• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Voltaren cream ....is it worth it?

Dutchwalk53

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2015 with son #1, CF 2016 alone, CF 2017 with son #2 and husband , CF Sept 2018 with daughter
My podiatrist gave me Voltaren cream when I got my Cortisone injection last week for my Plantar Fasciitis. Who of you used Voltaren and how beneficial was it ? Did it work better then regular Ibuprofen?

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You really need to be discussing this with your doctor and pharmacist. None of us know your medical history and the rationale for the treatment regimes being suggested.
I agree 100 % with you and I will. My question was more what people's experience is with Voltaren .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Do you want our medical histories as well so you know why it was recommended? :rolleyes:
NOPE ! I rephrased my post....Just curious about Voltaren (versus Ibuprofen) that's all.

Last edited:
Here's my experience @Dutchwalk53. I developed debilitating tendinitis three weeks into my Camino. On the doctor's advice I rested for five days, and then continued. But I was really struggling and nearing despair, as I had no Plan B and going home at that point was not an option. A very kind peregrina offered me her prescription Voltarin meds (8% active ingredient, as I recall). Within two hours I noticed a difference and two days later I was completely pain free, and I was able to complete my Camino. Would I advise anyone to do as I did? No, I would not.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I bought Voltarin Forte again in Burgos this year. (My husband perma-borrorwed the tube I bought in 2014) I developed patellar tendonitis a day after I finished my planned partial camino in Astorga. I have a high pain tolerance but also need more than the generally prescribed amount of OTC pain meds to make a dent in any pain. I can't say the Voltarin Forte did anything that I can recall! Took me 2.5 weeks of RICE to be able to walk without a crutch. But of course YMMV.

My podiatrist gave me Voltaren cream when I got my Cortisone injection last week for my Plantar Fasciitis. Who of you used Voltaren and how beneficial was it ? Did it work better then regular Ibuprofen?

Hello, it worked great for me - much better than Ibuprofen. The gel could be applied directly to the ache and it worked to relieve both pain and swelling.

As you can tell we are all very hesitant to give any kind of medical advice to anyone for any reason. Your health is too important to gather advice from strangers. We strongly prefer each pilgrim to talk directly to a doctor and take their advice. They are the only ones in a position to know your condition. Given that your doctor has given you his recommendation you have two choices: follow it or get a second opinion. Would not hurt to relay your concerns to your doctor on your high blood pressure medication either.

Voltaren is the kind of product that you will know in a short time if it works or not.

I hope all works out for you. Plantar Fasciitis is a serious problem. When I had it I literally got tired of stretching my foot and then I stretched it some more. Thankfully it has never returned and I still stretch my foot.

You are not asking for medical advice, just other people's experiences. As a physician myself, I will give you mine: I used it last year for lower back pain and for foot pain and this year for some lower and upper back pain ( I took a much lighter pack, but my age refuses to go backwards) and it worked well for me, very well. I used Voltadol Forte which only requires an every 12 hour application. It is an easy to apply gel that does not have a strong unpleasant odor. The non steroidal anti inflammatory diclofenac is absorbed locally, so it is generally not advised to take another, or the same, anti inflammatory by mouth, in addition. I did not need to use it often this year and it avoids, for me, the irritation of the stomach lining. In fact, I will take several tubes of it home.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My experience is mixed. Am very allergic to Diclofenac tablets it being a NSAID but not to the Voltaren cream or ointment which is of the same family. So you see that we all react differently to meds.
Cream does wonders to me.
But yes better talk with your health practicioner.

I found the creams were not as effective as tablets. But that's just me. They should be better. ..as they treat the specific location.

As others have said, professional advice is essential.

I sought advice from my doctor before I left who was great. She explained the pros and cons of different meds and advised what would suit me best. What precautions to take etc.

She even gave me some super strength painkillers in case my injuries became severe (achilles tendonitis) and I needed to 'walk out' to get assistance.

It's interesting to hear how others coped with or prevented injuries with meds. But before we decide on our own plans of what to take, professional advice makes sense.

Example.

