• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Visit or start in Pamplona

Marietjie

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2017
Are there any South Africans perhaps now, or will be soon visit or start in Pamplona?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My back pack with all my hiking equiptment plus my brand new hiking pole which I bought at the Caminoteca in Pamplona got lost in October after my hike. This is how it happened: a friend and I send our bags with the Correos from Santiago to Lisbon as we travel by bus and train from Santiago, through Portugal end station Lisbon, where stayed for another three days before our departure to South Africa. Our bags never arrived. Nobody took responsibility, phone calls, tracking etc. Nothing. I can make peace with almost all the stuff that I loose, but not with the hiking poles. I did my whole hike with those and to import them from Spain will be very costly. If there is anybody out there from South Africa who visit or will walk from Pamplona soon and need hiking poles, please speak to me! ? Maybe we can negotiate!

Are there any South Africans perhaps now, or will be soon visit or start in Pamplona?

Hi Maritjie, I am not going to Pamplona, but if nobody else can assist in the meantime, I will happily buy some and bring them back to South Africa in May for you, if somebody can help out by sourcing the exact same walking poles for sale in Madrid or León or Oviedo or Santiago or Vigo.

In a previous post you said they were Altus Bonsai poles, very light weight, blue and white. Is that correct?

Maybe somebody else here knows where they can be bought in one of the above cities.

Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Maritjie, I am not going to Pamplona, but if nobody else can assist in the meantime, I will happily buy some and bring them back to South Africa in May for you, if somebody can help out by sourcing the exact same walking poles for sale in Madrid or León or Oviedo or Santiago or Vigo.

In a previous post you said they were Altus Bonsai poles, very light weight, blue and white. Is that correct?

Maybe somebody else here knows where they can be bought in one of the above cities.

Jill

Good day Jill,

Thanks to hear from you again! Yes, I can still remember your helping hand. I just hoped for a miracle a bit earlier, because I am a regular hiker and do not want to buy any hiking poles, because I am in need. But yes, we will definetly make a plan if anything else fails!

Jill

Yes Jill,

That's correct and if I can remember, it was maid in Hungary, but I can find out from Anita from the Caminoteca shop.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Jill, where will your starting point be next year and when will it be?

Jill, where will your starting point be next year and when will it be?

I’m starting in Madrid on 23 March, walking the Camino de Madrid to Sahagún and León, then the Salvador to Oviedo, then the Primitivo to Santiago, then south (not sure how) via Vigo to Porto, where I fly back home on 9 May.
Jill

I’m starting in Madrid on 23 March, walking the Camino de Madrid to Sahagún and León, then the Salvador to Oviedo, then the Primitivo to Santiago, then south (not sure how) via Vigo to Porto, where I fly back home on 9 May.
Jill

Ok, that sounds good to me. Lets then wait till closer to the date and se what I can organise! Thanks anyway, I appreciate your kindness!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There must be somewhere in Madrid where I can buy these Altus Bonsai poles, does anyone know?
Jill

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back