• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Wait time to receive QR code

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: July 2021, April 2023, May 2024
For those who received your QR code to enter Spain, how long did it take you to receive your code after submitting answers to the final questions? I did so yesterday but haven’t received the code and leave tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
i have just filled the Spanish travel app, and recieved an email with QR code immedeatly, and the code is in the app as well.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In google play it is called SpTH (spain travel health)

Thank you! Which app did you use?

Thanks so much. I got my code!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I believe it would have to do with locating you via the questionnaire in the event someone on your flight turns out to be positive for Covid

Symptomatic upon arrival ???

Or later found to be positive within 14 days

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey, from what Ive read,

Spain requires one of the following when applying for the QR code.

1. Fully Vaccinated more then 14 days ago

2. Negative Test within 48 hours of travelling

3 Proof you've recovered from covid.

Kieran

But how will they ever know if someone on my flight has tested positive if there is no mandatory testing or quarantining or anything else?
Good question! But it seems prudent to leave the QR system in place. Initially entrance into Spain required QR code and testing for everyone, Then,QR code testing or vaccination. None of that seems rather relevant right now .

But at least having the QR code they will give the Government a computerized data base of how to contact you by email should conditions take a negative turn. I think QR codes are here to stay?!

Good question! But it seems prudent to leave the QR system in place. Initially entrance into Spain required QR code and testing for everyone, Then,QR code testing or vaccination. None of that seems rather relevant right now .

But at least having the QR code they will give the Government a computerized data base of how to contact you by email should conditions take a negative turn. I think QR codes are here to stay?!
I used the Spain health app, filled in my form to get the QR code but never received it. That was 5 days ago . Any idea what went wrong? Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Any idea what went wrong? Thanks

Go back into the site and attempt to re do the application. If it has already been completed the site will automatically notify you that your application has been done. If this is the case go back into your deleted or old mail boxes on your computer and pull up the original attempt. The QR code should be there.
If the site allows you to complete the application (Like you tried the first time) this will indicate that you didnot complete the first application or you may have accidentally deleted it prior to completion.
I am no computer whiz (Not even close) and I was able to complete it. So, anyone with just a little bit of computer savy should be able to do it.

Good luck !

I used the Spain health app, filled in my form to get the QR code but never received it. That was 5 days ago . Any idea what went wrong? Thanks
I am unable to complete my form until 48 hours before I land in Spain. You could complete the form that far in advance?

Go back into the site and attempt to re do the application. If it has already been completed the site will automatically notify you that your application has been done. If this is the case go back into your deleted or old mail boxes on your computer and pull up the original attempt. The QR code should be there.
If the site allows you to complete the application (Like you tried the first time) this will indicate that you didnot complete the first application or you may have accidentally deleted it prior to completion.
I am no computer whiz (Not even close) and I was able to complete it. So, anyone with just a little bit of computer savy should be able to do it.

Good luck !
Thank you so much! I will try again!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Airline requires an Antigen test within 72 hours to board the plane.
I’m going to close this thread because much of the information posted here is out of date. Spain‘s policy has changed and you should check government sources for the most recent information.

I am not trying to discourage discussion and questions about this topic, just want to close the threads that no longer describe current requirements.

From a US embassy site, updated on July 9.

Effective June 24, 2021, U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal, obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age.

There is no requirement to bring proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test if you are traveling from the United States to Spain. However, this may change with short notice, so be sure to review this information as close as possible to your travel date.

This applies to U.S. citizens travelling to Spain from the United States, including if they transit through a third country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back