• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Visas for stays longer than 90 days.

jeffnd

Time of past OR future Camino
March/April 2014
I am in the very early planning stages for my next Camino. I want to walk the Tours route through France and then the Frances through Spain. I want to do this all in one shot.

I completed the Frances from St. Jean to Santiago earlier this year in 35 days. But there were many times I felt rushed and I missed out on seeing and staying in certain places due to my schedule.

As an American, I can enjoy 90 days in the Schengen Area without a visa. And I am relatively certain I could complete the distance in that 90 day period. However, I would also like to visit friends in Europe and not have that rushed feeling like I had during my first pilgrimage.

I am no expert in international travel. But I'm sure that many of you are! So how do I go about being able to stay for longer than 90 days?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sorry, Jeff, no can do. I wanted to do that, too, but there is nothing between no visa (the 90 days) and a full-scale residence visa if you're a US citizen, alas.

I am in the very early planning stages for my next Camino. I want to walk the Tours route through France and then the Frances through Spain. I want to do this all in one shot.

I completed the Frances from St. Jean to Santiago earlier this year in 35 days. But there were many times I felt rushed and I missed out on seeing and staying in certain places due to my schedule.

As an American, I can enjoy 90 days in the Schengen Area without a visa. And I am relatively certain I could complete the distance in that 90 day period. However, I would also like to visit friends in Europe and not have that rushed feeling like I had during my first pilgrimage.

I am no expert in international travel. But I'm sure that many of you are! So how do I go about being able to stay for longer than 90 days?

Try contacting the embassy to the United States for France and Spain.

France
http://www.ambafrance-us.org/

Spain
http://www.spainemb.org/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Where should the applicant apply?
It is true that once issued a Schengen visa, one is eligible to travel within the whole Schengen zone being that the visa Schengen bureaucracy is the same in every Schengen country, however there are some predetermined rules and regulations due to where/which embassy/consulate must the applicant apply in for a Schegen visa in order to be traveling to their desired Schengen destination.

In cases where the applicant will be traveling to one and only one Schengen country, the applicant has to apply at the appropriate embassy/consulate of the certain country. Whereas if the applicant is planning to visit two or more Schengen countries, it is highly recommended to be applying for the visa in the embassy/consulate of the country you will be residing in for most of the traveling days, referred to as the main destination. In case there is no main destination but just a random visit to several Schengen countries, the applicant has to apply for the visa in the embassy/consulate on the first Schengen country he/she will enter according to the itinerary.

Once it’s determined in which embassy/consulate one will apply in, the applicant will apply in the embassy/consulate of that country that has jurisdiction of over at your place of residence.

Hi, Jeff,

maybe some answers here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/search/1013448/?q=visa&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=11

Ultreia!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Which part of Europe? The UK and I think Ireland have different rules.

I would like make a trip to Ireland, to see some friends I made on the Camino. Other countries would include France, The Netherlands, and Romania. And of course France and Spain would be where I would spend the majority of my time.

Sorry, Jeff, no can do. I wanted to do that, too, but there is nothing between no visa (the 90 days) and a full-scale residence visa if you're a US citizen, alas.

There is nothing like a long-term tourist visa? I admit, I don't know a single thing about visas and the like, but that is really dis-heartening.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@jeffnd if you want to stay longer in the Schengen area, you will need to arrange a residency or other long term visa to a country in which you are intending to stay before you arrive. In theory, you can then spend up to 90 days in 180 days visiting another of the countries.

I suggest that you discuss this with the Spanish embassy in your own country. Certainly the rules about entry into Spain seem to vary between different countries of origin, so I suspect that there are different bi-lateral arrangements in place around the world, What would be available to me coming from Australia might be different to what would be needed coming from the US.

You didn't say where else you were going to visit in Europe after walking in France and Spain. If it is another European/Schengen country, it might be more convenient to apply for a long term visa to that country, and then travel to France and Spain under the 90 in 180 days rule.

I would like make a trip to Ireland, to see some friends I made on the Camino. Other countries would include France, The Netherlands, and Romania. And of course France and Spain would be where I would spend the majority of my time.
There are official guidelines on staying here in ireland! At immigration all you have to say is that you are here for a wedding/craic and you may stay forever! No one will ask you about your residency status - big dirty pints of guinness/fresh air/saltwater to bathe in and hospitality second to none! Vast wilderness that will take your breath away - come and stay - see u at murphys pub/quay st/galway city - slan!

@jeffnd if you want to stay longer in the Schengen area, you will need to arrange a residency or other long term visa to a country in which you are intending to stay before you arrive. In theory, you can then spend up to 90 days in 180 days visiting another of the countries.

