• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vodafone Tourist Sim - Reviews?

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
Has anyone recently used the Prepaid Vodafone Tourist Sim 60 min talk ( including international) + 1 Gb data -30days , @15euro

I have previously had a Hits Mobile which used the Vodafone network, the coverage was good incl data, but the sim expired and I can't be bothered with the hassle to buy online again, I saw this offer an I assume it's easy to get at any Vodafone outlet in Spain?image.jpg

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Has anyone recently used the Prepaid Vodafone Tourist Sim 60 min talk ( including international) + 1 Gb data -30days , @15euro

That's the package I used a few weeks ago. I thought the coverage was great. I bought my SIM at the airport in Madrid. The young man in the kiosk set it up for me. Easy peasy!

Ron

It is a good product, though the terms change constantly (almost always for the better). You can add time and data in stores and other businesses.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you , your comments have convinced me, I fly into Madrid and a couple of hrs to pass b4 my bus to Pamplona, just enough time to set up my phone.

That's the package I used a few weeks ago. I thought the coverage was great. I bought my SIM at the airport in Madrid. The young man in the kiosk set it up for me. Easy peasy!

Ron

Ron, which kiosk did you go to in the airport and was it in T4? Thanks.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ron, which kiosk did you go to in the airport and was it in T4? Thanks.
Hi Alyssa,

Yup, it was in T4. All I remember is that we turned right by the escalators just after we got our passports stamped (we didn't go down tbe escalator to get our luggage). The store was a Vodafone store on our right.
I hope that helps! :)

Ron

I'm using the other one. 1GB of data for three months. Also €15. Works great if you don't need voice.

Ron
Hi Ron ( or anyone else ) do you know if there is an Orange store at the Madrid airport? Thx. Ed

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is a Crystal Media electronics store in the terminal that sells Orange and Vodafone SIM cards, I would choose Vodafone, Orange has too many dead spots along the Camino.
http://www.crystalmedia.com/en/stores?id_store=2
Thank you very Much Bajaracer!!! This will work fine to get my wife a new sim and to re-load my existing sim/cell. Buen Camino and have a great day today. Ed

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Ron
I too am flying to Madrid and was hoping for a temporary cell phone. Mine is rather antiquated, but it can be unlocked for a sim. Did they also provide that service? or did yours not need to be unlocked? Thanks Maggie

Did they also provide that service? or did yours not need to be unlocked? Thanks Maggie
Hi Maggie,
Your phone needs to be unlocked by your cell service provider. Here in Canada they usually charge around $30.00.
Ask them if your phone is able to use European cellular systems. If you have an older phone it may not work.
Ron

Just read on and see that it's another cell phone company/service….
Hey Maggie, yes it one one of a few that are available in Spain. I used Orange last year and it seemed to work fine for me across the Camino. Others have used other ones and they swear by what they use. NO complaints with Orange with lots of places along the Camino to re-load minutes on it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Maggie,
Your phone needs to be unlocked by your cell service provider. Here in Canada they usually charge around $30.00.
Ask them if your phone is able to use European cellular systems. If you have an older phone it may not work.
Ron
I'll see what I can find out, then possibly just purchase a temporary cell phone (they have such a thing) if mine won't work in Europe . Thanks and Buen Camino

Does this sim work on the Portuguese for both Portugal and Spain or are separate ones needed for each country? Any ideas too on whether one can buy the Vodafone sim at Lisbon airport?
Thanks

Does this sim work on the Portuguese for both Portugal and Spain or are separate ones needed for each country? Any ideas too on whether one can buy the Vodafone sim at Lisbon airport?
Thanks

All EU phones work around Europe. You'll pay roaming if you cross a border. Voice roaming isn't very much and can be cheaper then some domestic plans. Data roaming is expensive. If you intend to use a lot of data best to get a local SIM.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'll see what I can find out, then possibly just purchase a temporary cell phone (they have such a thing) if mine won't work in Europe . Thanks and Buen Camino

You can pay a basic voice only phone for less then €30 usually. Smart phones start at above €50 but some times include offers of free time/data. So it can be cheaper to get the more expensive phone. But it depends on the offer

You can pay a basic voice only phone for less then €30 usually. Smart phones start at above €50 but some times include offers of free time/data. So it can be cheaper to get the more expensive phone. But it depends on the offer
I don't take photos with a cell phone (have an SLR), so I would have no data. Actually the phone would be for any emergency….Thanks

don't expect great coverage out on the Meseta. I live out there, and have had to change to Movistar to get a consistent signal.

I had a Digi Mobil SIM card. I believe they use the Movistar network.

I purchased the card in Pamplona so I can't speak for the areas before that, but the only place I recall not being able to get coverage was in Atapuerca.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.