Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Vlogs of the Camino del Norte; losing my way/finding my way

NadineK

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
As I sit tight, riding out this pandemic and longing, longing, longing to get back on a Camino, I've been putting together videos from my last walk in summer 2019. I did 10 days on the Camino Aragonés and 19 on the Norte (Irun to Oviedo) and took some footage along the way. I never intended to turn them into YouTube videos but, this pandemic is long, and I need something to remind me that all of that Camino beauty is there, waiting for me, whenever it is safe to return.

I've posted three parts to the Norte video series, and there should be at least three more to come (they're posted weekly, usually on Saturdays). Some of my footage is a little rough around the edges, and of course I wish I had taken more, but I think what comes together is something real: a slice of what it was like to walk- alone and with friends, sometimes lost and sometimes found, searching for coffee, searching for wine, searching for yellow arrows, always feeling free.

Wow, I miss it. I think many of you can relate. Here's the link to my Youtube Channel and the videos, I hope you enjoy them!

Buen Camino,
Nadine

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiYVkjL4gqcNxv8AaiOgVtQ

Norte Part One:

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

NualaOC

Veteran Member
A few and hopefully lots more. See signature.
Some of my footage is a little rough around the edges, and of course I wish I had taken more, but I think what comes together is something real: a slice of what it was like to walk- alone and with friends, sometimes lost and sometimes found, searching for coffee, searching for wine, searching for yellow arrows, always feeling free.
Beautifully put, Nadine - thanks for sharing your memories and sentiments.

I'm looking forward to watching your videos. The Norte is unfinished business for me - I've walked from Irun to Llanes and will hopefully complete it in 2022 (if other Camino temptations don't jump the queue!).

This waiting game is tough, but we're lucky to have these past experiences and the hope of future walks.

maruska89

Mary C.
Porto to SdC-Sept 2017
Camino Frances-Apr/May 2019
I just watched your first 2 vlogs and loved them. Your easy talking style and beautiful photos and the real day to day challenges are great to watch. Keep on vlogging. I'd watch them all right now but need to get something done as its morning here.

NadineK

Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
Beautifully put, Nadine - thanks for sharing your memories and sentiments.

I'm looking forward to watching your videos. The Norte is unfinished business for me - I've walked from Irun to Llanes and will hopefully complete it in 2022 (if other Camino temptations don't jump the queue!).

This waiting game is tough, but we're lucky to have these past experiences and the hope of future walks.
Thanks so much for your comment (and I know what you mean about other Camino routes jumping the queue!! My list seems to grow by the day). I was just editing videos of my stage that includes Llanes, and oh such stunning scenery! When you return- whenever that may be- there will be such gems waiting.

NadineK

Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
I just watched your first 2 vlogs and loved them. Your easy talking style and beautiful photos and the real day to day challenges are great to watch. Keep on vlogging. I'd watch them all right now but need to get something done as its morning here.
I'm so glad you enjoyed them! I've always loved taking photographs on my walks, and wasn't sure if I should include them in the videos but couldn't resist (and, well, some days there wasn't much footage so I needed the photos!). Thank you for the encouragement, I've always been more comfortable with the words and the photographs than the videos, but it's been such a fun process. More to come!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Geoff Shepherd

I’m the big fella on the left.
Camino Frances Sep-Oct 2018, Aug-Sep 2019. Planning May-June 2020.
As I sit tight, riding out this pandemic and longing, longing, longing to get back on a Camino, I've been putting together videos from my last walk in summer 2019. I did 10 days on the Camino Aragonés and 19 on the Norte (Irun to Oviedo) and took some footage along the way. I never intended to turn them into YouTube videos but, this pandemic is long, and I need something to remind me that all of that Camino beauty is there, waiting for me, whenever it is safe to return.

I've posted three parts to the Norte video series, and there should be at least three more to come (they're posted weekly, usually on Saturdays). Some of my footage is a little rough around the edges, and of course I wish I had taken more, but I think what comes together is something real: a slice of what it was like to walk- alone and with friends, sometimes lost and sometimes found, searching for coffee, searching for wine, searching for yellow arrows, always feeling free.

Wow, I miss it. I think many of you can relate. Here's the link to my Youtube Channel and the videos, I hope you enjoy them!

Buen Camino,
Nadine

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiYVkjL4gqcNxv8AaiOgVtQ

Norte Part One:
Well done @NadineK, very watchable. BZ and thanks to you. Your vlog has renewed my desire to do the del Norte rather than a 3rd Frances - whenever that may be. Good luck and Cooee.

NadineK

Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
Well done @NadineK, very watchable. BZ and thanks to you. Your vlog has renewed my desire to do the del Norte rather than a 3rd Frances - whenever that may be. Good luck and Cooee.
Thank you Geoff, I do hope you'll find yourself on the Norte (or, really, any Camino) sometime soon! Or at least when it's safe, which I do hope is sooner rather than later. The Norte is just a stunning walk. Not perfect- but what Camino is?- but truly stunning. It's been such a treat to revisit the walking through making these videos, and I'm so happy that others can enjoy them, too!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads