• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Waiting for the euphoria

Seabird

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April/May (2016), starting in St. Palais, France
To all you experienced perigrinos. Was there a point at which you transitioned from physical and mental fatigue to Euphoria while on your Camino? I am enjoying every minute, and I'm having relatively few problems (no blisters, but have developed the early stages of a shin splint in one leg.) After 13 days of walking, I decided I needed a rest and a private room to catch up on sleep.

So, just wondering if there is a transition point you experienced -- when did you decide you would do this all over again? Can't wait to get there!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It wasn't a light switch for me. By the mesetta, I still had fatigue, but was also euphoric. I don't want to make too much of that experience, as it was gentle, even subtle, and NOT the reason I am walking again. Euphoria is ephemeral and mostly a byproduct of brain chemisty. Things of the soul run deeper than that.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
On every camino there are stretches which seem to be in another world. Past are the hoards of camera-clicking tourists and/or pilgrims as well as any urbane atmosphere with a bar at every corner. All is reduced to simple basics; I am alone on a seemingly endless gravel path beneath the vast dome of an immense sky. The only sound is the companionable crunch of my boots and perhaps distant birdsong.

Happily for me while tramping along and alone I often sense that special moment when everything 'clicks' realizing that this is, indeed, MY way and that all is and will be good. ...Perhaps such secular transcendence felt while walking might be akin to what runners call 'the zone'. Your body can handle the task while your spirit glows with the effort. Neither easy, nor impossible; all simply is. ...Thus, thankfully you continue.

Hello Seabird, you made me laugh when I read your post. I think I could relate so well to your current state of mind that I understood exactly what you were saying. There is a point of transition, but it is not from the physical demands of the Way to euphoria, but rather to an appreciation of the moment. It is to relish the early morning quiet when you find yourself on the trail; it is getting to see the sun rise while not noticing your pack, and eating a good meal after having an extra long day.

There is also a point where your body is "in shape"; it has acclimated to the demands of walking daily. You should be there very soon if you are not already - it all depends on your condition before you took your first step on the Way.

We have all been there. Remember the old saying about taking the time to smell the roses? It is a little bit like that; the focus becomes on living in the moment and your perspective is to look for the beauty in life. Another way of saying it is like Paul of old, "Finally, brothers, let your minds be filled with everything that is true, everything that is honourable, everything that is upright and pure, everything that we love and admire -- with whatever is good and praiseworthy." That counsel puts us in the frame of mind to seek after, to notice, to be attracted to the beauty that surrounds us.

It makes me think of the old joke where a young boy's birthday had arrived. More than anything in the world he wanted a pony of his own. His errant, unloving parents were going to play a terrible joke on him so they filled a room with horse manure. The parents led the boy to the room filled with their poor joke. As they opened the door the little boy went crazy happy jumping and digging in the manure. The parents were astonished. They asked him, "What is wrong with you?" His reply was simple, "With all this manure in here there must be a pony somewhere."

You are doing great, the regimen is set and the cares of the world are falling away. Now, forget about everything else and listen with your heart and see the beauty that is the Way.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
To all you experienced perigrinos. Was there a point at which you transitioned from physical and mental fatigue to Euphoria while on your Camino? I am enjoying every minute, and I'm having relatively few problems (no blisters, but have developed the early stages of a shin splint in one leg.) After 13 days of walking, I decided I needed a rest and a private room to catch up on sleep.

So, just wondering if there is a transition point you experienced -- when did you decide you would do this all over again? Can't wait to get there!

I walked the Camino Frances with my adult son in March/April, 2015. Although there were some deeply transformative experiences along the way, I never experienced a continuous euphoria on the walk. I had some beautiful days and some very hard days all the way to Santiago. After getting home I've experienced a mix of feelings that are difficult to describe for the year following: deep gratitude, spontaneous tears, joy, and an overall sense that there is nothing to be afraid of ever again. I'll be 72 next month and am planning a walk for May/June, 2017 with my wife and daughter. Buen Camino!

Can't see the forest through the tree's....
or, just past splat.

A man comes to a crossroads and sees a wise man sitting there. He asks the wise man to tell him the way to success.

The Guru points down one road. He thanks him and skips off merrily down the road.

But he gets just round the first corner… SPLAT!

The man comes back limping and visibly shaken up.

He asks the Guru again to tell him the road to success.

And again the Guru points down the same road.

With trepidation the man limps down that road.

And then… SPLAT!