I suggest that you discuss this with the Spanish embassy in your own country. Certainly the rules about entry into Spain seem to vary between different countries of origin, so I suspect that there are different bi-lateral arrangements in place around the world, What would be available to me coming from Australia might be different to what would be needed coming from the US.

You didn't say where else you were going to visit in Europe after walking in France and Spain. If it is another European/Schengen country, it might be more convenient to apply for a long term visa to that country, and then travel to France and Spain under the 90 in 180 days rule.

You must have missed my later post. I have friends in France, Ireland, The Netherlands, and Romania I want to see. As I understand it, Ireland is not part of the Schengen area. And Romania currently isn't either, but probably will be by the time I plan to walk, which is 2016 at the earliest.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There are official guidelines on staying here in ireland! At immigration all you have to say is that you are here for a wedding/craic and you may stay forever! No one will ask you about your residency status - big dirty pints of guinness/fresh air/saltwater to bathe in and hospitality second to none! Vast wilderness that will take your breath away - come and stay - see u at murphys pub/quay st/galway city - slan!

I met 2 of the sweetest Irish ladies you'd ever want to meet on the Camino and I really hope to see them again! Ireland does scare me though. I'm afraid if I go, I may never want to leave!

Jeff, thE uK permits visas up to 6 months. Then you can visit the schengen countries for up to 90 days. We were on sabbatical in 2012-13 and were able to use the UK as our base for 6 months. Liz

There is nothing like a long-term tourist visa? I admit, I don't know a single thing about visas and the like, but that is really dis-heartening.

Unfortunately, no. And getting a long-term residence visa means jumping through a lot of hoops (FBI background check, usually having a company in the Schengen area invite you to work, etc.). The UK option that Liz Brandt mentions above sounds intriguing, though! And I know our friends come to Spain for 3 months at a time, with 6 months in between visits. I know you want to do it all in one shot, but if it can't work out, coming over twice in one year doesn't sound too shabby! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

No, I was very disappointed to find this out, too, as many other Americans here have been if you look back through the various threads about it. One other alternative not mentioned yet is to buy expensive property in some countries (I think Spain may be included), or a lot of Hungarian gvt bonds (and agree to hold them for an extended period) and they'll give you a resident visa as part of the deal.

Note that for the territorial visa it says:

>This type of visa is issued in very peculiar cases such as a humanitarian reason or under international obligation as an exception to the common USV system.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Some of the information above is simply not true or misleading IMHO. The basic Schengen visas are the standard, visa-free permission for remain for up to 90 days within any six-month period, and the residence visa that leads to eventual (optional) citizenship. However, there are several quirks and variations one should be aware of. Also, you need to specifically ASK for the type of visa you want. Do not expect some consular officials to be forthcoming.

Here is what I know from having traveled a lot in Europe and lived there for several years (Belgium). I also continue friendships with many people living there, including expats.
  1. A visa issued by one Schengen (EU) country is usually valid in all other member nations for the same duration and with the same conditions.
  2. The 90-days within any six-month period is a sliding or rolling time frame. That is to say that if you enter the Schengen area, anywhere, your 90-day "clock" starts. If you depart the Schengen free travel area this "clock" stops. When you reenter the Schengen / EU area, the "clock" restarts counting the 90-days. I do not know how much time you must be gone to stop or restart the "clock."
  3. On your passport, look at the entry and exit stamps applied at the place you came into the Schengen / EU area and where you departed. A stamp with an arrow pointing INTO the stamp is an entry stamp. A stamp with the arrow pointing OUTWARD is an exit stamp. The calculated days, in between those dates including the departure date, is the number of days tolling on your six-month 90-day clock. So, coming from the US, you could plan a total 91-calendar day trip, as you typically arrive the day after you got on the plane. Day one of the 90-day clock starts the day they stamp you INTO the Schengen / EU area.
  4. You need to understand the difference between the EU and the Schengen free-travel area. They are NOT coterminous. There are European countries that are members of the Schengen travel area accords but NOT in the EU per se. Do your research beforehand.
  5. There is a Type "D" Schengen visa that permits multiple stays of more than 90 days and up to a year at a single go. It is referred to as the long-term stay, or Temporary Resident visa. It is usually issued for one year and is easily renewed for up to four years. This visa allows you to buy or rent a flat, buy a car, get a local driver license, etc. as you must report to the local authorities and obtain a national ID card as local procedures require. The Type "D" visa DOES NOT permit you to work in Europe. A full application with fees, and a medical examination may be required. I know several US citizens who "snowbird" in Europe parts of each year using this visa. I have considered becoming an expat myself using this visa.
  6. One reason why some countries MAY discount the Type "D" Temporary Resident visa is that under most bilateral tax treaties, you remain a citizen and national of your home country and not subject to the higher income taxes in the European nation you are "living" temporarily in. So, for a US citizen and national, if you lived in Europe for more than 90 days, you MUST pay income taxes to the US. You MUST file a tax return in the country you are temporarily resident in to ensure them you are not working. However, you will not normally be required to pay any income tax to the European country you are temporarily resident in.
Bottom line - there is a Type "D" long-term stay, Temporary Resident visa good across the Schengen free travel area, similar but not wholly coterminous with the European Union. The visa permits you to remain for more than 90-days, and up to one year at a go. It conveys several privileges but has restrictions. You cannot work with this visa, so you must be self supporting, like on a pension. You MUST ask specifically for this visa at an embassy or consulate if you are interested.

