• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vueling Airline

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I booked to fly Vueling from Barcelona to A Coruña on 21st Sept but it was cancelled due to industrial action by ground staff. Vuelling gave me warning and offered to change my flight. I made alternative arrangements and when I had confirmation that my Vuelling flight waa definitely cancelled I was able to claim a refund.
I believe this industrial action was part of an ongoing dispute.

A friend I met on Camino Inglés was due to fly with Vueling from Paris to A Coruña and her flight was also cancelled. So she took a bus all the way from Paris.

I chose to fly to Porto. There are good connections with buses from the airport (or Porto) direct to A Coruña.

It might well be the dispute is resolved long before you fly. I've previously used Vueling and they've been fine.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. I’ve decided, due to illness this year that I’m no longer putting off, anything, and that includes the Camino Ingles! I’m now thinking that I’ll go for end May/June 2020, as soon as those flights are released I’ll be ready to book!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We flew with Vueling from A Coruna to Heathrow, and had only 1 grumble - the flight was delayed by 2.5 hours, and we arrived too late (11.30pm) for our rail connection and had to stay in a hotel. They don't compensate for delays under 3 hours, and with meals, rail ticket and hotel, we were £300 down. Next time I will get a flexible return train ticket and an earlier flight leaving time to absorb any delays. We live. We learn. 🙄🤞😊

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. I’ve decided, due to illness this year that I’m no longer putting off, anything, and that includes the Camino Ingles! I’m now thinking that I’ll go for end May/June 2020, as soon as those flights are released I’ll be ready to book!
Enjoy the Inglés, I walked it this past June 1-6.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I flew back from a Coruna with Vueling in September. A pleasant flight, departed on time and no issues with my back pack going in the hold.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Did Barcelona-Porto and Santiago-Barcelona with Vueling, no issues at all. Awesome price, very no frills (don't expect anything, not even water).
Would easily fly again.

.... but 3/10 customer reviews .... I am not certain about review sites .. do people who complain post more reviews?
https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/vueling-airlines/
@David, I think of this as the utilities company dilemma. If you turn on the light switch, and the light goes on, you don't think of ringing your local electricity provider to thank them for the service. And when you go to the bathroom and turn on a tap, and water emerges, you aren't going to ring the water company either. But should either of these things not happen, you will be quick to complain. Airlines are no longer seen as special - air travel has become so commonplace that they may be seen in a similar light - providing a utility transport service. So in this case, any perceived shortfall in the service is much more likely to attract an adverse comment than will good service.

I flew Brussel - Santiago and back this year, no problems 👍
@ Janet Tinnion : you can book now 😉
My flight home from Santiago is already booked for the 25th June 2020...low fares now.
Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I flew with Vueling a number of times. Only good experiences (however, good experiences in the past in no way present a guarantee for the future).

I has a very nice experience with them in 2016. I flew from Holland to Barcelona using a major airline, to get a connecting flight with Vueling to Irun (Camino del Norte). I only carried my backpack as cabin luggage. I knew that it wouldn't be a problem with the major airline, but I was also well aware of the fact that that lowcost airlines have this frame where your cabin luggage must fit into. Otherwise you have to pay an extra fee, often more than the price of the ticket. But I had decided to take my chances.

At the airport of Barcelona there was this harsh looking lady from Vueling (who turned out to be very nice in the end!). She looked at my backpack and said: "I don't think your backpack will fit into the frame". Of course she was right. It wouldn't. I said: "I couldn't possibly walk the Camino del Norte with a smaller backpack." She started smiling and said: "Peregrino? Then it's OK".

I thanked her from the bottom of my heart. So, when it comes to Vueling, I'm a bit prejudiced (a similar experience with Ryanair left me with a different outcome...).

Hi, does anyone have any experience of flying Vueling? Good, bad or indifferent. I’m looking to fly LHR/A Coruna next March/April. Thanks.

Perfectly reliable no-frills operator.

Many reliability issues are caused by ground handling and airport operators, the airlines are often the innocent parties. Except Ryanair, of course, who are the spawn of the devil.

