• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Villages and Hamlets along the Camino del Salvador

Marigold Mama

Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2018 Madrid, Salvador& Primitivo and onward
Without this forum and all those who add to it, I would be oh so lost. I've used the forum and read so many wonderful, helpful, lovely blogs I was able to construct my upcoming May 2018 Camino de Madrid.
Here's what I would like to have help with...I am attempting to put together a list of all those quaint villages and hamlets (and the big places too) along the Camino del Salvaldor which I plan to do in May/June 2018.
Is there anyone there that could assist?
I did buy the map of Spain from the Confraternity which will help if I can find a wall large enough!!! Super beaut of a map but oh boy it's big!
I used some of Max Long's 2013 Guide which included a lot of the little places along the way and the mileage/km and then some. It has helped me immensely in preparing for the Camino de Madrid.
So (sigh) whatcha thunk; anyone out there wanna take the bait/challenge?
Thanks all.
MM

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
yes, I know about this site however I do not speak or read Spanish (yet) and I cannot seem to get it to translate. Thank you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here's the first stage. The little red dots are villages. If they have a number in brackets that tells you how many accommodation options are there (and the details are further down the page). You'll be able to work out villages from reading these maps. Promise. Then you can look them up on google earth and do a virtual walk around them!

upload_2017-6-26_22-9-38.png

Without this forum and all those who add to it, I would be oh so lost. I've used the forum and read so many wonderful, helpful, lovely blogs I was able to construct my upcoming May 2018 Camino de Madrid.
Here's what I would like to have help with...I am attempting to put together a list of all those quaint villages and hamlets (and the big places too) along the Camino del Salvaldor which I plan to do in May/June 2018.
I did buy the map of Spain from the Confraternity which will help if I can find a wall large enough!!! Super beaut of a map but oh boy it's big!
I used some of Max Long's 2013 Guide which included a lot of the little places along the way and the mileage/km and then some. It has helped me immensely in preparing for the Camino de Madrid.
Thanks all.
MM
Maybe you'll find this site helpful
http://santiago.forwalk.org/en/m/route/MTZP/the-salvador-way/stage-list/#stages

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here's the first stage. The little red dots are villages. If they have a number in brackets that tells you how many accommodation options are there (and the details are further down the page). You'll be able to work out villages from reading these maps. Promise. Then you can look them up on google earth and do a virtual walk around them!

View attachment 34643
Thank you. This is just perfect. Appreciate your very clear and helpful explanation.

I have made my own booklet for last summer Camino combo. In attachment is a .pdf file of Camino del Salvador if it helps. Just ignore dates and stages and decide for yourself when there. If you want .doc file to edit it please send me PM with your e-mail and I'll froward it to you.

Hope it helps :)

Attachments

• Salvador - distances & albergues.docx.pdf
    232.9 KB · Views: 44
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have made my own booklet for last summer Camino combo. In attachment is a .pdf file of Camino del Salvador if it helps. Just ignore dates and stages and decide for yourself when there. If you want .doc file to edit it please send me PM with your e-mail and I'll froward it to you.

Hope it helps :)
Oh how absolutely purrrfect! Thanks for your offer; I'll gladly take you up on it. Just tell me how do I "PM"? I think I did it once but not sure how badly I fouled.
Thank you once more for your offer to share your efforts. You have helped me considerably by doing so.
MM

Oh how absolutely purrrfect! Thanks for your offer; I'll gladly take you up on it. Just tell me how do I "PM"? I think I did it once but not sure how badly I fouled.
Thank you once more for your offer to share your efforts. You have helped me considerably by doing so.
MM
Hi, MM,

I don't know how you sent that PM but I can't send reply that's why I thought to my self you're definitely not an IT-illiterate but actually a genius :D
Anyway I've sent you .pdf & .docx files via e-mail.

Thanks for your help. I am not sure if Forwalk does this particular Camino. Do you know for certain if they do? I just checked and got this message from them..."
Sorry, but the site you were trying to view is temporarily down for maintenance."
Yes, the link was for the Salvador, but I see the same maintenance message that you do right now. Check back later.
I'm actually thinking of doing the Frances to León, then the Salvador to Oviedo, and finishing up on the Primitivo.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, the link was for the Salvador, but I see the same maintenance message that you do right now. Check back later.
I'm actually thinking of doing the Frances to León, then the Salvador to Oviedo, and finishing up on the Primitivo.
When are you planning to do your maybe Caminos Salvador and Primitivo? That's a similar route to the one I am planning beginning in May 11, 2018. I'll check back with Forwalk in a week or so. I am beginning to recall my question to them was not about the Camino del Salvador but rather about the Camino de Madrid. Thanks. I've got another source to look at, too. This is great. I've got help from Kiwi Family; Kinky One and now you. What a fantastic resource this Forum us.