I have only seen this visa featured in a few Schengen countries websites. However, I know that it is available and is honored across the continent.

I hope this helps.

@t2andreo, to add to your commentary, the Type D are national visas, issued before you travel in your own country by the consular staff from the country you are visiting (arrangements differ, some consular staff are collocated with their embassies, others are not). I don't know of any arrangement for them to be issued on arrival, so they must be applied for (and granted) before one leaves. Some countries have a broader range of acceptable reasons for the application, but most seem to involve proving that you are able to live for the period of the visa without relying on financial aid from the country you are visiting, be that a wealth or income test. Certainly in Australia, the arrangements differ for each potential country. Some have specific time limits for applications, etc.

It is always best to check with the embassy/consul for the country you are visiting to confirm the details of what is available and the eligibility requirements.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jeff, thE uK permits visas up to 6 months. Then you can visit the schengen countries for up to 90 days. We were on sabbatical in 2012-13 and were able to use the UK as our base for 6 months. Liz
But does that allow for more than 90 days within the 6 months? My understanding is that even if I go back to the UK or visit say Morocco, I'm still only allowed 90 days total in any 6 month period. I wanted to stay longer too and back in the days before the Union, it was simply a matter of each country's rules. I found a few web sites out there discussing this and it seems depending on where you depart from, there can be some leniency if you overstay. I did not want to test that theory but I was 1 day over and no one seemed to mind or they didn't catch it.

But does that allow for more than 90 days within the 6 months? My understanding is that even if I go back to the UK or visit say Morocco, I'm still only allowed 90 days total in any 6 month period. I wanted to stay longer too and back in the days before the Union, it was simply a matter of each country's rules. I found a few web sites out there discussing this and it seems depending on where you depart from, there can be some leniency if you overstay. I did not want to test that theory but I was 1 day over and no one seemed to mind or they didn't catch it.
I think you are correct its 90 days in 6 months., I mentioned what we did because you indicated you might go to Ireland. I think the Republic of Ireland has similar rules to the Uk. So the time you spend in those countries does not count against your Schengen time. Here is a link to the US State Department FAQ on Schengen visas. Its pretty helpful. Liz

So without doing the Schengen Type D visa, your best bet is to plan 90 days in-Schengen, 90 days out-Schengen, and then you can re-enter Schengen. Out-Schengen includes UK, Ireland, Turkey, Albania and other Balkan states other than Slovenia, and Morocco and other north Africa states.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You might ask about a document called a "Proroga", call the Spanish embassy. In 2010 I was told to go to the local police station in Spain for this document. I wound up going to the immigration office in Madrid and they gave me an official stamped letter ( the Proroga) to present upon leaving Spain. I was over the 90 day limit , however they never asked for the letter. You have to state a reason for overstaying and I said I was doing the Camino and did not know how long it would take me to do this and had booked a flight back home (USA) exceeding the 90 days. I did have a return flight booked.

@t2andreo, to add to your commentary, the Type D are national visas, issued before you travel in your own country by the consular staff from the country you are visiting (arrangements differ, some consular staff are collocated with their embassies, others are not). I don't know of any arrangement for them to be issued on arrival, so they must be applied for (and granted) before one leaves. Some countries have a broader range of acceptable reasons for the application, but most seem to involve proving that you are able to live for the period of the visa without relying on financial aid from the country you are visiting, be that a wealth or income test. Certainly in Australia, the arrangements differ for each potential country. Some have specific time limits for applications, etc.

It is always best to check with the embassy/consul for the country you are visiting to confirm the details of what is available and the eligibility requirements.

Doug:

You are correct. One must apply for and receive this visa BEFORE you depart your home country. There are no provisions for issuing this sort of visa on arrival. I regret not making that point clearer. Thank you for the assist.

