A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A helping hand Villares de Órbigo, Albergue Villares de Orbigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
@LTfit writes:

On March 13th I fulfilled a long-held dream, I bought an albergue! After 10 years walking various Caminos and volunteering as a hospitalera in donativo albergues, I now had my own. Exactly two days later I was forced to close my doors. The unimaginable had happened - the closure of the Camino!

My history with the Camino started back in 2010 after my first Camino Francés. I guess you could say that walking and volunteering as a hospitalera became part of my life. Every year since then I have walked at least once but most recently several times a year. There is something indescribable about walking in the footsteps of millions of pilgrims who have travelled down the same path throughout the ages. The simplicity of day-to-day life, the sharing of a communal meal, the solitude and the comradery all lure me back time and again. In total I have walked over 10,000 km and have criss-crossed most of Spain during my 20+ Caminos.

My volunteer hospitalera experience has taken me to albergues on the Camino Francés and the Vía de la Plata including those in Grañón, El Burgo Ranero, Nájera, Zamora and Ponferrada. It is thanks to the kindness and generosity I received during my first Camino that I chose to become a hospitalera too.

No one knows for sure, but it would appear that 2020 will be a lost year. 2021 is also uncertain. Buying an albergue was a big step in my life and an important investment. There are no pilgrims but the costs of maintaining the albergue remain. During these uncertain times financial help would be much appreciated. I want to keep my doors open to future pilgrims!

You may donate via this PayPal link:
https://paypal.me/Leealbergue
An Original Camino de Santiago Graffiti Buff will be sent out to the first 35 donors (I only have a limited supply). Please indicate your mailing address if interested in this option. All others may use their donations as a pre-payment for a night in Albergue Villares de Órbigo, Camino Francés. I will keep a record of each donor.

Thank you for your help. I look forward to welcoming you all in the future.
Stay safe. Ultreia.
Lee (LTfit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock