• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Virtual camino

Rob Sleurs

Time of past OR future Camino
I have a fysical handicap, i m looking to do a cyber plergrimage
hello,
I m a belgian man , 44 ages old. I like meditation like zen and mindfulness. I like reading spiritual books, gospels of the evening prayer. I like walking and yoga. I ve one big issue that is i m not healthy i 've a double handicap, dissability. I like flightsimulator so i got the idea to do a virtual camino. I have already the flightplans. So does any one has sugestions for me how to do a virtual camino at home?
Thank you very much.
Rob

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Google Street View will let you see about 60%, the part that is on roads and through cities. It does not have a built in Camino line, so you will need to use some other resource to match up Google maps with the Camino route.

I haven't used Google Earth much but I think it will fly through a GPS file in KMZ format (and likely KML format also because a KMZ is really a compressed KML file.) So now the problem would be getting the KMZ. Well, on this site there is a KMZ file of all the Spanish caminos. I hope that Google Earth can separate all the tracks in the file.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...f-all-spanish-caminos-in-one-file.341/updates

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you all for your responds, but how do people it the practical way like timeshedule, lectures,....

Thank you all for your responds, but how do people it the practical way like timeshedule, lectures,....

Hi Rob , fellow Belgian!

What do you mean with timeschedules? Do you mean which daily distances, which Caminos or where to stop etc? Then this forum has a search function in the right uppercorner.
This forum has a wealth of information so take your time to explore it.

If by lectures you mean real life testimonies from pilgrims?
Then our Flemish Confraternity has an " open house " every Saturday in Mechelen where experienced pilgrims share their stories with newbies. They also have an interesting library on all Camino related themes.

http://www.compostelagenootschap.be/article.aspx?id=172

Last edited:
hello,
I m a belgian man , 44 ages old. I like meditation like zen and mindfulness. I like reading spiritual books, gospels of the evening prayer. I like walking and yoga. I ve one big issue that is i m not healthy i 've a double handicap, dissability. I like flightsimulator so i got the idea to do a virtual camino. I have already the flightplans. So does any one has sugestions for me how to do a virtual camino at home?
Thank you very much.
Rob

John Sikora has a time lapse video of each stage of the Camino de Santiago via the Valcarlos route (stage 1). You can follow the walk for each stage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRFjODAj_lrjNDNfYJg2rNF5WsCko4c9J

Another series of videos by SummitXtreme also covers each stage, but does so in a different presentation format.

A 'virtual camino' to me means following along in some manner while actively engaged, like walking on a treadmill while watching the videos. I don't know what capacity you have since you mentioned a double handicap/disability, but I hope these videos will help you out. Keep in mind that YouTube has hundreds of different Camino videos, so you can get a good look at the Caminos by viewing around.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Rob

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, but here is a link to a site where apparently you can do "virtual walks" including the Camino Frances, and many other. You have to enroll, though. I haven't used it myself, but I know there is at least one member of this forum who has experience in using it.

Hope it works for you.

https://www.walking4fun.com/trails/

Thanks for the answers . I am out how i go do it. I bought a book with spritual texts from the flemisch compostela group. May be i can create a movie from each stage ( flight with an ultra light airplane) and sets pictures in between from special places and a translated tought of the day. Maybe i can post the results on this website if possible.

So i enden today my virtual camino . It was a wonderfull experience. It gave me lots of peace and rest in my heart. Later on i will place little movies from it on the web and this site.
Good luck and thanks to all for the good support from the beginning with my first question

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good to hear that you had a nice experience. Looking forward to see your movies. Wishing you good luck.

Here is an introduction movie :
i tried to set this in the media part with add new media, but it didn't work, so i set it here, anyone sugestions to let ik work in the media part?

thx al lot,

Rob

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.