He drags himself back with bruises and a bleeding lip

This time he is pretty upset and asks the wise man “please, no more messing around – please just tell me the road to success and this time please talk”

The Guru points down the same road and replies “Success is that way, it’s just past the SPLAT”

From personal experience, I can say;
-don't look for true love, be worthy of it and it will find you
-don't seek the answers, seek the wisdom
-don't try to capture the wind, let it caress your face

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Treasured answers, every one of them. I've sung many a hymn, said many a prayer on this journey so far. So I know I am pushing past the "splat" (thanks @Americanperegrino). But it's helpful to hear from everyone...... no one knows like you do what's is like to feel tired and alone.

muchas gracias.

... Was there a point at which you transitioned from physical and mental fatigue to Euphoria while on your Camino? I am enjoying every minute, ... So, just wondering if there is a transition point you experienced -- when did you decide you would do this all over again? Can't wait to get there!

I think, if you look closely at your own post you find your own answer - you are enjoying every minute - What else do you ask for?

Buen Camino de la vida - Our whole life is a pilgrimage, SY

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I loved every minute too (including sore feet and all) .....but honestly didn't understand why people would do it again...and again. Until...............2 weeks after I got back. I couldn't get the Camino out of my mind. I thought about it every day. Yes I got the "Camino Blues" :) So off I go again in 6 weeks :) Enjoy your days out there !!!!

Last edited:
Euf... what? Clearly the recent thread "Are we making it too easy" needs to be turned into "Are we fooling people?" :eek:

I have never felt euphoria, nor expected it or wanted to. It's a walk, a long walk. That's it, that's all.

You may come upon people with whom you click. Or not. You may have glorious weather that makes you think life is grand and can be effortless, especially when you forget about the :(:(:(:(:(:(:( of work life to build the pension fund that allows you to walk now.

It's one step, often painful step, at a time, it's up to you to notice the birds, the budding trees, the frogs in streams, to show more empathy than ever before. But euphoria? Nope, never, always a physical struggle, but the only way I know to leave behind stress, work, taxes, what have you. But even that fools you because you will have to go back to taxes and work.

The more I walk the deeper I have to dig. The harder I dig, the better I feel. The more I challenge myself the more I want to come back. But an hour after leaving in the morning until I hot the shower I struggle. "It does me good" ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never felt euphoria, nor expected it or wanted to. It's a walk, a long walk. That's it, that's all.
It probably depends on one's definition and expectation. I think Margaret's description of the runner's "zone" is closest to my experience. I know what a mild endorphin release feels like from sports, and I fairly regularly had that experience once I had strengthened up and pushed past the worst of the early aches and pains. Though perhaps I was merely flirting with Falcon's stroke . . .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Long treks/walks for me have always been a form of meditation. A chance to lose mySelf and find myself somewhere along the Way.

I am one of those strange creatures who isn't unduly affected by the physical trials and tribulations of long walks. Not that I enjoy pain - or endure it - more that it is becomes an inner tempering process.

Somewhere along my Way I do transition. It may be in the first few days, on a particularly steep ascent/descent or within sight of the end destination. It's not euphoria, more of an inward expansion. All of a sudden I turn a corner on the trail and I can feel the change. I've known it as common with mountaineers - an awesome inner spaciousness and calm. The small daily troubles drop away and stressors come into a different and distant perspective.

As I have grown older, these changes stay with me now and assimilate into my Being and Doing. In my younger days they would fade as the day to day busyness took hold.

Now I walk because I love the experience, not because I am chasing it anymore.

You say that you are enjoying every minute. I think that you have already arrived. Rest up, take care of those legs and walk on!

As for returning to the Camino... I rarely revisit a journey but there is something about the Camino that endures beyond the walking. The only place I have trekked twice has been Everest but the second time was to touch the other side of the mountain. I believe that it will be the same with the Camino and that I will return - perhaps several times - to touch its other faces.

Go Well.

Interesting question. But Seabird, if you're already enjoying every minute, I think you're there! I don't remember a state I'd call euphoria as such. There were certainly moments, of wonder, of feeling energised, of sheer joy in the beautiful Spring sunshine and wild flowers and nesting storks and croaking frogs and all that (I should add that Spring 2015 was nothing like the reports I'm hearing of this year - we had hardly any rain, so were lucky!). I remember a moment climbing up from Foncebadon towards the Cruz de Ferro, looking back over purple hills and intensely blue sky and thinking "however hard today gets later on, this is a really good day!" But any kind of prolonged state of euphoria - sounds a bit exhausting, actually! Enjoying every minute sounds as close to that as it may be possible to get, and a lot more than I could claim. I definitely didn't enjoy every minute. I found the day-after-day aspect hard work, and had a lot of physical discomfort. As for wanting to go back - I clearly remember meeting a fellow forum member soon after Sarria and agreeing with him that there was no need to do this again, we were just focused on getting to the end by then and had no desire at all to repeat the experience. Well - that lasted - oh, about until I got home! Now planning on doing it all over again next year, again with my mother who was 79 when we walked and will be almost 82 by the time we go back.

