• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HosVol Volunteers now staffing albergue in Alcanadre on the Camino del Ebro

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025
I just got the latest edition of our HosVol Bolitin newsletter and it says that HosVol volunteers will now be staffing the albergue in Alcanadre on the Camino del Ebro. If you have stayed here, can you post some photos please?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have walked this route and wondered why I had never heard of the town. But then I remembered that when I got to Gallur (about 20 beyond Zaragoza), I turned right and walked the Castellano-Aragonés.

Your post piqued my curiosity, and now, just what I need, Zaragoza to Logroño is on my list. 😁

I spent just a few hours in Calahorra years ago as a tourist, and have thought it would be a nice place to spend a few more. And looking at gronze, I see that this route also has a stage to Tudela, another nice place. Thanks, @J Willhaus!

I’m staying in the Alcanadre albergue tonight. Clean. Modern. I think there may be a back garden. The frig and cupboards are well stocked with food, which is especially nice as the store is closed Sunday afternoon. Lovely hot shower. 2 space heaters to move from room to room. People in town very friendly. Hope the photos get inserted - I’ve never tried photo attachments before. To come across this wonder of an albergue unexpectedly has been perfect today. I am number 7 in the registration book for 2024. And - no resident Hospitalero right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.