My wife walked with me this year suffering from plantar faciitis.

I discussed my meds regime for coping and she was dead against it. Hates taking meds for 'no reason'.

We discussed it with our doctor who agreed the plan was sound 'if required' and would not cause harm.

By the end of Camino day one she was on my pain prevention regime !

And like me, she learned to time our walking and breaks with the duration of the pain killing effect. We soon learnt how long our pain killers work to within 15-30 minutes.

When they wore off and it wasn't yet time for the next dose. ...we took a break....

Another lesson....

My wife learned another key health lesson on her first Camino last month... HYDRATION.

she never drinks enough water when away from a 'bathroom'. The idea of peeing behind a tree was not that attractive for some reason.

On day 2 I convinced her to drink more water. The effect? It reduced the plantar faciitis pain..... after that she was more than happy to 'pee in the woods'

I found the same result for achilles tendonitis. ... even mild dehydration increased the pain significantly.

Last edited:
The stuff sold in North America is 1 or 2% concentration and useless for me. The stuff sold in Spain is much stronger but still does nothing for me.

This being said I would not be able to the the Camino with the voltaren pills: 50mg rapid release at night followed by an ibuprofin in the morning.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You are not asking for medical advice, just other people's experiences.
Thank you. I indeed didn't mean to ask for medical advice , sorry if it sounded that way........just curious about experiences.
It's interesting to hear how others coped with or prevented injuries with meds
Thank you . I will certainly talk to my Podiatrist and Dr before I leave to discuss again. The one thing I will try for sure is drink more water.
Given that your doctor has given you his recommendation you have two choices: follow it or get a second opinion.
True and I will make some follow up calls/visits. Thank you.
I discussed my meds regime for coping and she was dead against it. Hates taking meds for 'no reason'.
That is how I normally am. Hence the question. As said, some follow up calls this week and who knows I may be fine without meds :)

Last edited:
NOPE ! I rephrased my post....Just curious about Voltaren (versus Ibuprofen) that's all.
I have used both Volteran gel and tablets. I prefer the tablets to ibuprofen as I have found them both easier on my stomach and faster acting. These are available OTC in Spain and cost less than €5 (tablets) They are widely available in all farmacias. Also you can get generic brand 'diclofenico', which is cheaper again.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Bought it once and used it for some lower back pain I had prior to my first camino. This along with five sessions of therapy. I found Volteran gel useless.

Instead I use over the counter muscle relaxation pills that work well, so well I rarely need to use them longer than one day

As for your specific issues I have no personal experience and can not offer any specific advice or experience

Last edited:
Tablets generally work better than the creams but be aware that ibuprofen and especially voltarol tablets can be hard on the stomach. They can also be addictive. All the other advice given here is relevant so I hope you can have a good Camino without pain. I'm sure she also gave you the relevant exercises to do to improve the situation.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I used Arnica which is a more natural form and found it most helpful.

This April, from 7 to about 24 April, when I pulled the plug on my effort to walk the Madrid Route, at Sarria, I had just purchased my FOURTH 60 gm tube of Voltaren. It enabled my ankles, knees and hips to manage three weeks, before the discomfort compelled me to call it a Camino at Sarria.

That said, I find it works better than other "sports" analgesic and anti-inflammatory creams or ointments. However, my experience is personal ,and as stated prodigiously above, you must consult your doctor.

Using Voltaren is convenient and popular across Spain and especially among peregrinos. In the US, Voltaren is only available by prescription. However, and as stated, it is over the counter at farmacias in Spain, and most of Europe.

I hope this helps.

From my personal experience, I used Voltadol Forte gel, recommended by a farmacist as better than voltaren. I applied in the morning and after completing walking for the day and found it useful and effective. I brought home 2 tubes! I liked that it was topical and thus did not affect the stomach and it relieved hip and lower back/glute area issues.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Make sure you don't double dose; i.e. take the tablets and use the gel at the same time this includes taking the higher powered 400mg Advil in combination with the gel.

