• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Visigothic jewel south of Burgos

alansykes

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
I've just visited Santa María de Lara, a rare visigothic church of c650AD in the sierra de la Demanda, south of Burgos. It's an amazing building, just outside the village of Quintanilla de las Viñas. The walls are covered with intricate stylised carvings showing plants, birds, vines and dogs. Inside is what is believed to be the earliest representation of Christ in Spain, and a sun and moon which later would probably raise questions of paganism from any sharp-eyed Inquisitor. After the reconquista, in about 880AD, it was restored, possibly with funding from Doña Mumadona, mother of Fernán González, the count of Castille.

Well worth a detour

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just did some googling and it looks amazing. I will definitely try to take this detour when I walk the Ebro. Are you doing this on foot, Alan? Did you sleep in Mecerreyes and then veer off the Lana to see the church? When you have time, I'd love to hear the details. I'd take Visigothic over the Burgos cathedral any day! Thanks so much for letting us know about the side trip, you just keep making me add days to my plan. Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'd really like to see this in May 2016. Is it possible to get there (or part way there) by public transport from Burgos?

Are you doing this on foot, Alan? Did you sleep in Mecerreyes and then veer off the Lana to see the church?

Yup, very nice albergue in Mecerreyes, loads of beds, well-equipped kitchen, fridge etc, €5 (empty). Then over the hill and about 3-4 hours walk to Quintanilla de las Viñas, incidentally passing the dolmen of Cubillejo (c3000BC), and some dinosaur footprints if it's all getting too modern for you.

Fairly sure there's no public transport to the village, but there probably is to Mambrillas de Lara, on the main road about 5km closer to Covarrubias.

Next stop Burgos and my first ever (brief) encounter with the Camino Francés.IMG_20151101_063637.JPG

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Is it possible to get there (or part way there) by public transport from Burgos?

Therpasa (www.therpasa.es) quotes Quintanilla de las Viñas among its destinations from Burgos but looking at the schedules and at the time quoted from Quintanilla de las Viñas to Mambrillas de Lara, it seems to me they don't leave you in the town but at the junction of road N-234 with the provincial road heading to Quintanilla de las Viñas (i.e.: roughly 4 kms away from Quintanilla de las Viñas) but that's just what it seems to me so I could be wrong... Anyway, I would suggest to get in touch with Therpasa to know where's the stop at Quintanilla de las Viñas (or its surroundings) and confirm whether it leaves you in the town or several kms out of it.

Book me in for the sightseeing trip next year.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I love this place, and I can get there easily from here in the car. I also know of a really cool Visigothic burial complex in Gumiel, somewhat nearby, and a set of hermit caves... a full day's worth of Visigoth. And while you're in the neighborhood, there's the Arroyo de Lobos... Let's go!
I'm telling you, Reb,
You need to offer a Soria/Burgos romanesque/visigothic tour in conjunction with the December clean-up. Who could resist that double whammy?

I just learned how to bookmark...this looks wonderful. A jewel of a Visigothic church plus a dolmen and Dino footprints?!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, there are so many interesting options...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've just visited Santa María de Lara, a rare visigothic church of c650AD in the sierra de la Demanda, south of Burgos. It's an amazing building, just outside the village of Quintanilla de las Viñas. The walls are covered with intricate stylised carvings showing plants, birds, vines and dogs. Inside is what is believed to be the earliest representation of Christ in Spain, and a sun and moon which later would probably raise questions of paganism from any sharp-eyed Inquisitor. After the reconquista, in about 880AD, it was restored, possibly with funding from Doña Mumadona, mother of Fernán González, the count of Castille.

Well worth a detour

Well worth a detour
Thank you for the tip. Next time I'm in Burgos this will be on my list of things to see.

Looks fantastic..I'm a church spotter of Train spotting proportions...so this is on the list...Just returned from first leg of Camino up to Burgos and completely missed this wonderful sounding place...my main disappointment on Camino was number of churches not open or with unpredictable opening times...Eunate for example...any timings for this one ??????

