pat can't do it for example.

I think the key is finding something that works for 'you'.

Last edited:
Seems like a few people are getting great results from this approach.
I'm really glad it helped.

Please don't try to lose too much weight too fast though. ;)

And do consult your Doctor to ensure you don't have any underlying conditions that could make this type of regime troublesome for you.

When the pandemic struck the entire world, I began working from home. Our company installed programs to help team communication (Skype, employee monitoring software). Thanks to these tool, i had a lot of free time on my hands, and I began to practice Scandinavian walking, which, despite the fact that I cannot run, has already helped me lose a couple of kilograms.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Seems like a few people are getting great results from this approach.
I'm really glad it helped.

Please don't try to lose too much weight too fast though. ;)

And do consult your Doctor to ensure you don't have any underlying conditions that could make this type of regime troublesome for you.
I'm doing it. Thanks to you. I suggest you put a new slim pilgrim photo in your profile photo. :)

Hi @Robo
Are you okay? How is your knee doing now and have you reached a plateau with your weight?
I have been ‘ trying ‘ since Jan25th, to lose some kilos with a different method and at least had turned the tables on the continual upward trend and reduced the ‘bloat’ feel. I reduced by 8kgs but have not lost anything in last 2-3 wks. It would be so easy to put back on again so I’ll stick with it while I can rustle up the will. 😊
Personally, I know that without my daily walk and the exercise of maintaining my garden etc; I couldn’t have achieved my tiny (in comparison ) loss. / note: I wouldn’t have to willpower to follow your program (like Pat).

I think when you are able to exercise again yourself though - you will feel even much better (if that’s possible ). .

Congratulations & Buen camino Robo

Annie

Hi @Robo
Are you okay? How is your knee doing now and have you reached a plateau with your weight?
I have been ‘ trying ‘ since Jan25th, to lose some kilos with a different method and at least had turned the tables on the continual upward trend and reduced the ‘bloat’ feel. I reduced by 8kgs but have not lost anything in last 2-3 wks. It would be so easy to put back on again so I’ll stick with it while I can rustle up the will. 😊
Personally, I know that without my daily walk and the exercise of maintaining my garden etc; I couldn’t have achieved my tiny (in comparison ) loss. / note: I wouldn’t have to willpower to follow your program (like Pat).

I think when you are able to exercise again yourself though - you will feel even much better (if that’s possible ). .

Annie

Hi Annie. The knee is feeling better with the weight loss.
I lost about 20 kgs.
Then have taken a break for a month, to eat normal food for a while.
Managed to stay the same weight.

I'll get back into it next week and take off another 10 kgs with luck.

One problem with a torn meniscus is that it may begin to interfere with range of motion..,

One problem with a torn meniscus is that it may begin to interfere with range of motion..,

I think I'll need to get it 'seen to' at some stage.
It can be OK, then I'll wake up one day in pain, like the tear has 'caught' in the joint.
But all manageable ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi @Robo

Annie

Well done.
Stick with it @OzAnnie. Some days/weeks it can seem like you are not making any progress.
And then the weight starts to drop off again ;)

I think I'll need to get it 'seen to' at some stage.
It can be OK, then I'll wake up one day in pain, like the tear has 'caught' in the joint.
But all manageable ;)

If it starts catching now, the chances are high that it will catch when you wallk a camino 😞...and that could be quite painful and problematic. It may be possible to smooth off the tear while you-retain the rest of the meniscus. An MRI should reveal how damaged the meniscus is. Suggest you consult with anorthopedic surgeon. If it is torn, strengthening the muscles, itself, will not likely fix your problem.... While you are on lockdown, preparing physically, for your next adventure, considering getting it repaired, if it can be..

Last edited:
It's been really heart warming to get messages from a number of members who are finding success with this approach to weight loss.

Some perspective....

As you know, I have struggled with my weight for over 20 years. And my intention with this video was certainly not to add to the 'diet culture' or participate in 'fat shaming'.

For me it was a deeply disturbing issue to tackle. It's not just the physical aspect. I actually got used to my body shape. And I was very good at justifying why my BMI of 33 was OK!

And sure that extra weight caused permanent physical injury.

But it was the emotional toll that was most damaging.

You know that scene in The Way? Where they are in the Parador and Joost orders a wonderful room service dinner? He looks at himself in the mirror, only wearing an open bathrobe. His face shows a mix of despair, shame....

I tear up every time I see that scene. That was exactly how I felt, every morning, looking into the mirror.

I'm still overweight. Maybe another 10 kgs to go. But I'm a bit less embarrassed looking at that mirror in the morning.

It looks like I am finally winning a 20 year battle, that probably had a lot to do with bouts of depression that rear up now and again. My 'black dog' as I call it.

My hope in sharing this story, and the video, was merely to help others in my position.

Because it's all too easy, to just give up, thinking there is no way to beat obesity.

We might use food as a crutch, as a reward, or for comfort. Giving up smoking was a walk in the park compared to giving up over eating!

If my video and posts made some members uncomfortable, I apologise. That was not my intention.

For those who were struggling with their weight, and wanted to lose some, and now have some hope.

Then sharing my shame was worth it. :)

(Just remember, seek professional healthcare advice)

Note: This approach is not a quick fix. After which you go back to your regular eating habits.
I see it more as a readjustment of my relationship with food.
Or training myself to eat in a healthier way.

As previously mentioned, once I get to my target body weight, all I will really do, is add an evening meal.

I think that is the key. Changing our attitude towards food.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back