Make sure you don't double dose; i.e. take the tablets and use the gel at the same time this includes taking the higher powered 400mg Advil in combination with the gel.
Thanks Don, I'm very careful with all drugs. I prefer not taking any if possible. Hopefully I will get by with a few Ibuprofen's now and then like I did last year :)

A little background on Arnica, a more natural version of Voltaren…

First Nations refer to Arnica as Mountain - refers to the flowers of Arnica montana or Arnica chamissonis, and preparations made from them. Found as creams, tinctures and other topical preparations, Arnica products are for external uses, including sore muscles, pain and inflammation. Arnica preparations are also used for sunburns, superficial burns and diaper rash. ESCOP cites additional uses for sprains, inflamed insect bites, gingivitis, and for topical relief of rheumtaic discomfort. Arnica is a staple topical remedy in homeopathy, and in that system of medicine is most commonly employed in creams and gels, primarily to relieve bruising and muscle pain. Arnica also enjoys some limited use in hair tonics and dandruff preparations. I wouldn't be without this when walking.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A little background on Arnica, a more natural version of Voltaren…

First Nations refer to Arnica as Mountain - refers to the flowers of Arnica montana or Arnica chamissonis, and preparations made from them. Found as creams, tinctures and other topical preparations, Arnica products are for external uses, including sore muscles, pain and inflammation. Arnica preparations are also used for sunburns, superficial burns and diaper rash. ESCOP cites additional uses for sprains, inflamed insect bites, gingivitis, and for topical relief of rheumtaic discomfort. Arnica is a staple topical remedy in homeopathy, and in that system of medicine is most commonly employed in creams and gels, primarily to relieve bruising and muscle pain. Arnica also enjoys some limited use in hair tonics and dandruff preparations. I wouldn't be without this when walking.
edit…sorry 'Mountain Tobacco'

You may want to ask people about the ibuprofen cream in Spain. It might be more useful to compare voltaren cream with ibuprofen cream and see if people found one better than the other. I brought home a small amount of ibuprofen cream from Spain and wish I had brought home a couple of tubes. We don't seem to have it in Canada. I was using the ibuprofen cream for a sore knee and IT band while walking the camino. I prefer it to the voltaren cream we can buy over the counter here.

For plantar fasciitis I bought a Strassburg Sock, and then made a second using duct tape and a tall sock. I was able to cure my plantar fasciitis before I walked the camino, but I don't remember how long it took.

- Both, diclofenac (Voltaren is just a commercial brand) and ibuprofen are NSAI with different chemical structures.

- Creams and gels have a fewer concentration of the active principle. That's because is more difficult to control the dose.

- NSAIs are metabolized inside the liver. No matter if they are taken by mouth, spread on the skin or even injected into vein. The benefit of cream and gel is that stomach doesn't suffer.

I use to find creams less effective than tablets but, since I have gastric reflux, I carry both with me, so I can let my stomach rest when I need to take it for more than 3-4 days.

- Both, diclofenac (Voltaren is just a commercial brand) and ibuprofen are NSAI with different chemical structures.

- Creams and gels have a fewer concentration of the active principle. That's because is more difficult to control the dose.

- NSAIs are metabolized inside the liver. No matter if they are taken by mouth, spread on the skin or even injected into vein. The benefit of cream and gel is that stomach doesn't suffer.

I use to find creams less effective than tablets but, since I have gastric reflux, I carry both with me, so I can let my stomach rest when I need to take it for more than 3-4 days.
You are correct Pabloke, diclofenac is sold as Voltaren which is actually an Ibuprofen gel. I still prefer Arnica cream which helped me much more than than any pill or Voltaren, but I was using it specifically for muscle and joint discomfort after a day's walk.

Diclofenac oral can have a lot of side effects - Google if you want to be scared.

I took them a few years ago for an industrial injusry related back problem. My doctor wanted me off them asap.

I didn't find the gel as effective though but value my stomach and liver!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Annette. Your comment confused me.
NSAIDs can be addictive??
I have heard of rebound issues such as using ibuprofen for migraines but addiction?
Can you explain or reference?
Nanc

You are correct Pabloke, diclofenac is sold as Voltaren which is actually an Ibuprofen gel. I still prefer Arnica cream which helped me much more than than any pill or Voltaren, but I was using it specifically for muscle and joint discomfort after a day's walk.

