• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vigo to Pontevedra via Moaña

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi
Has anyone walked from Vigo to Pontevedra via Moaña? I have downloaded Luis do Freixo’s maps (wow! what fabulous maps), but wondered about difficulty, terrain, mud, etc.
Jill
(CA08a.VARIANTE do MORRAÇO: Vigo-Moaña-Castiñeiras-Pontevedra)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We only walked the last 5 kms or so of his route to Pontevedra.
At a certain moment you pass a restaurant, run by a Spanish couple who lived for many years in Germany. Lots of peregrino's stop there for a lunch or a drink.
Short after this restaurant is a chapel where you can stamp your credential yourself.
Directly after the chapel is a path belonging to this route to the left that follows a small river for about 5 kms and it ends in Pontevedra where it comes together with the central route.
On my video caminho da costa on youtube are some moments filmed at the end

Last edited:
Thanks, Albertinho. I’m wondering about the 20 kms from Moaña, before it meets the main Redondela to Pontevedra route. It seems to be entirely through forests (and I love forests), up to Lago Castiñeiras and down the other side. But I don’t fancy tackling overgrown paths and lots of mud. However, it would make the Vigo to Pontevedra section doable in one day instead of taking two days :) Jill

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi
Has anyone walked from Vigo to Pontevedra via Moaña? I have downloaded Luis do Freixo’s maps (wow! what fabulous maps), but wondered about difficulty, terrain, mud, etc.
Jill
(CA08a.VARIANTE do MORRAÇO: Vigo-Moaña-Castiñeiras-Pontevedra)
You can see images of the forest path across Moaña at this blog:
Crossing the estuary from Vigo to Moaña by ferry is also an amazing experience. Sometimes you even may see dolphins, specially on spring or late summer and early fall.
Moaña coast is also beautiful.
You can find several facilities on the way as the public market of fish and vegetables, the care center and a hostel in the forest (with fantastic sport courts).

Most read last week in this forum

I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back