I've flown fueling to/from the Camino, to/from Morocco, and several flights to/from Rome and Dubrovnik. I always take their “mid-range” package that includes a checked bag and assigned seat. The staff know they are no frills and don't have much to offer in service, but are very professional and I’ve been moved up to an empty seat in the front row when a flight attendant saw I was a pilgrim and given a complimentary beverage. Safety record is great, flights on-time (except where outside their control), and heaps more pleasant than Ryanair, IMO.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, does anyone have any experience of flying Vueling? Good, bad or indifferent. I’m looking to fly LHR/A Coruna next March/April. Thanks.
Not personal experience, but a friend has just had her flight cost refunded as Vueling changed the time and it did not suit her. No arguments they just did it.

I flew Vueling from Nice to Barcelona in August 2018 connecting on to Manchester. I did buy an upgrade as I had a suitcase and wanted the reassurance of an assigned seat. Unfortunately, the departure from Nice was delayed by almost 2 hours leaving me with 30 minutes to make my connection which, I discovered, was literally the last gate at the other end of the airport. My quibble was there was no Vueling representative to help speed or even direct me through to my connection. I had to find my own way - which included a security checkpoint as the connection was to the UK. Other people kindly let me go ahead, and, I ran with my backpack and got to the gate as the last passengers were boarding.
As a budget airline, the plane was fine - except for the chewing gum stuck on the tray and in the magazine pocket. And, for a short haul with no connection, I would fly them again.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A decent no-frills airline. I have flown with them several times. No problems on any of my flights. And A Coruña airport is small and very user-friendly.

My personal and quite frequent experience is that Vueling is not very punctual, though if punctuality is not that important, and for instance you do not have a connecting flight, Vueling will deliver you to your destination.

I used then for my flights to and from A Coruña this year, no issues, no frills and pleasant crew.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Had never flown them before, but I did (2 times) this past September. They are a "no frills" I guess budget airline. Paris/Barcelona and Barcelona/Munich.
Both were very good experience. Check in staff were very courteous. They do have restrictions on bags (including carry on) which are smaller/less than most other airlines. As a light traveller this did not bother me. My Barcelona/Munich flight was cancelled because of ground crew (BCN El Pratt) on strike. But they warned me a few days ahead and offered alternate flights which I accepted. It did cut three days off my Oktoberfest plans though, but I did not mind; hey,I was in Barcelona and having fun!

Last week I flew with them from SdC to Barcelona and on to Bologna and they were on time and everything was good.
I fly with them again next week Rome to Split. I will come back to you if it’s a different experience

Yes, I flew A Coruna to LHR at the start of October. They were great. The check in guy was most helpful sorting my API and getting me an exit aisle seat for my 6' 5" frame. Our flight was delayed an hour becos of weather conditions in London and they gave us updates every fifteen minutes at the gate.
Id have no reservations about flying with them again.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just got back from a European trip, which I booked on the American Airlines website. Our first leg coming home was on Vueling. I had assumed that since I booked the flight on AA directly, that Vueling was a partner airline with AA. Turns out I was wrong — so miles don’t count, your status doesn’t count, no lounges available, etc. The flight itself was fine, and I was surprised that the leg room was much better than on the Iberia flights I’ve been on recently, but one of our bags has gone missing, and the AA person in Chicago told me the bag tag was never scanned into the system so I think it is unlikely to be found.

I am really surprised that American’s own website would book you on an airline that is not a partner, and if I had known that I never would have taken this flight. Time to make some noise with AA’s customer service department. :)

But if these issues aren’t an issue for you, I would say Vueling was fine.

Not personal experience, but a friend has just had her flight cost refunded as Vueling changed the time and it did not suit her. No arguments they just did it.
That was a miracle, trying to get my refund from last March. GJLPNH

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I flew with them from A Coruña to the UK and return. They were fine. The only unexpected problem wasn't with them but I would have appreciated a heads up from them about it!

When I flew back into A Coruña it was very early morning, about 1-2am I think. I found that there was no public transport from the airport into A Coruña, not even a taxi!

Fortunately I had asked the Spanish couple sitting next to me on the plane about the best way to get into town and they warned me that there was no public transport. When they saw me wandering around looking lost after collecting my luggage they offered to squeeze me into their son's small car who had come to pick them up.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back