Actually, Voltaren is diclofenac, not ibuprofen. Diclofenac and ibuprofen are different drugs although both are NSAIs. Ibuprofen may be found as an ointment under different brands, aswell, but not under Voltaren brand.

On the other hand, at the end everything is chemical, whether natural or synthetic. May a good idea trying arnica if I find it.

Actually, Voltaren is diclofenac, not ibuprofen. Diclofenac and ibuprofen are different drugs although both are NSAIs. Ibuprofen may be found as an ointment under different brands, aswell, but not under Voltaren brand.

On the other hand, at the end everything is chemical, whether natural or synthetic. May a good idea trying arnica if I find it.
Thanks for the clarification. I was told by a Sports chiropractor that Voltaren was an Ibuprofen gel. I too had read some negative things about Ibuprofen, so opted for Arnica.

On the other hand, at the end everything is chemical, whether natural or synthetic.
What?
Don't say that!
You really reckon that Mendeleev bloke was on to something then?
It's a joke right? You're winding me up.
Next thing you'll be trying to convince me Charlie Darwin was on the right track.
I think you're getting carried away.

Regards
Gerard

You really need to be discussing this with your doctor and pharmacist. None of us know your medical history and the rationale for the treatment regimes being suggested.

Good answer, Doug. :)

Hello, it worked great for me - much better than Ibuprofen. The gel could be applied directly to the ache and it worked to relieve both pain and swelling.

As you can tell we are all very hesitant to give any kind of medical advice to anyone for any reason. Your health is too important to gather advice from strangers. We strongly prefer each pilgrim to talk directly to a doctor and take their advice. They are the only ones in a position to know your condition. Given that your doctor has given you his recommendation you have two choices: follow it or get a second opinion. Would not hurt to relay your concerns to your doctor on your high blood pressure medication either.

Voltaren is the kind of product that you will know in a short time if it works or not.

I hope all works out for you. Plantar Fasciitis is a serious problem. When I had it I literally got tired of stretching my foot and then I stretched it some more. Thankfully it has never returned and I still stretch my foot.

Talking to a pharmacist is also an option for advice on medications. He or she can discuss with you the pros and cons of any medication. You should take meds on the advice of your MD, nurse practitioner and can ask advice from a pharmacist, and if you have questions (even about Voltarin) asking these professionals is fine. They like people to know they welcome questions (so the pharmacists I've talked to have told me). Taking advice about pharmaceuticals without the other person knowing your medical history is dangerous, even for NSAIDS; these can have (sometimes serious) health risks for some people.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2009/1215/p1371.html

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Talking to a pharmacist is also an option for advice on medications. He or she can discuss with you the pros and cons of any medication. You should take meds on the advice of your MD, nurse practitioner and can ask advice from a pharmacist, and if you have questions (even about Voltarin) asking these professionals is fine. They like people to know they welcome questions (so the pharmacists I've talked to have told me). Taking advice about pharmaceuticals without the other person knowing your medical history is dangerous, even for NSAIDS; these can have (sometimes serious) health risks for some people.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2009/1215/p1371.html
Thank you. And I thank everybody else for their input . As I have written several times, I will talk to my Dr's, again, this week to get more clarity on all and what is the best for me. I'm just someone that hardly ever takes meds unless I can't avoid it. So it goes without saying that I would never take any drugs solely based on advise from people that don't know me or my history. I will admit, I initially phrased my post incorrect but then rephrased it. All I was asking in my rephrased post is what people's experience was in regard to Voltaren versus Ibuprofen , simply because it seems many of us do take some form of meds for pain relief during the Camino . I also am aware that everybody is different and will respond different to meds. What works for one may not not work for someone else. But as Robo said in an earlier response:
"It's interesting to hear how others coped with or prevented injuries with meds. But before we decide on our own plans of what to take, professional advice makes sense."
That's all :)

