• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vieiragrino is now in English

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wonderful news!
Do you think the instructions and maps on the website are sufficient to navigate without a guide?

Wonderful news!
Do you think the instructions and maps on the website are sufficient to navigate without a guide?
Even without a guide I'd say you could find the way but better safe than sorry. I'm also sure it's much better marked now than it was in 2015 when I walked it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Even without a guide I'd say you could find the way but better safe than sorry.
- I agree
- Yes I think so, but have in mind that the online guide does not include maps, only tracks.
- for two years I am using the tracks with the APP "Mapas de España" from the IGN. Some pilgrims told in other thread that this APP is complex (based on ORUX software). It is true is you need to use all its resources (navigating, offline maps etc...), but if you use it only for positioning and see the way it is easy. It uses official updated maps, and can download directly the track from the Associations. I have the telephone in my pocket and refer to it only when I have some doubt.
- something new in the online guide (both text and tracks), not existent in former paper guides, is an indication at the points where other ways (sureste, santa cruz, lana..) divert. Any way, if by error you switch from one to other way, they will join again few stages later. See https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...re-a-map-with-both-levante-and-sureste.47033/

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.