• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vigo airport to Tui

John P.

Hi All! -

I plan on walking the Camino Portuguese in 2007 from Tui (Tuy). Does anyone know the best way to get from the Vigo airport to Tui??? Is it possible to go to Tui without going into Vigo first?

Thanks!

John P.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi John P,

Welcome to the forum.

The stretch Vigo - Tui, is not my strong point. I have driven the stretch Vigo - Portugal border several times. I would guess Vigo Airport to Tui is about a 30-40 minute drive if you choose a taxi (maybe 40-50 euros, my guess).

It looks like the bus fro Santiago to Porto does not stop at the Vigo airport. See here:
http://www.santiago-today.com/bus-sched ... ostela.cfm

I had a look at the bus company that runs busses in Vigo, see here:
http://www.vitrasa.es

..but it looks like they only have busses from the airport to down-town Vigo. See map here:
http://www.vitrasa.es/vitrasaA4_2005.pdf

I would take the bus down-town and try and see if you can catch a bus to Tui, with plan b being the taxi.

Sorry for not being able to help more.

Welcome to Santiago!

Ivar

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks

Thanks Guys -

We'd like to start as early as possible. So since I don't want to gobble up time going into Vigo & out again (we'll already have a long flight from the northwest US, to Madrid, and then to Vigo) - I'll probably hire a taxi and look at the 40 to 50 euros as part of the travel costs. My wife has some limited physical ability, so we need extra time (compared to most). The Portuguese route seems the best since there are fewer strenuous sections (mountains, required long days). We'll be probably launch the third week of September (in 2006, not 2007 like I said before).

Again, thanks for your help - :D

John P.

the mountains in Galicia are in the east on the Castillean border, so if you start to the west of them - say, Sarria or Ourense - none of the routes is particularly strenuous. However, the Portuguese route is the most populated, so there are more towns and hence accommodation. I found it scenically the most attractive of the routes in Galicia I've walked.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back