• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Videos from our Caminho Português 2015

Camembert

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Back after some weeks of recovering from the caminho Português
Overthinking new plans for the next year. editing vids and pictures and normall life is back here at home.
For you all I uploaded a part of my edited video on YouTube.
Some explanation... We walked from Mosteiro de Vairão nearby the Porto airport to Casa Fernanda on the Portugese central route.
After Casa Fernanda we switched to Viana do Castelo on the Coastal route to Redondela.
There we picked up the central route again to Pontevedra.
Outside Pontevedra we started on the Variante Spiritual do Caminho Português
and at the end of that we came back on the central route in Pontecessures for the last track to Santiago de Compostela.
From there we travelled back to Porto by bus for some relaxing days before we went back home.
The annexed video starts with some views of Porto and Vila do Conde (which we visited at the and of the journey but it shows how the caminho Português can be)

Enjoy as we did in real time

Um abraço
Albertinho

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Overthinking new plans for the next year. editing vids and pictures and normall life is back here at home.
Some explanation... We walked from Mosteiro de Vairão nearby the Porto airport to Casa Fernanda on the Portugese central route.
After Casa Fernanda we switched to Viana do Castelo in the Coastal route to Redondela.
and at the end of that we came back on the central route in Pontecessures for the last track to Santiago de Compostela.
From there we travelled back to Porto by bus for some relaxing days before we went back home.
The annexed video starts with some views of Porto and Vila do Conde (which we visited at the and of the journey but it shows how the caminho Português can be)

Um abraço
Albertinho

albertinho - looking forward viewing it. thanks mucho for sharing the sights!! and bom caminho CONTINUATION :)

albertinho - looking forward viewing it. thanks mucho for sharing the sights!! and bom caminho CONTINUATION :)
Gracie Claudia. Muito prazer ! The next one is rendering now .
Hope to post it very soon.

Um abraço deste lado do mundo !

Thanks for the Video! How nice of you to share the sights and sounds (laughter and Fado music...great editing) of your Caminho Portugues.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
After Casa Fernanda we switched to Viana do Castelo on the Coastal route to Redondela.

Um abraço
Albertinho

Thank you so much for this wonderful video. Very happy to see it in advance of my August walk. Excited!

Um abraço
Albertinho

Is it far between the alberques on this route?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Is it far between the alberques on this route?
No not at all. All between 15 to 20 kms but mind. Not everywhere are albergues

Vairão is the first albergue. 14 kms from the airport
São Pedro de Rates is 15 kms from Vairão
6 km further on is a hostal Pedra Furada
From there it is 14 kms to Barcelos where are two albergues. One before the bridge (Barcelinos) , one after the bridge
From Barcelos it is 18 kms to Casa Fernanda. Is not an albergue but a privat family who can lodge up to about 20 pilgrims per night. Reservations advised because it is very popular among pilgrims. The best olace to stay on the entire caminho Portugues.
Then we switched to the coast .25 kms westwards. Fernanda's husband took us there by car.
In Viana do Castelo is an albergue.
14 kms further on we stayed in Vila Praia de Ãncora in an appartment
12 kms on is Caminha where is an albergue but as you have seen Mario the fisherman brought us to the Spanish side of the Minho river. 4 kms further on in La Guardia is an albergue
From there it is 18 kms to Santa Maria de Oia where we slept in a hotel but 5 kms on is an albergue in Mougas
Grom there it is 15 kms to Baiona where is no albergue. We slept in an apartment.
5 kms on in Nigrán is an albergue.
From there it is 15 km by the coast (we followed green waymarkers-the yellow waymarkers lead you into the hills) to Vigo where is no albergue.we slept in the comfortable Lino hotel. Excellent!
From Vigo is 18 kms to Redondela where is a big albergue. Very busy so we walked 3 kms further on where is the new refuxio de Jerézana in Cessantes. You have seen it on the vid. great place. Far better than the one in Redondela where we slept 2 years ago. We did not like that.
From Cessantes to Pontevedra is 16 kms. There is an albergue. We slept in a (filthty) hostal.
Then .. See my next video. Rendering now Within 2 to 3 hours it will be on line and if you choose for that part of the caminho -highly recommended-send me a new message and I tell you about the situation there.

Bom caminho

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back