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi there:

Here are some details on the dinosaur footprints, which are only a km or so from the visigothic church:

http://www.tierradelara.es/Pueblos/Quintanilla de las vinas/quintanilla_de_las_vinas_cultural.html

And the dolmen is in open countryside near the village of Cubillejo de Lara, not far from Lara de los Infantes, perhaps 2 hours from Santa María de Lara: http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=40337

Santa María de Lara is closed Monday and Tuesday and "the last weekend of each month" - as November 1 fell on a Sunday this year, I wasn't sure whether that meant the last full weekend of October or the weekend of October 31-November 1, so made sure to get there by Friday October 30, just in case. Opening hours vary between summer and winter: http://www.mambrillasdelara.es/turismo-y-ocio/monumentos/ermita-visigótica-de-nuestra-señora-de-las-viñas

Hi there:

Here are some details on the dinosaur footprints, which are only a km or so from the visigothic church:

http://www.tierradelara.es/Pueblos/Quintanilla de las vinas/quintanilla_de_las_vinas_cultural.html

And the dolmen is in open countryside near the village of Cubillejo de Lara, not far from Lara de los Infantes, perhaps 2 hours from Santa María de Lara: http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=40337

Santa María de Lara is closed Monday and Tuesday and "the last weekend of each month" - as November 1 fell on a Sunday this year, I wasn't sure whether that meant the last full weekend of October or the weekend of October 31-November 1, so made sure to get there by Friday October 30, just in case. Opening hours vary between summer and winter: http://www.mambrillasdelara.es/turismo-y-ocio/monumentos/ermita-visigótica-de-nuestra-señora-de-las-viñas

Alan, if I am walking from Mecerreyes, will I pass both the dolmen and the footprints? I'm hoping to that maybe there will be a Camino Frances detour group -- we could meet up in Santo Domingo de Silos, and then take your three days to Burgos. Probably pipe dreams, but I am always looking for ways to find a pilgrim or two on my caminos.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks, Castilian, I have Alan's GPS tracks and have found that there is a nice casa rural in Mondubar, so a detour to Quintanilla is definitely in my plans!

And since Alan visited both of these sites, I'm assuming that his gps tracks will take me there if I just follow blindly. :)

Well worth a detour

Alan, I have a question about your walking route from Mondúbar to Burgos. I am hoping to make it into town for an 11 am bus (long story), and see that your wikiloc route was 18.8 km. Googlemaps shows three alternatives that are different from your route, and they are all in the 15 km range. Those few kms might be a nice cushion to have, so I'm wondering if you have any insight into how these routes are different from what you did, and also why you chose the route you did.

thanks, LaurieScreenshot 2016-01-21 09.55.12.png

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Alan, I have a question about your walking route from Mondúbar to Burgos. I am hoping to make it into town for an 11 am bus (long story), and see that your wikiloc route was 18.8 km. Googlemaps shows three alternatives that are different from your route, and they are all in the 15 km range. Those few kms might be a nice cushion to have, so I'm wondering if you have any insight into how these routes are different from what you did, and also why you chose the route you did.

I think I followed the camino de San Olaf from Modúbar de San Cibrián to Burgos, which may explain why it was slightly longer than your routes, which look very pleasant as well as significantly shorter. "My" route was mostly on a vía verde, right into the centre of town, and joined the Ruta de la Lana a few km outside of Burgos. The San Olav route is marked from Covarrubias, where it leaves the Lana, to the new chapel of St Olav and the visigothic Santa María de Lara, skipping Mecerreyes, and saving a few km.

I liked the Cerca de Doña Jimena in Modúbar de San Cibrián: very comfortable (almost luxurious, and I think not expensive), with a decent bar/restaurant. The social centre bar, a couple of 100 yards away, was also lively and fun - full of people of all ages covered in Hallowe'en blood and costumes when I was there.

Last edited:
I think I followed the camino de San Olaf from Modúbar de San Cibrián to Burgos, which may explain why it was slightly longer than your routes, which look very pleasant as well as significantly shorter. "My" route was mostly on a vía verde, right into the centre of town, and joined the Ruta de la Lana a few km outside of Burgos. The San Olav route is marked from Covarrubias, where it leaves the Lana, to the new chapel of St Olav and the visigothic Santa María de Lara, skipping Mecerreyes, and saving a few km.

I liked the Cerca de Doña Jimena in Modúbar de San Cibrián: very comfortable (almost luxurious, and I think not expensive), with a decent bar/restaurant. The social centre bar, a couple of 100 yards away, was also lively and fun - full of people of all ages covered in Hallowe'en blood and costumes when I was there.

Sorry to keep pestering you Alan. If I am going to walk Santo Domingo to Mondubar in two days, would it then make more sense to spend the first night in Covarrubias instead of Mecerreyes? If I'm looking at the maps right, it seems like all that going to Mecerreyes does for me is add more kms to the next day into Mondubar.

