• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Voice sound recording your trip

BonitaHolland

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting 3rd Sep 2016
How about doing something a little different, like taking a voice recorder or even better sound recording equipment. I recorded daily the various sounds, discussions, my thoughts along the Way of St James, I stopped injured at Leon intending to come back one day to continue. I had initially intended to keep a written Journal but decided to do something different to my ‘norm’. It’s 5 years later and I have finally downloaded the soundscape files and have been listening to the recordings this week of my footsteps, of cow bells, and of long forgotten chats with strangers…. I’m planning on returning to Leon in 2022 and listening to my recordings will I hope help me to knit my two Caminos together.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
How about doing something a little different, like taking a voice recorder or even better sound recording equipment. I recorded daily the various sounds, discussions, my thoughts along the Way of St James, I stopped injured at Leon intending to come back one day to continue. I had initially intended to keep a written Journal but decided to do something different to my ‘norm’. It’s 5 years later and I have finally downloaded the soundscape files and have been listening to the recordings this week of my footsteps, of cow bells, and of long forgotten chats with strangers…. I’m planning on returning to Leon in 2022 and listening to my recordings will I hope help me to knit my two Caminos together.
At first, I thought this was rather odd. But, after reading your explanation I thought, "This could be quite nice if combined with a presentation of photos rather than the typical video clips." Sounds by themselves might be your goal. Using your memories and imagination to provide the images could be quite nice and very personal. I'm kind of surprised I don't see any other replies.
Best wishes to you and your unique project!

At first, I thought this was rather odd. But, after reading your explanation I thought, "This could be quite nice if combined with a presentation of photos rather than the typical video clips." Sounds by themselves might be your goal. Using your memories and imagination to provide the images could be quite nice and very personal. I'm kind of surprised I don't see any other replies.
Best wishes to you and your unique project!
Ha ha I only posted this morning so very early days for replies I think. I’m interested in Soundscapes as these days we’re so obsessed with the visual image and history as represented by past images.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back