• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Waiting To Board My Flight

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67185

Sitting here, waiting to board the flight, things feel suddenly calm --- sorta like being at the end of a storm when the skies suddenly clear. It's almost a tad bit surreal that after so much planning, and with a few kinks to work out, the time has arrived to begin.... NOW.

Maybe I'll see some of you that are starting over the next few days; I hope so. My pack has a Forum member patch sewn on, so if you see me, say "hi".

To all who have blessed me with your help, patience, and friendship, words cannot express strongly enough my gratitude and appreciation.
---Dave

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Camino Dave. Awesome that you are finally on your way!
You can look forward to that surreal 'buzz' when you at last get to start walking and realise...
Wow I'm really here :)

Enjoy every step.
Buen Camino.

Buen Camino Dave!
Although my Camino starts in 2018, i'm already on my way...
Enjoy the journey.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
looks like your first camino. Buen camino, tread lightly. Savour, even the blisters.

Sitting here, waiting to board the flight, things feel suddenly calm --- sorta like being at the end of a storm when the skies suddenly clear. It's almost a tad bit surreal that after so much planning, and with a few kinks to work out, the time has arrived to begin.... NOW.

Maybe I'll see some of you that are starting over the next few days; I hope so. My pack has a Forum member patch sewn on, so if you see me, say "hi".

To all who have blessed me with your help, patience, and friendship, words cannot express strongly enough my gratitude and appreciation.
---Dave
Thank you for the calming words. I leave for Spain tomorrow and am suddenly terrified.
Hope to see you on the Camino. We start from SJPP on the 17th.
Buen Camino,
Charlotte

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dave, thanks for the update, you are getting underway from SJPP with muchos forum members. Buena suerte, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Finally!
How great is that? Please let us know how you go, Dave.

I leave for Spain tomorrow and am suddenly terrified.
You have a lot of company there, Charlotte. By way of reassurance, you should know that this is normal, and nearly universal. Soon you'll be walking. :eek:
Fortunately, once you take your first steps, all the anxiety will magically go away.

Buen camino to you both!

Finally!
How great is that? Please let us know how you go, Dave.

You have a lot of company there, Charlotte. By way of reassurance, you should know that this is normal, and nearly universal. Soon you'll be walking. :eek:
Fortunately, once you take your first steps, all the anxiety will magically go away.

Buen camino to you both!
Thank you so much! I appreciate the encouragement. This is by far the most awesome thing I have ever done (with the posible exception of having my children). I just can't wait to get started.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

---Dave

So, so, so happy for you, Dave! Have a wonderful adventure!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the encouragement. This is by far the most awesome thing I have ever done (with the posible exception of having my children). I just can't wait to get started.
You being a male the Camino definitely won't be as painful as giving birth to your child was for your wife... ;)

Wish you Buen (painful) Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I leave for Paris from NZ in four days and the last time I felt like this was over forty years ago as a 19 year old waking in the predawn early morning looking forward to meeting my baby girl post-caesarian!! Unreal..have to remind myself to breathe.

Unreal..have to remind myself to breathe.
When the plane takes off it will begin to feel real. ;) Buen Camino!
(A long flight's ahead of you...but compression socks and walking and drinking enough really help. Layovers can be a blessing, as you can walk. But if you're transiting through Sydney, it's good to know they do not announce gate changes, so it pays to be vigilant. 2 years ago I was going through there from Wellington and missed my flight because they had changed the gate. Who knew? So it pays to watch the monitors, especially if the gate seems strangely quiet.)

Thanks for the heads up. I travel Auckland, San Francisco to Paris but though Sydney on the return trip. Would hate to miss trip home

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back