And when you mention the via verde, are you talking about the river walk into Burgos or does this via verde extend out into the country? Because if I walk from Modubar to Cardenadijo, I will then connect with the San Olav if it's marked anyway. :)

If I am going to walk Santo Domingo to Mondubar in two days, would it then make more sense to spend the first night in Covarrubias instead of Mecerreyes? If I'm looking at the maps right, it seems like all that going to Mecerreyes does for me is add more kms to the next day into Mondubar.

Mecerreyes is closer to Modúbar de San Cibrián but I don't think there's a signed route linking them because the St. Olav Way doesn't go through Mecerreyes and the Ruta de la Lana doesn't go through Modúbar de San Cibrián.

And when you mention the via verde, are you talking about the river walk into Burgos or does this via verde extend out into the country?

It extends out into the country. It's (a part of) the Vía Verde Santander-Mediterráneo, if you want to look for info about it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If I am going to walk Santo Domingo to Mondubar in two days, would it then make more sense to spend the first night in Covarrubias instead of Mecerreyes? If I'm looking at the maps right, it seems like all that going to Mecerreyes does for me is add more kms to the next day into Mondubar.

I suppose it probably does. Mecerreyes has a pleasant albergue with a well equipped kitchen, and there is a tienda in the town (the restaurant was closed and the bar did no food). Santo Dominigo to Covarrubias would be a very short day (I think I got into town just after midday, despite having breakfast after matins in Santo Domingo), so it might be better to go on the San Olav Way, perhaps to Mambrillas de Lara (which has a casa rural), only 5km from Santa María de Lara, and much closer to Modúbar de San Cibrián. You would miss the dolmen, but it's not heart-stopping. Another alternative, if you wanted to stay in Covarrubias, would be to detour to see the ruins of the monastery of San Pedro de Arlanza.

The vía verde I took was on disused railway tracks from Modúbar de la Emparedada into central Burgos via Cardeñadijo, roughly 12km - the 6km from Modúbar de San Cibrián to Modúbar de la Emparedada was mostly alongside a stream, if I remember rightly. I think it was all on the San Olav (and the Lana from around Cardeñadijo): but it's still 18km, so if you need to be at Burgos bus station by 11am, you'd probably be better off following one of the shorter google routes you found.

Thanks, Alan and Castilian. My plan is now to take the road route from Modúbar de San Cibrian (I am just seeing that there are THREE Modubars on this route!) to Cardeñadijo, first on BU-V-8011 to Carcedo, then alongside the BU-800 to Cardeñadijo. From Cardeñadijo to Burgos, it looks like I will be on an asphalted pedestrian/bike path
http://sendasdeburgos.blogspot.com/2014/07/via-verde-del-santander-mediterraneo-de.html

The other issue has to do with Mecerreyes. I've been comparing maps and gps tracks, etc, and it seems I was wrong (no surprise there) on my first calculation of distances from Mecerreyes as opposed to Covarrubias.

I THINK Mecerreyes to the church at Quintanilla as shown on Alan's GPS is 13, whereas from Covarrubias the Camino San Olav route shows 17. That means that the Mecerreyes route is actually shorter than the San Olav route.

So, I'm now thinking that Alan's suggestion about walking to Covarrubias, visiting the town and church, and then walking on 10 more on the Camino San Olav to Mambrillas makes the most sense. I'll have to see if I can find a casa rural there.

Buen camino, Laurie

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Tulle, have you walked this camino from Burgos to Covarrubias?
Yes, I walked there with friends in June 2014. A very nice little camino:) No albergues though, so we stayed in pensiones which we booked beforehand. We did not see any other pilgrims, but there had been other Norwegians before us. It was very nice to be Norwegian in Covarrubias!

Yes, I walked there with friends in June 2014. A very nice little camino:) No albergues though, so we stayed in pensiones which we booked beforehand. We did not see any other pilgrims, but there had been other Norwegians before us. It was very nice to be Norwegian in Covarrubias!

Sorry to be a pest, Tulle, but I wonder if you remember your stages and the names of the places you stayed. I will probably sleep in Santo Domingo de Silos in the albergue, then walk on the Ruta de la Lana to Covarrubias, and there start the Camino San Olav. I think that the night before Burgos will be the Cerca de Doña Jimena in Modúbar de San Ciprián. In between Covarrubias and Modúbar, there is reported to be a casa rural, http://www.caminodesanolav.es/es/contenido/?iddoc=22, which would be a good day from Santo Domingo de Silos. Any information you have would be great, thanks much, Laurie

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
No pestering at all, we are here to share, aren' t we:)) I have tried to send some information in a private conversation, I hope I have done it correctly. If nothing reaches you, you' d better tell me!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No pestering at all, we are here to share, aren' t we:)) I have tried to send some information in a private conversation, I hope I have done it correctly. If nothing reaches you, you' d better tell me!