Buen Camino and I hope you continue enjoying every day (or most days anyway!)

Well, Seabird, you started a very interesting topic! There have been lots of helpful comments already posted. On my first Camino in May2011, from Leon to Santiago, I expected to experience something like euphoria with the first step out of the hotel. Nothing happened. We took the bus to the edge of Leon to avoid the 'urban sprawl' and get right into the Camino...and once we started walking, I still didn't feel much of anything except disappointment - we're just walking (just walking!) through this scrubby land. What's the big deal? We finally arrived at Tio Pepe's in Villar de Mazarife and started to make connections with others in the courtyard and at dinner - we soon were having a great time, laughing and talking with a British couple, two Irish nurses, a Dane, and an American/Israeli. That evening changed everything. It just took a little time and the right 'connections' and then I 'got it.' I am not sure I have actually experienced euphoria on the Camino and I admit I have experienced a few (very few) lonely and disillusioned moments, but I have also experienced many long periods "of wonder, of feeling energised, of sheer joy" because of the people I have met and friends I have gained, and the appreciation for being able to walk on my own two feet all the way across beautiful Spain. Don't worry, Seabird, I know you will experience at least 'sheer joy' on your journey. It will happen.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

The euphoria for me comes from the stunning scenery.

I also take breaks from the road. Many of them, whenever I need them. And you should too! No guilt. It's amazing how much better the Camino looks after a restful night in a private room and a long hot bath. Enjoy! There is no reason to suffer.

And after all these years walking the Camino, I felt very tired and alone this year. Something has changed. It feels more cold and impersonal. Perhaps it is me, but also perhaps it is the way a neighborhood changes when it goes from being a village to a bustling city. It feels like that sort of dynamic. Just know it's ok to do whatever it takes to get you over the hump. There are no rules except the ones you make for yourself. There are no bars except the cage you build around yourself. The door is unlocked. Open it and fly free, Seabird! Do what feels good!

I'd be loth to use the word "euphoria" in the context of the Camino as it may tend to raise unreal expectations of what it can, or may, deliver. It can certainly induce a pleasant meditative state at times and the daily routine of hard walking, relaxing, and chatting with fellow pilgrims is a welcome and restorative break from our usual world of "getting and spending" (to borrow a phrase from Wordsworth). But don't expect to be vouchsafed some kind of beatific vision or experience a life-changing epiphany: you (almost certainly) won't. The Camino is mostly bloody hard work - walking daily distances that are way beyond what you have been used to with the attendant high risk of blisters or worse, mostly mediocre food, and spartan accommodation. Just relish your ability to be able to keep on keepin' on (there will come a time when due to age, infirmity or whatever you will not be able to do so) and try to live in the now.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Seabird and have a great rest day, hope you can really relax and enjoy whatever you need right now. Look after those shins and don't push through if they start to get really painful- massage, rest, arnica or ibuprophen gel or tablets can be helpful. I can't say I've experienced a continuous state of euphoria, each day on the Camino had so many ups and downs. The rhythm and simplicity of walking, together with the obvious futility of trying to predict what would happen next did encourage a deeper satisfaction in experiencing what is happening now and now....... Go well.

Hi Seabird,

Having done many long distance walks throughout my life, I really don't have problems coping with the physical and mental challenges. On my first Camino my biggest concern was the first day from SJPP to Roncesvalles, having read much about the tough climb and descent. However it all went fine and set me in a really positive attitude for the rest of my journey.

I have read that the first third of your Camino is for your body, the middle third is for your mind and the final third is for your soul. Sounds like you are on target after 13 days.

Buen Camino,

Mike

Pride of accomplishment and recall of the friends I made came after my first Camino. Tired, wet, sore and ready to finish were a constant. Somehow my old self finished and to this day the euphoria comes in the recollection......... Ultreya........Willy/Utah/USA

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
After the first three days, my moments of euphoria start coming hard and fast. I'm usually giddy with joy in the mornings from around 1 km walked to 10-12 km or so - and then I switch back to "why on Earth am I doing this?".

This is really hard for my husband, who really suffers for the first four-five days. To have me walking beside him, suddenly and randomly bursting into song, looking at the sky with a huge smile and saying "Oh, I NEVER want to stop walking!" can be difficult for him. After lunch we're generally more on the same page, though. One foot in front of the other...