Hi, MM,

I don't know how you sent that PM but I can't send reply that's why I thought to my self you're definitely not an IT-illiterate but actually a genius :D
Anyway I've sent you .pdf & .docx files via e-mail.
Oh that is hilarious. No way am I in anyway a computer genius. But my Angels do a bang up job for me. I went to your avatar. Then I clicked on "Start a Conversation". Then I clicked one of the buttons. I think it was the first button that I thought was making the conversation personal and not open to the entire forum. Thank God my Angels were at work...Lord knows I could have said something embarrassing...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
aden
Thanks all.
MM
addendum: I forgot to add I have also order from the Confraternity the Camino de Madrid 2017 guide by Angelika Schneider & Johnnie Walker as another source.

When are you planning to do your maybe Caminos Salvador and Primitivo? That's a similar route to the one I am planning beginning in May 11, 2018. I'll check back with Forwalk in a week or so. I am beginning to recall my question to them was not about the Camino del Salvador but rather about the Camino de Madrid. Thanks. I've got another source to look at, too. This is great. I've got help from Kiwi Family; Kinky One and now you. What a fantastic resource this Forum us.
I'm starting from St Jean next week!

€46,-
IMO, the most complete guide is here.

http://docplayer.net/28149718-English-language-guide-to-the-camino-del-salvador-leon-oviedo.html
Thank you. I have one by Jose Antonio Cunarro Exposito aka "Ender' that looks similar to this. Translated by Laurie Reynolds.
However, the one I have shows doing this Camino in 9 days where the other guide that you like is for 7 days. I wonder which might be the latest edition. I like the pictures, too. Did you find pictures to be helpful? Thanks again.

Or you could look at Enders guide to the Camino del Salvador. It has good descriptions many pictures to direct you. Ender lives in the region and has done wonderful work in maintaining and marking the way

Or you could look at Enders guide to the Camino del Salvador. It has good descriptions many pictures to direct you. Ender lives in the region and has done wonderful work in maintaining and marking the way

I have translated Ender's guide into English, and it's what I linked to in my earlier post.

Buen camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sorry I did not notice this, I thought the name Ender would be mentioned in the link. Many thanks for the translation, this very good guide now is very much more accessible for people who don't speak Spanish (well)

Thank you. This is a very, very nice piece that "Enders" put together. I like it and especially with the pictures. However, it's somewhat weighty...and I'm trying to keep the pack as light as possible. I may just do a bit of copy and paste to make it less pages.
I have read some about Enders and all the great work he has done. Sweet.
MM

I did not know/realize you were looking for a printed guide or list. In these days that limits the possibilities a lot and to increase the weight you have to carry.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you. This is a very, very nice piece that "Enders" put together. However, it's somewhat weighty...and I'm trying to keep the pack as light as possible.
MM
I deleted the pictures I would not need while walking, shrunk everything to about 1/8 of a page, printed on both sides, and voila: portable Ender guide.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I did not know/realize you were looking for a printed guide or list. In these days that limits the possibilities a lot and to increase the weight you have to carry.
Well, actually I also have a smartphone but it's not that smart. I am finding, I am going to have to know what to do with it to make it a smartphone. Once I have that figured out I then can begin to download into the phone so that I wouldn't have to be carrying a lot of paper. But then there is the fact that what if my phone should not be willing! and the battery is dead or whatever..
You see the dilemma one has with way too many choice. I think I should take the advice of so many: "Just start walking". Thank you, Antonius
MM

Well, actually I also have a smartphone but it's not that smart. I am finding, I am going to have to know what to do with it to make it a smartphone. Once I have that figured out I then can begin to download into the phone so that I wouldn't have to be carrying a lot of paper. But then there is the fact that what if my phone should not be willing! and the battery is dead or whatever..
You see the dilemma one has with way too many choice. I think I should take the advice of so many: "Just start walking". Thank you, Antonius
MM
I walked the San Salvador in May this year and used Ender's guide which I had downloaded to my I pod touch. Great guide

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked the San Salvador in May this year and used Ender's guide which I had downloaded to my I pod touch. Great guide
Thank you. Enders did a beautiful job with his guide. I hope you had a lovely Camino. How was the weather? Did you have any place that was hard to navigate? e.g. waymarkings or path vague? Did you have a favorite town, bar, lodging?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.