Also, the visa application process may take some time, and it is NOT cheap. Some countries are faster than others. Plan ahead.

I hope this helps.

You might ask about a document called a "Proroga", call the Spanish embassy. In 2010 I was told to go to the local police station in Spain for this document. I wound up going to the immigration office in Madrid and they gave me an official stamped letter ( the Proroga) to present upon leaving Spain. I was over the 90 day limit , however they never asked for the letter. You have to state a reason for overstaying and I said I was doing the Camino and did not know how long it would take me to do this and had booked a flight back home (USA) exceeding the 90 days. I did have a return flight booked.

The term "Proroga" literally means "adjournment" in English. I think this provision is limited to Spain, and is not extant across the Schengen free-travel area. You need to double-check this with your nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate. It is likely intended as a one-time thing when you know you need more than 90-days, but not enough time to go through the entire temporary residence visa process.

Similarly, you could ask another EU country if they have such a document for people who need one-time extra stay permission. it never hurts to ask.

Having retired from several decades as a federal immigration officer, among other things, I rather suspect this is a sort of advance permission to overstay your 90-day period of admission. It sounds like what we used to call an advanced parole or permission to depart at a later date than your visa allows without penalty. The authority exists in the US immigration laws, but is administered locally, on a case by case basis.

Just for information, the US laws do NOT permit extension of the 90-days most visa waiver visitors are permitted to remain in the US. This is similar to the Schengen free-travel area permission, but is not subject to the six month window provision. The US border agency computer systems watch for people who habitually misuse this privilege by remaining in the US for 88-89 days, then go out of the country for a few days and return to restart the 90-day clock. You might get away with it once. But few people get away with it much longer than that.

However, and this is critical, the Proroga would (logically) apply only to someone LEAVING the EU from a Spanish port following a longer than 90-day stay. You could not reasonably expect a French, Belgian, German or Italian official to respect this letter at one of their departure ports.

The bottom line is "caveat emptor" (buyer beware). Exercise due diligence, in advance.

I hope this helps.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
  1. There is a Type "D" Schengen visa that permits multiple stays of more than 90 days and up to a year at a single go. It is referred to as the long-term stay, or Temporary Resident visa. It is usually issued for one year and is easily renewed for up to four years. This visa allows you to buy or rent a flat, buy a car, get a local driver license, etc. as you must report to the local authorities and obtain a national ID card as local procedures require. The Type "D" visa DOES NOT permit you to work in Europe. A full application with fees, and a medical examination may be required. I know several US citizens who "snowbird" in Europe parts of each year using this visa. I have considered becoming an expat myself using this visa.
  2. One reason why some countries MAY discount the Type "D" Temporary Resident visa is that under most bilateral tax treaties, you remain a citizen and national of your home country and not subject to the higher income taxes in the European nation you are "living" temporarily in. So, for a US citizen and national, if you lived in Europe for more than 90 days, you MUST pay income taxes to the US. You MUST file a tax return in the country you are temporarily resident in to ensure them you are not working. However, you will not normally be required to pay any income tax to the European country you are temporarily resident in.
Bottom line - there is a Type "D" long-term stay, Temporary Resident visa good across the Schengen free travel area, similar but not wholly coterminous with the European Union. The visa permits you to remain for more than 90-days, and up to one year at a go. It conveys several privileges but has restrictions. You cannot work with this visa, so you must be self supporting, like on a pension. You MUST ask specifically for this visa at an embassy or consulate if you are interested.

I have only seen this visa featured in a few Schengen countries websites. However, I know that it is available and is honored across the continent.

I hope this helps.

Good to know. Sounds like you have to go through the hoops of applying for a visa (and for us it took months to collect everything and then have it approved before we could come live in Spain under a different visa) but it's an option. Thanks for clarifying.

By the way - our American friends lived here for 2 years under a retirement visa, then when they tried to renew their residency the Spanish government denied their renewal on the basis that they didn't each have 50,000€ in the bank! It was a new law that had just come out. They appealed to the courts and were still denied, but the good news is they can still come back twice a year for 90 days at a time.
Faith

So without doing the Schengen Type D visa, your best bet is to plan 90 days in-Schengen, 90 days out-Schengen, and then you can re-enter Schengen. Out-Schengen includes UK, Ireland, Turkey, Albania and other Balkan states other than Slovenia, and Morocco and other north Africa states.
Not entirely true, because Schengen zone is a zone within the European Union and Turkey, Albania (as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro), Morocco and any African states are not the EU members.
As I know visas apply to Schengen zone, therefore it makes no difference if you exit this zone to other non-Schengen EU states or Japan.