.... and to this day the euphoria comes in the recollection......... Ultreya........Willy/Utah/USA

Hola Willy! I'm delighted to find you here this morning! I'm off to serve as Hospitlera on Friday! And have to agree with your comment. Every time I sit and think about the Camino(s) I begin to smile and relax. Every time!

On every camino there are stretches which seem to be in another world. Past are the hoards of camera-clicking tourists and/or pilgrims as well as any urbane atmosphere with a bar at every corner. All is reduced to simple basics; I am alone on a seemingly endless gravel path beneath the vast dome of an immense sky. The only sound is the companionable crunch of my boots and perhaps distant birdsong.

Happily for me while tramping along and alone I often sense that special moment when everything 'clicks' realizing that this is, indeed, MY way and that all is and will be good. ...Perhaps such secular transcendence felt while walking might be akin to what runners call 'the zone'. Your body can handle the task while your spirit glows with the effort. Neither easy, nor impossible; all simply is. ...Thus, thankfully you continue.

For me it was exactly as mspath described. I couldn't have said it better. It's all about the experience, the land, the personal challenge, and the people that may lead you to what you seek. Buen Camino

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Seabird, I can't recall seeing posted in this forum anyone saying you will experience Euphoria. I recall pain, sickness, longing to be home and the question "what am I doing here?" being forefront in my mind too many times.
But.. I recall five boys in Estella helping me find a rain poncho while it was raining, showing me their town, meeting a grandfather and remembering the sheer joy of being 10 again. I recall a young woman walking the camino below me after I had stopped for the day and her upon seeing me waving, I waved back and then she blew me a kiss, one I shall forever keep in my memories. I recall during the Pilgrims Mass in Santiago just all of a sudden for no known reason, even now, crying. I recall laughing with people from the world over, sharing a meal and ourselves.
This is why I am returning on June 2nd for my second camino. I know I will hurt, be tired, maybe get sick again but I also know I will be with some wonderful people.

Hola Willy! I'm delighted to find you here this morning! I'm off to serve as Hospitlera on Friday! And have to agree with your comment. Every time I sit and think about the Camino(s) I begin to smile and relax. Every time!
Like you, I am to be a Hospitalero this fall in Salamanca, and soon to be a grandparent. These roads are a great lesson. Who says "you can't teach old dogs new tricks"....... Ultreya........ Willy/Utah/USA

I agree with Margaret and Koilife, it's a "zone" and usually it arrives to me sometime between day 3 and 5.. No longer are daily logging on and the concerns about secular life important; now my feet, my well being and my morning packing routine are the most important things in life. I think leaving my electronic connections with that "other world" are a key to my finding contentment.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I haven't done the camino yet (Doing it with my husband and 5 year old son this summer).... but I have travelled... I crave travelling and I believe that Paulo Coelho summed up perfectly why that is:

"When you travel, you experience, in a very practical way, the act of rebirth. You confront completely new situations, the day passes more slowly, and on most journeys you don't even understand the language the people speak. So you are like a child just out of the womb. You begin to attach much more importance to the things around you because your survival depends upon them. You begin to be more accessible to others because they may be able to help you in difficult situations. And you accept any small favour from the gods with great delight, as if it were an episode you would remember for the rest of your life.
At the same time, since all things are new, you see only the beauty in them, you feel happy to be alive. That's why a religious pilgrimage has always been one of the most objective ways of achieving insight." (Paulo Coehlo, The Pilgrimage)

I can't wait to get there, but I am happily expecting the thrill of it :)

Kathryn

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
What a joy to open this thread and read the additional replies! Much appreciated laughter and acknowledgement on my end. Guess my right leg was lonely, because it developed a shin splint today to keep my left leg company. But. .... I am persevering!

Had a truly memorable evening at Albergue San Saturnino in Ventosa last night. I was playing my ukulele softly in the corner of the terrace, when three Korean women came over to listen. They soon were clapping along, not able to sing a word. I played some Beetles, which they knew, then they requested, of all songs, Delilah. If you're too young, sorry, but imagine us singing the chorus at the top of our lungs. .. the only other songs they knew were Christmas songs, so, what the heck. Then a Frenchman joined us, so I played "Non, je ne regrette rien," which he sang loudly and well. Only on the Camino, right?

Thanks again, everyone!

What a joy to open this thread and read the additional replies! Much appreciated laughter and acknowledgement on my end. Guess my right leg was lonely, because it developed a shin splint today to keep my left leg company. But. .... I am persevering!