Last edited:
Thank you. And I thank everybody else for their input . As I have written several times, I will talk to my Dr's, again, this week to get more clarity on all and what is the best for me. I'm just someone that hardly ever takes meds unless I can't avoid it. So it goes without saying that I would never take any drugs solely based on advise from people that don't know me or my history. I will admit, I initially phrased my post incorrect but then rephrased it. All I was asking in my rephrased post is what people's experience was in regard to Voltaren versus Ibuprofen , simply because it seems many of us do take some form of meds for pain relief during the Camino . I also am aware that everybody is different and will respond different to meds. What works for one may not not work for someone else. But as Robo said in an earlier response:
"It's interesting to hear how others coped with or prevented injuries with meds. But before we decide on our own plans of what to take, professional advice makes sense."
That's all :)

Exactly! :D;):)

Next thing you'll be trying to convince me Charlie Darwin was on the right track.

Regards
Gerard

163598857_3e26cc5a87.jpg

The right track is always the one we like.

;)

I too have Plantar Fascitis and have had it for a long time. All I can say is, without Voltaren I truly believe I would not be a happy pilgrim:D

I too have Plantar Fascitis and have had it for a long time. All I can say is, without Voltaren I truly believe I would not be a happy pilgrim:D
So glad it's helping John, I have a good friend with this condition and she has suffered so much with it. Nothing seems to have helped and believe me, she's tried them all. The doctor says the only thing now is resting it. Very difficult for someone so active.

Here's my experience @Dutchwalk53. I developed debilitating tendinitis three weeks into my Camino. On the doctor's advice I rested for five days, and then continued. But I was really struggling and nearing despair, as I had no Plan B and going home at that point was not an option. A very kind peregrina offered me her prescription Voltarin meds (8% active ingredient, as I recall). Within two hours I noticed a difference and two days later I was completely pain free, and I was able to complete my Camino. Would I advise anyone to do as I did? No, I would not.
In Spain what you call Voltarin is called Voltadol.

€46,-
Voltaren was very helpful. (and still is) - prefer creme to oral meds.
in a farmacia in Caldo di Reis i was recommended FISIOCREM - apparently containing more natural ingredients. Also liked that one a lot. helpful and soothing.
And I also use Arnica montana - creme and homeopathic dosage/pellets.

can't handle cortison and such 'big cannons' , so i have to find other options... luckily there are.

Buen camino. and of course - do take it easy the first several days/week.

I've never used Voltaren, but when I fell in France last year the pharmacienne gave me Arnigel and Arnicalm for a cracked rib and a big bone bruise on my arm, and I have to say the effect was darned near miraculous. I could never have continued walking without it. Sadly, it did nothing for my (at the time undiagnosed) broken foot.

So yeah, Arnica is amazing stuff, but not the Arnica preparations you can purchase in the US, which have very little arnica in them.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Voltaren was very helpful. (and still is) - prefer creme to oral meds.
in a farmacia in Caldo di Reis i was recommended FISIOCREM - apparently containing more natural ingredients. Also liked that one a lot. helpful and soothing.
And I also use Arnica montana - creme and homeopathic dosage/pellets.

can't handle cortison and such 'big cannons' , so i have to find other options... luckily there are.

Buen camino. and of course - do take it easy the first several days/week.
Fisiocrem Solugel is very popular with physios here in Australia. Mine prefers it to Voltaron and any other NSAIDs if it will work for you.

And @movinmaggie it contains arnica, a herb that the old timers (me included) have been using effectively on animals forever.

All medication - herbal or not - does have other effects and should always be used under medical or practitioner review. Ibuprofen will soon be carrying some serious FDA health warnings on the packaging due to the risk of stroke and/or heart attack even after only a few weeks use.

