• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Videos from Madrid route

HeyRobin

Time of past OR future Camino
2021 CF
2022 Madrid, Portuguese
2023 VDLP
Continuing on now that the heat wave has passed! I’m excited to travel to Valdestillas tomorrow and wondering if anyone else is on the Madrid route as well. I’ve had a couple of challenging segments with no places to stay in Ane or Coca, for different reasons. I’ve been posting videos on YouTube, one for every day I hike. You can see them here: https://youtube.com/channel/UC_dFv1EnoXjTT0lNSOKGL9A

Or maybe type in Hey Robin on YouTube. Would love to hear from you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Continuing on now that the heat wave has passed! I’m excited to travel to Valdestillas tomorrow and wondering if anyone else is on the Madrid route as well. I’ve had a couple of challenging segments with no places to stay in Ane or Coca, for different reasons. I’ve been posting videos on YouTube, one for every day I hike. You can see them here: https://youtube.com/channel/UC_dFv1EnoXjTT0lNSOKGL9A

These days it is very hot in Madrid,
It is an unexpected heat
Usually the heat arrives in the next month

Thank you for sharing your channel here, wish you all the best! Great videos!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Robin,

Shaun here - I’m flying from Aust on Sat and staring the Madrid on Mon. Now I’ll sit and watch your videos !

I’ve pre booked some pensions from Madrid to Segovia and from there hoping ( praying) albergues will be open. Pleas tell me it’s been ok?

Good vibes to you

Shaun

Hey Robin, way to go, totally impressed by your stamina. We looked at the next few stages and it was getting a bit tricky distance wise for us with little services / support so we jumped across to Pontevedra and are on the Espiritual Variant which we missed last time on Camino Portuguese. Loving it so far, cooler Galician temp makes for great walking. Loving your videos on YT, buen Camino! You got this!

Thank you so much! I don’t know if it’s stamina or stubbornness 😆. You are correct about the accommodations as I’ve had difficulties. It almost makes me wish to get back on the French route. In time it will happen. Enjoy the rest of your walk! Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Robin,

Shaun here - I’m flying from Aust on Sat and staring the Madrid on Mon. Now I’ll sit and watch your videos !

I’ve pre booked some pensions from Madrid to Segovia and from there hoping ( praying) albergues will be open. Pleas tell me it’s been ok?

Good vibes to you

Shaun
Hi Shaun, I’ve had a couple of trying days. There is nothing in Añe so don’t plan on staying there. Also, I lost out on finding a place in Coca because there was a big wedding there that weekend. It’s too bad too because I really wanted to see the castle there. Be sure to spend an extra night in Segovia! I’d love to hear about your trip! There are very few pilgrims doing this route right now. Buen Camino!

Very strange as in Añe Gary Martin & I stayed next to the bar in two double bed rooms, / lounge and across the street there was a 6 bunk albergue open where Chantelle slept, on April 28 th 2022. (For donation)
Love

Gosh, that would have made a huge difference! I think I’m struggling because I don’t speak the language. I think just when I figure all this out I’ll be done! Thanks for the info!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Hey Robin I've been to Madrid 3 times and never went to the church of st James, but I will see it next time for sure. Wow it's a beauty.
Nice camera work. It looks like you are hiking solo so congrats
on that and being brave. Your courage will be rewarded with an amazing walk I'm sure. I did the Norte solo and it was perfect for me. However eventually I did meet various pilgrims from all over the world and we enjoyed many long miles together and a few snoring nights. Keep us posted on your exploits 😋. Buen camino

Hi Shaun, I’ve had a couple of trying days. There is nothing in Añe so don’t plan on staying there. Also, I lost out on finding a place in Coca because there was a big wedding there that weekend. It’s too bad too because I really wanted to see the castle there. Be sure to spend an extra night in Segovia! I’d love to hear about your trip! There are very few pilgrims doing this route right now. Buen Camino!
Oh Robin, greats news there are few pilgrims - can not stand a dorm of 40 people and a bed race !!!!! Can I ask what you did at Coca when there was no bed? Taxi back to the last town and stayed at the same place or something? Thats the last thing you want at the end of a hard day. ps - love the videos. Great keepsakes for you. X

Very strange as in Añe Gary Martin & I stayed next to the bar in two double bed rooms, / lounge and across the street there was a 6 bunk albergue open where Chantelle slept, on April 28 th 2022. (For donation)
Love
I read someone there are at least a couple of options in this town? I don’t fancy a 30 km day from Segovia !

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Robin. Sorry only just saw this thread. It is early morning and I am in Santervas de Campos, 20km from Sahagun. So I think a few days ahead of you. In Coca I stayed at La Raconda but it was 48 euro. Nice place. If it helps it was not possible to go in the castle so you didn't miss too much. Accommodation in the last few days is easier to find. Food is more difficult so make sure to carry some!

Have enjoyed watching your videos, Hey Robin.

Hi Robin, looks like we were only a few days apart. I started in Madrid on May 12th. I had booked most of the accommodation a few months earlier, there was enough space in the remaining overnight stays (albergue). My videos are not as “pro” as yours, however they give a general impression of the route.
of all the accommodation the most unusual was the albergue in Tamariz de Campos (church of 12. century) and the owner of the bar "el camino" Ivan, who is truly a true "Camino angel".

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I too
Oh Robin, greats news there are few pilgrims - can not stand a dorm of 40 people and a bed race !!!!! Can I ask what you did at Coca when there was no bed? Taxi back to the last town and stayed at the same place or something? Thats the last thing you want at the end of a hard day. ps - love the videos. Great keepsakes for you. X
I took a cab to Olmedo where I stayed at a four-star hotel, relatively affordable according to American standards. It was a good move as I spent an extra day there allowing the heatwave to pass and my body to recover. From there I walked to Valdestillas. Good luck!

Hi Robin, looks like we were only a few days apart. I started in Madrid on May 12th. I had booked most of the accommodation a few months earlier, there was enough space in the remaining overnight stays (albergue). My videos are not as “pro” as yours, however they give a general impression of the route.
of all the accommodation the most unusual was the albergue in Tamariz de Campos (church of 12. century) and the owner of the bar "el camino" Ivan, who is truly a true "Camino angel".
I second that about Ivan. I had a great night in his bar.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I second that about Ivan. I had a great night in his bar.
among other things: the bar opens in the afternoon. In the evening he asked when I was leaving. I said around 7:00. He woke up earlier, opened the bar, made coffee (and then went back to sleep🙂). And of course - he cooks perfectly and by arrangement, from the ingredients he has

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.