Had a truly memorable evening at Albergue San Saturnino in Ventosa last night. I was playing my ukulele softly in the corner of the terrace, when three Korean women came over to listen. They soon were clapping along, not able to sing a word. I played some Beetles, which they knew, then they requested, of all songs, Delilah. If you're too young, sorry, but imagine us singing the chorus at the top of our lungs. .. the only other songs they knew were Christmas songs, so, what the heck. Then a Frenchman joined us, so I played "Non, je ne regrette rien," which he sang loudly and well. Only on the Camino, right?

Thanks again, everyone!

That's wonderful. You created magic for others to enjoy. What could be better than that? I'll bet you felt a lot better afterwards, I hope you will have an amazing journey. I've got less than two weeks now. EEK!!!!

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Had a truly memorable evening at Albergue San Saturnino in Ventosa last night.
I stayed there last year and it was one of the best Albergues on my journey. I loved being woken up at 6am by the Hospitaleros playing Gregorian chants. :)

Last year I made the Camino Frances, someone told me : the firts 10 days you are in your body: the pains ,blisters etc your mind its there, after you will be in your mind , suddenly one day you wake up and you can walk almost any distance, no more pain , and then the last stage will be spiritual, something happen that people that you just said buen camino, start to talk about them really free and you are more into essencial issues,for me it happens just like that

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Mind those shinsplints. Perhaps you should play the ukalili for a few days in the same spot.
Yes, i am being very careful. I did walk today, but VERY slowly. Which had the interesting benefit of even more people asking me about the Ukulelele as they passed me by. Including one woman who had been told about me by the Frenchman who sang with me! But i am prepared to stay for a day as needed.

As for wanting to go back - I clearly remember meeting a fellow forum member soon after Sarria and agreeing with him that there was no need to do this again, we were just focused on getting to the end by then and had no desire at all to repeat the experience. Well - that lasted - oh, about until I got home! Now planning on doing it all over again next year, again with my mother who was 79 when we walked and will be almost 82 by the time we go back.

My wife and I had a coffee today in that same place where i met you both last year ...:)

Last edited:
My wife and I had a coffee today in that same place where i met you both last year ...:)

Fantastic Robo! Amazing how quickly we all changed our minds about doing it again! So glad you made it back, I hope you're both enjoying it. I saw your other thread about the food so it sound like the rice cooker isn't being missed too much:):)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Thanks again, everyone!

Priceless, simply priceless.:D
Buen Camino

It's the moment you go under the great archway into the big square in front of the cathedral - especially if the bagpipes play :)

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Buen Camino :) Caesar

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This thread has helped me a lot. We're on Day 5 and I am definitely in the physical stage. My husband had to carry my pack across much of day 1 and 2. Today it took us nearly 4 hours to go from Zubiri to Larrasoana (just 5.8 kilometers) in the rain. It's our anniversary, I was wet, cold, everything hurt, and we needed to be in Pamplona tonight. We opted for a taxi. I'm feeling a little sad, but I am warm and dry and will have a rest day tomorrow.
Mary

This thread has helped me a lot. We're on Day 5 and I am definitely in the physical stage. My husband had to carry my pack across much of day 1 and 2. Today it took us nearly 4 hours to go from Zubiri to Larrasoana (just 5.8 kilometers) in the rain. It's our anniversary, I was wet, cold, everything hurt, and we needed to be in Pamplona tonight. We opted for a taxi. I'm feeling a little sad, but I am warm and dry and will have a rest day tomorrow.
Mary
Hang in there. Everyone is suffering. You will grow stronger.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
2nd day in wish it would slow down only have 5weeks to enjoy this experience . Rain, sleet sun , aches and pains love it all .
Buen Camino to all who are on or ready to go

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I like how you put this...
Angie... WHERE are you? Are u on The Way already? Have been in blessed Santiago for 2 months and soooo loving it. BuenCaminoi, Sister. Hope to meet you sometime :) Caesar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Angie... WHERE are you? Are u on The Way already? Have been in blessed Santiago for 2 months and soooo loving it. BuenCaminoi, Sister. Hope to meet you sometime :) Caesar
Still in Ohio...departing in a little over a week! (May 16th, will start on May 17th)
So glad to hear blessings are coming your way! Beautiful.

Here is how the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda puts it:

"And that's why I have to go back to so many places in the future,
there to find myself and constantly examine myself
with no witness but the moon and then whistle with joy,
rambling over rocks and clods of earth,
with no task but to live, with no family but the road" ......

Keep walking amigo.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back