In Spain you can get both Voltaren and Ibuprofen topical gels. They are both NSAIDs - non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Ibuprofen gel is not available in the States. Just as with oral drugs, different people will have different results. Voltaren gel in the States requires an Rx and is very expensive - in Spain both are available without an Rx and inexpensive. My wife was given some Voltaren but didn't feel it helped. The ibuprofen gel on the other hand worked very well for her. In fact she brought home a half dozen tubes since as pharmacists we knew it was not available here. The drug is absorbed thru the skin and bypasses the stomach thus avoiding upset stomach. Just as with the oral NSAIDs you should not combine with other NSAIDs - stick with one only or neither may work.

I used Arnica which is a more natural form and found it most helpful.

Like many natural things, arnica contains a toxin that, at very high doses can cause gastrointestinal problems. The plant itself can cause skin irritation. However, in a homeopathic formulation, there are no side effects because there is no active ingredient at all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Icacos, The kind perigrina... Was her name Jaqueline from Quebec?

I have used the Voltaren gel on my right knee both Caminos. Apply in the morning and by the time I'm walking in earnest there's no pain. If you take other prescriptions make sure you tell the pharmacist due to potential drug interaction problems. In the US it's prescription only. I also used a small amount on my shoulders and that removed any soreness I had from my pack.

On a separate but related topic: The one thing I have never seen anyone mention on the forum is at the end of the day's hike, put your feet up over your head! Ideally on a headboard, a wall, or whatever you can find. Do this for 30 minutes or so and stretch your feet and legs at the same time. This is a wonderful thing to do for your feet and lower legs and you'll notice a difference. The one day last year I didn't do it I paid for it, but it was the day I reached Santiago so I was a little distracted!

....The kind perigrina... Was her name Jaqueline from Quebec?
I didn't get the name of my kind peregrina, but I know she and her husband were from Alberta. My companions and I met them when we stopped for breakfast the day I resumed my Camino after my doctor-advised-five-day-rest; they could see I was struggling. Two days later, my companions and I stopped at a bar and there they were again at a nearby table. They said they had been watching out for us, and my peregrina gave me some of her Voltaren gel. A Camino angel. :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My daughter in California advised me that the highest concentration that she can get there by prescription is 3%. In Canada I have been able to obtain a 10% prescription through my doctor which I used with good success on an achilles injury last year on the Le Puy route. I will carry it again this year for use as required. Everyone reacts differently. Thankfully it worked for me!

I
It did miracles for my shin splints

€83,-
Is there a story about Jaqueline from Quebec?
The story goes that
Is there a story about Jaqueline from Quebec?
Jaqueline is my beloved sister, a veterant of many camino, she met a lady from BC who called her a camino Angel because she gifted her some Voltaren cream. I thought it would have been a great coincidence if it was you. I will be on my first Camino this coming Sept. I booked Hostel Beilari in SJPP for the 4th and 5th to recuperate (coming from Quadra Island) and the 5th is booked at Orisson! Normaly I would not be so "cautious" and plan ahead but I truly want to chill and smell the roses and get my groundings so to speak on arrival, after that I am totally trusting...
I am still very new posting on this amazing forum and I think I might be "hijicking"?

Jaqueline is my beloved sister, a veterant of many camino, she met a lady from BC who called her a camino Angel because she gifted her some Voltaren cream. I thought it would have been a great coincidence if it was you. I will be on my first Camino this coming Sept. I booked Hostel Beilari in SJPP for the 4th and 5th to recuperate (coming from Quadra Island) and the 5th is booked at Orisson! Normaly I would not be so "cautious" and plan ahead but I truly want to chill and smell the roses and get my groundings so to speak on arrival, after that I am totally trusting...
I am still very new posting on this amazing forum and I think I might be "hijicking"?
That lady from BC may yet show up on the forum. :)

In the meantime, based on my experience, the prescription Voltaren available in Canada seems to be very effective (see also @High Endeavours post above). It had already crossed my mind, for my next Camino, to ask my doctor if I could get a prescription for it on the off chance that I may need it. Happy planning, and training, for your September Camino. :)

Someone on the Camino recommended Voltran to me and my husband. It was like magic. I put some on my sore calfs and was able to sleep at night. It was almost scary how well it worked, so we used it lightly. I hope it works for you. We brought home several tubes.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.