Tulle, could I have the information as well?

Ivar just posted a list of the "top ten bookmarked threads" and it looks like this thread is number 2! So I'm wondering if there are lots of people out there who are going to go to Santo Domingo de Silos this year. If so, let me know if you might be doing this in early June. @anniethenurse and I hope to be reaching Santo Domingo coming from the Ruta de la Lana coming in from the south, and we will then take a slight detour to go to Burgos on the Camino San Olav. It'd be a three day walk as I described above. So if you are interested in perhaps taking a bus to Santo Domingo and then walking back to Bugos, let us know. It'd be fun to have a little gaggle of pilgrims taking this detour. Buen camino, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Boy, Laurie, if I were doing my Camino in June, I would be right there with you!!I've been contemplating doing just about what you've suggested (though your facility with maps, "wikilocs" etc. leaves me in the dirt (note to self: how am I going to learn all this stuff before March 20?!)). I would be doing this all alone; for the very first time in my preparation (after 20 years of dreaming/planning) I'm feeling a bit "unsure" (meaning SCARED!).You guys are all so knowledgeable about the different caminos and how to navigate them. I've spent the last month in the library reading about Spanish history and Romanesque Architecture. Probably would have been better learning navigation and Spanish. Any suggestions on tutorial on GPS navigation and translating it to Google maps, with the milage/time for walking? That is a new one to me.

But I am so excited!

Boy, Laurie, if I were doing my Camino in June, I would be right there with you!!I've been contemplating doing just about what you've suggested (though your facility with maps, "wikilocs" etc. leaves me in the dirt (note to self: how am I going to learn all this stuff before March 20?!)). I would be doing this all alone; for the very first time in my preparation (after 20 years of dreaming/planning) I'm feeling a bit "unsure" (meaning SCARED!).You guys are all so knowledgeable about the different caminos and how to navigate them. I've spent the last month in the library reading about Spanish history and Romanesque Architecture. Probably would have been better learning navigation and Spanish. Any suggestions on tutorial on GPS navigation and translating it to Google maps, with the milage/time for walking? That is a new one to me.

But I am so excited!

Ha ha ha. Cathryn, you are probably the only person on this forum who would think I have any facility with maps or wikiloc. It's obvious that you haven't been on the forum long, or you would have seen some of my idiotic questions. :) I am a pretty clueless technologically challenged pilgrim.

On the Frances, you do not need to know anything about wikiloc, GPS tracks, or anything beyond being able to look at the arrows and follow them. I know you have been researching all the Romanesque and Visigothic churches near the camino, but maybe that's just contributing to the anxiety. You're not going to see all that Spain has to offer on your first (or on your twentieth) Camino. So, if it were me, I would maybe get a kindle version of the Davidson/Gitlitz book (I carried it on my first Camino and that was silly -- it is ridiculously heavy, but I have heard there is now a kindle/mobile version). And then just focus on seeing all the little jewels you will pass (or will be within a stone's throw of) on the Camino Frances. There's enough of the Romanesque on the camino to fill you with awe. And many people just walk right by, because they aren't interested or because they don't know about it. The Davidson book will keep you informed every step of the way.

One thing to consider as you plan all these detours is that as you are walking, you are likely to develop strong ties with a group, your "Camino Family." Are you going to want to pop off for a bunch of side trips and then start over to rebuild social ties with new people? You may want to on some occasions, it may be a good way to disconnect from a bunch of rotten apples (that does happen every now and then), but it's probably more likely that you will have strong bonds with a group that you don't want to lose. But never fear, there are plenty of places on the Camino, so you can have your cake and eat it too. And if you can find a pal or two who wants to detour to Santo Domingo de Silos or San Miguel de la Escalada (easy to do by taxi during a rest day in Leon, for example), those may be nice ways to break up the walking and give your body a rest.

So, just know that being scared is part of the routine, even people who have done this many times are anxious and a bit apprehensive before starting out, but once you take the first steps, that all melts away and you just focus on the present and doing what you went to Spain to do. March 20 is coming up, and I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Ha ha ha. Cathryn, you are probably the only person on this forum who would think I have any facility with maps or wikiloc. It's obvious that you haven't been on the forum long, or you would have seen some of my idiotic questions. :) I am a pretty clueless technologically challenged pilgrim.

