• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Virtual Camino? Kind of...

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
While I have never been to Portugal not even as a tourist I'm simply in love with fado and its performers even when the songs are a little bit more pop-ish. Don't know why really but they kind of bring me somewhere over there to Iberia.

Missing Camino/Caminho oh so very much this song kind of touched me...

I deliberately posted a link by a male singer because usually when talking fado we're talking about one and only Amalia Rodrigues, or Cesaria Evora, Mariza, Ana Moura,...

Here's the translation :

Take your time and enjoy :)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Obrigado @KinkyOne !
We were supposed to be on the Caminho Português this year, and listening to this music makes me emotional.
Here's one that I received from Portugal. The Estudantina de Coimbra sings a song of hope for Portugal:

Bom Caminho!

Thank you. I very much enjoyed fado in Coimbra.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
While I have never been to Portugal not even as a tourist I'm simply in love with fado and its performers even when the songs are a little bit more pop-ish. Don't know why really but they kind of bring me somewhere over there to Iberia.

Missing Camino/Caminho oh so very much this song kind of touched me...

I deliberately posted a link by a male singer because usually when talking fado we're talking about one and only Amalia Rodrigues, or Cesaria Evora, Mariza, Ana Moura,...

Here's the translation :

Take your time and enjoy :)
If you enjoy fado, I can highly recommend the wondeful film by the same name (i.e, Fado) created by the masterful Spanish director Carlos Saura. The music, dance and scenery are a feast for the senses:

If you enjoy fado, I can highly recommend the wondeful film by the same name (i.e, Fado) created by the masterful Spanish director Carlos Saura. The music, dance and scenery are a feast for the senses:
Oh yeah, I know the movie. C.Saura also made films on tango and flamenco :)

Oh yeah, I know the movie. C.Saura also made films on tango and flamenco :)
Yes, I've seen and enjoyed them all. Interestingly, while walking the del Norte last year my husband and I got talking with a pair of older Spanish pilgrims. Somehow, we got onto the topic of Carlos Saura and his wonderful films. Imagine our surprise when the two pilgrims happily announced that Carlos is actually a neighbour of theirs, living in the same small Spanish village. Go figure!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back