Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Virtual pilgrim open days from the CSJ UK!

Camino(s) past & future
All!
Due to having to close its office, the CSJ UK are now holding their regular Thursday Open Days online instead!

Every Thursday at 11am we will host a Zoom video call for an hour or so, where you'll be able to talk with our volunteers - ask your questions about particular topics, routes or the Camino in general and have a relaxed chat with some friendly expert pilgrims.

Note you do not have to have a Zoom account in order to join the call. It will just open in your internet browser.

These sessions are a chance to stay connected, get some guidance on any future camino you have planned or impart your experience to someone who might need the inspiration right now!

If you would like to join us, please email office@csj.org.uk for the Zoom link. Hope to see you there!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2020? Looks like.... nowhere! 😁
Due to having to close its office, the CSJ UK are now holding their regular Thursday Open Days online instead!

Every Thursday at 11am we will host a Zoom video call for an hour or so, where you'll be able to talk with our volunteers - ask your questions about particular topics, routes or the Camino in general and have a relaxed chat with some friendly expert pilgrims.

Note you do not have to have a Zoom account in order to join the call. It will just open in your internet browser.

These sessions are a chance to stay connected, get some guidance on any future camino you have planned or impart your experience to someone who might need the inspiration right now!

If you would like to join us, please email office@csj.org.uk for the Zoom link. Hope to see you there!
What a wonderful initiative! Thank you.

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020

Great idea. Do we have to have a specific question or can we just join to be informed through others’ questions ?

david46

Should be old enough to know better...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Portugese, St. Jaume, Del Sur, Primitivo, Vadiniense, Salvador, Mozarabe
Sounds good. It'll be interesting to see how many participants there are!

david46

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Portugese, St. Jaume, Del Sur, Primitivo, Vadiniense, Salvador, Mozarabe
It's 10.55. Is the virtual session on? If so, how do we access it? There's nothing on the CSJ UK website.

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020
It's 10.55. Is the virtual session on? If so, how do we access it? There's nothing on the CSJ UK website.
You need to email them for the zoom meeting number - I just did - still waiting. Hope we can access the site, it'll be interesting to hear others' views.

david46

Camino(s) past & future
Yes I did! However, not for a number. I just provided my e-mail address. Maybe a lack of interest... Or perhaps Zoom is overloaded with users!

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020
Yes I did! However, not for a number. I just provided my e-mail address. Maybe a lack of interest... Or perhaps Zoom is overloaded with users!
They should send you a zoom code - I've used it several times over the last couple of weeks for virtual choirs. It's like a giant Skype call.

david46

Camino(s) past & future
Yes,I've used it for Spanish conversation class. All in the hope of getting back to Spain when this is over. The del Norte in September perhaps!

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020
Yes,I've used it for Spanish conversation class. All in the hope of getting back to Spain when this is over. The del Norte in September perhaps!
I had planned my first,CF, end of May. Originally September/October, but became too excited about starting. Hoping that it may be possible to go back to my original date, but who knows. Sad times :(

david46

Camino(s) past & future
Think how much better it will be when you are able to do it! If the weather is good, that first day from SJPP is brilliant. We took accommodation at Huntto. It isn't far from SJPP but that first bit is steep. It breaks the first day up nicely... P.S. That is a fellow pelegrino - not one of us. P8100022.JPG

NiniSum

Camino(s) past & future
C Frances (2012: Leon to SdC) C Finisterre (2012) C Frances (2015: SJPP to Leon) C Inglés (2019)
I loved the walk from SJPP to Roncesvalles. We stayed at Orisson, and spending 2 days in the Pyrenees was wonderful. Your picture brings back wonderful memories - thank you!

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020
Think how much better it will be when you are able to do it! If the weather is good, that first day from SJPP is brilliant. We took accommodation at Huntto. It isn't far from SJPP but that first bit is steep. It breaks the first day up nicely... P.S. That is a fellow pelegrino - not one of us. View attachment 72355
fabulous photo

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock