• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Volunteering opportunities over the next few weeks / months?

Pierre Julian

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Ingles, VdP, San Salvador, Aragonese & Northern. Sections of Portuguese & Mozarabic.
Hello, can anyone please point me in the direction of any people / organisations / albergues / associations which might need some volunteer help?

I'm hoping to get to Spain over the next few weeks and do some walking, but also want to spend time somewhere that I can practise Spanish as much as possible. This is mainly because I'm moving to Spain to work later in the year.

I was thinking that in these difficult times, there might be some opportunities for me to give back to the Camino and its people, while getting the chance to immerse myself in the Spanish language.

I've had both Covid vaccinations, I'm a hard worker and willing to do most things, my work has been in the area of psychology and mental health in universities, hospitals and London homeless population, but I'm also a Celta qualified language teacher, and can provide any references if needed.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, please feel free to message me privately. Thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello, can anyone please point me in the direction of any people / organisations / albergues / associations which might need some volunteer help?

I'm hoping to get to Spain over the next few weeks and do some walking, but also want to spend time somewhere that I can practise Spanish as much as possible. This is mainly because I'm moving to Spain to work later in the year.

I was thinking that in these difficult times, there might be some opportunities for me to give back to the Camino and its people, while getting the chance to immerse myself in the Spanish language.

I've had both Covid vaccinations, I'm a hard worker and willing to do most things, my work has been in the area of psychology and mental health in universities, hospitals and London homeless population, but I'm also a Celta qualified language teacher, and can provide any references if needed.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, please feel free to message me privately. Thanks.
I would reach out to @Rebekah Scott
She lives on the Camino and is associated with volunteer organizations.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Many thanks both of you for your time in replying, I'll follow those up.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.