Not entirely true, because Schengen zone is a zone within the European Union and Turkey, Albania (as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro), Morocco and any African states are not the EU members.
As I know visas apply to Schengen zone, therefore it makes no difference if you exit this zone to other non-Schengen EU states or Japan.

Some of the Schengen zone countries are outside the EU. Switzerland for example.

The point of leaving the zone is to reset the clock so to speak. In theory a person could do ninety days in the the Schengen zone. Ninety days out. Then return.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Some of the Schengen zone countries are outside the EU. Switzerland for example.

The point of leaving the zone is to reset the clock so to speak. In theory a person could do ninety days in the the Schengen zone. Ninety days out. Then return.
True, but the botton line is to leave the Schengen zone (sorry, I assumed everybody knows about Switzerland too, on account of UK etc.) so if it is Croatia, Turkey, Japan or South Africa doesn't make any difference. That was what I wanted to point out.
Thanks to help clear that out.

True, but the botton line is to leave the Schengen zone (sorry, I assumed everybody knows about Switzerland too, on account of UK etc.) so if it is Croatia, Turkey, Japan or South Africa doesn't make any difference.
Switzerland is a Schengen signatory, so the Schengen visa rules apply, even though it is not an EU member. Schengen and EU status are separate issues. Just a reminder that the OP was interested in visiting friends in Europe, and traveling in Europe, rather than more far-flung destinations.

Good to know. Sounds like you have to go through the hoops of applying for a visa (and for us it took months to collect everything and then have it approved before we could come live in Spain under a different visa) but it's an option. Thanks for clarifying.

By the way - our American friends lived here for 2 years under a retirement visa, then when they tried to renew their residency the Spanish government denied their renewal on the basis that they didn't each have 50,000€ in the bank! It was a new law that had just come out. They appealed to the courts and were still denied, but the good news is they can still come back twice a year for 90 days at a time.
Faith

I do not know why their extension was denied. I wonder if either of them worked on the local economy? THAT would cause a problem. The Type D visa does not permit employment, even self-employment. Failure to file even the pro-forma local tax return each year might also taint the decision.

The key to the Type D visa is for the person to have independent means of support, like a pension. I have not heard about the requirement for the overly large local bank deposit. Thanks for the information.

Cheers!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all so much for the information. I am wanting to walk from Vezelay to Le-Puy-en-Velay through the Morvan, then take the Via Podensis and Camino Frances---yet wasn't certain I could do so within 90 days and had been seriously looking at a "D" visa. I'll contact the French embassy here post-holidays and see what I can do.

There is also an official consular agency here in Seattle connected to the consulate in San Francisco. Spain has one here as well.

And many thanks, Falcon!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There is also an official consular agency here in Seattle connected to the consulate in San Francisco.
Maybe. It depends on what they mean by "cannot: accept passport requests, national ID cards, VISAS or any pass". It is certainly worth contacting them for clarification before traveling to San Francisco!!:):)

This Consular agency can:
help you if you are in a difficult situation
facilitate you in your administrative requests by directly delivering life certificates and certificates of residency, by legalizing or certifying your signature, by certifying in accordance with the original translation documents or copies, by accomplishing all necessary formalities relating to the transportation of the body or of ashes, by receiving proxies of vote
provide you with your passport or your identity card, which you will have asked for in advance from the Consulate General of France in San Francisco or during visits from an agent belonging to the Consulate, concerning ID cards

This consular agency cannot :
  • Accept passport requests, national ID cards, VISAS or any pass (laissez-passez)
  • Receive or transmit any requests concerning the public records, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates and death certificates
How to get to the Consular Agency :
  • Honorary Consulate of France in Seattle
    World Trade Center
    2200 Alaskan Way, suite 490
    Seattle, WA 98121

Well, then! :-D Since Seattle is a no-go, I'll make a side trip to the consulate in February (I'm down in the Bay Area for a conference, and BART/MUNI are wonderful).

Thanks so very much, Falcon! You saved me some time!

A couple of years ago I walked the Camino from Lourdes beginning late April into May.
Then I went to England and Wales for a couple of months.
Then I returned to the Camino to walk from SJPP.
All in all, I was in France and Spain (Schengen countries) no more than 90 days, but in addition was in the UK for a couple of months.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you all for the information. Unfortunately, it's not quite as straight-forward as I'd hoped and I have a lot more research and work ahead of me, or perhaps I'll have to amend my travel plans. If I could get 30 more days in addition to the 90 days, it would be perfect. I am not planning on going for several more years, but I believe the Camino will provide the answer I need, one way or the other!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back