On the Frances, you do not need to know anything about wikiloc, GPS tracks, or anything beyond being able to look at the arrows and follow them. I know you have been researching all the Romanesque and Visigothic churches near the camino, but maybe that's just contributing to the anxiety. You're not going to see all that Spain has to offer on your first (or on your twentieth) Camino. So, if it were me, I would maybe get a kindle version of the Davidson/Gitlitz book (I carried it on my first Camino and that was silly -- it is ridiculously heavy, but I have heard there is now a kindle/mobile version). And then just focus on seeing all the little jewels you will pass (or will be within a stone's throw of) on the Camino Frances. There's enough of the Romanesque on the camino to fill you with awe. And many people just walk right by, because they aren't interested or because they don't know about it. The Davidson book will keep you informed every step of the way.

One thing to consider as you plan all these detours is that as you are walking, you are likely to develop strong ties with a group, your "Camino Family." Are you going to want to pop off for a bunch of side trips and then start over to rebuild social ties with new people? You may want to on some occasions, it may be a good way to disconnect from a bunch of rotten apples (that does happen every now and then), but it's probably more likely that you will have strong bonds with a group that you don't want to lose. But never fear, there are plenty of places on the Camino, so you can have your cake and eat it too. And if you can find a pal or two who wants to detour to Santo Domingo de Silos or San Miguel de la Escalada (easy to do by taxi during a rest day in Leon, for example), those may be nice ways to break up the walking and give your body a rest.

So, just know that being scared is part of the routine, even people who have done this many times are anxious and a bit apprehensive before starting out, but once you take the first steps, that all melts away and you just focus on the present and doing what you went to Spain to do. March 20 is coming up, and I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for the insightful -- and encouraging! -- reply! Strange: I couldn't find the kindle version of G&D on the UK Amazon site, but it is on Amazon US! Great suggestion! Yes, I'm capable of wanting to do/see too much, but it's all just so fascinating! And I hope we meet sometime on one or another Camino!

The other issue has to do with Mecerreyes. I've been comparing maps and gps tracks, etc, and it seems I was wrong (no surprise there) on my first calculation of distances from Mecerreyes as opposed to Covarrubias.

I THINK Mecerreyes to the church at Quintanilla as shown on Alan's GPS is 13, whereas from Covarrubias the Camino San Olav route shows 17. That means that the Mecerreyes route is actually shorter than the San Olav route.

Tulle, could I have the information as well?
Me, too, Tulle, please?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Therpasa (www.therpasa.es) quotes Quintanilla de las Viñas among its destinations from Burgos but looking at the schedules and at the time quoted from Quintanilla de las Viñas to Mambrillas de Lara, it seems to me they don't leave you in the town but at the junction of road N-234 with the provincial road heading to Quintanilla de las Viñas (i.e.: roughly 4 kms away from Quintanilla de las Viñas) but that's just what it seems to me so I could be wrong... Anyway, I would suggest to get in touch with Therpasa to know where's the stop at Quintanilla de las Viñas (or its surroundings) and confirm whether it leaves you in the town or several kms out of it.
There's a bus stop on the N-234, about 4 kms away. Mambrillas is right near the highway so more easily accessible by bus...but it's about the same distance (maybe a bit further) from Quintanilla de las Viñas.

Wow! I will definitely visit that place, I will spend 4 days in Covarrubias in June, attending a Viking wedding at the Summer Solstice, it will definitely be an experience!

Thanks for the tip-off. It's on my list!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Well worth a detour
I visited it this summer. If you enjoy with this kid of monuments, dont forget to visit Santa Maria del Arco at Tricio 4 Km from Nájera. and a little far San Millán de Suso Abot 20 km from Nájera.

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwit1Z3bgpTQAhVYFMAKHd3ADaIQFgg-MAU&url=http://cienleguasalaredonda.blogspot.com/2016/09/por-donde-nacio-castilla-tierras-de-lara.html&usg=AFQjCNHQDAtBfGkOAqOzE1zkrASLDR-8EA&sig2=iveqv30E44ECscsjhBwPcQ&bvm=bv.137904068,d.d24

Wow, @navarro, I got so excited looking at your link:
Because that is exactly what I was wondering about when I began this thread!:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...of-company-are-you-up-for-an-adventure.40899/
After walking from Santo Domingo to Silos back to Burgos via Santa Maria de Lara, it looked like such a wonderful alternative way between Najera and Burgos that would take in more of this remarkable and very historic landscape.
And voila! There it is. Wonderful. It would be fantastic if you could (pretty please?) go over to that thread and give us a few of your impressions in English!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.