• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wake up alarm

1elantra

Time of past OR future Camino
way of St James
Ok very curious.....

What are you all doing to wake yourselves up early? Are you setting alarms which imagine could upset everyone around you, or is the accommodation providing wake up calls. Just wondering 🤔

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What are you all doing to wake yourselves up early? Are you setting alarms which imagine could upset everyone around you
No!! Please don't use an audible alarm in shared sleeping quarters. If I feel like I need to wake up earlier than I might naturally I set an alarm on my Fitbit that vibrates on my wrist.
or is the accommodation providing wake up calls
In a hotel, perhaps.
Albergues sometimes play music in the morning to roust the remaining pilgrims from their sleep, and others will turn on all the lights to (hopefully) accomplish the same thing.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My wakeup in albergues usually was people getting up 1-2 hours before i planned to and then waiting for falling asleep again or my bladder forcing me out of bed.
I walk above of 5km an hour including breaks. I dont see a point of arriving anywhere at lunch. Why should i set an alarm

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ok very curious.....

What are you all doing to wake yourselves up early? Are you setting alarms which imagine could upset everyone around you, or is the accommodation providing wake up calls. Just wondering 🤔
I tend to wake early without an alarm. But if sleeping in an albergue, someone is always up before me, and wakes me up.

These wake up alarms have become ubiquitous over the past three years or so.

Most seem to have lost even any basic notion that they might be in any ay disturbing to others !!

Though I have to say, one guy playing smartphone video games at 2AM last December in Pamplona, well, that stunt was beyond the palest of the pale ...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I echo what others say - do not use any sort of audible alarm! That said - I often do use my apple watch to wake me up... it quietly vibrates on my wrist and I react fast to stop the vibration and don't let it turn into an audible alarm. I am also usually awake before it goes off. But do we really need an alarm to get up when we are walking the Camino? Not really because if you are staying in a dorm - you WILL get woken up when others are waking up - ensuring you do exit the building before you HAVE to leave the building haha.

I echo what others say - do not use any sort of audible alarm! That said - I often do use my apple watch to wake me up... it quietly vibrates on my wrist and I react fast to stop the vibration and don't let it turn into an audible alarm. I am also usually awake before it goes off. But do we really need an alarm to get up when we are walking the Camino? Not really because if you are staying in a dorm - you WILL get woken up when others are waking up - ensuring you do exit the building before you HAVE to leave the building haha.
Well if same as when Im home is anything to go by, then No ha

I always wake up at 5 or 5:30 without an alarm so my dificulty is trying to stay in bed until other people are starting to get up...I do like to get out and start walking about 6 or 6:30 if I can get my husband out of the albergue that early.
Me too! I usually walk alone so what I do is lay silently in bed waiting for the first person to get out of bed... and then I quickly and quietly grab all my stuff and exit the room, sometime between 6-6:30. I am usually out of the building within 5 minutes or so (10 max) including a quick bathroom stop... while the other person is rustling around the room and going in and out of the room... and once I leave I almost never see the person who got out of bed before me before reaching the next town lol. I never want to be that person who wakes up and makes noise but takes forever to leave the room and not return while others are trying to sleep. If my silent wrist alarm does vibrate... I still try to wait for someone else to get out of bed first.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
At home I have an alarm on my watch. It vibrates but makes no noise. But, like the other posters, in an albergue someone else is always up before me, so no need for an alarm.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Please don’t set an audible alarm . No mater how early you want to get up Someone will wake you up with their 5am rattle of plastic and back pack stuffing. It is beyond understanding why getting up in the dark and using a flashlight around the albergue is reasonable . Then stumbling in the dark on trail and getting lost.

I always wake up at 5 or 5:30 without an alarm so my dificulty is trying to stay in bed until other people are starting to get up...I do like to get out and start walking about 6 or 6:30 if I can get my husband out of the albergue that early.
Yes, Janet likes early, at home and on the Camino.

Be considerate of your fellow pilgrims and try to not wake them if they are trying to sleep. Whether it is 10 p.m. at night or 5 a.m. in the morning. You don't know what they are going through/struggling with and can't expect them to follow your rules.

Unless you are an albergue and you tell everyone that the music will play at 0600 - if you want to wake earlier, go to another albergue (I stayed in one such albergue; it was Heaven; there was another available albergue for anyone who didn't want to wake so "late"; enforced rest put many people in a good mood for the rest of the day).

I love those albergues.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ok very curious.....

Don't worry. There is always that Northern European group of energetic young folks that wakes up before the crack of dawn. They try to be quiet, but there is always one in the group that drops something, trips, or inadvertently slams the door. Good thing cafe con leche is in about 5k. That's when you will run into the group and tease the noise maker. Friends for life.

I never set an alarm unless I *really* need to be up at a certain time, and even then, a silent alarm max.

The amazing thing is that your body is able to be your own alarm. Even at home when I work, 99% time I wake up shortly before the set alarm (and I need to get up at 4:30 am). It's an "inner clock" thing. On the Camino is a good time to train this. To wake up on your own at the time you need to feels very good. Natural. Try it!

Please don't set a loud alarm. Even a silent one will wake up half the dorm at least.

You'll be on a pilgrimage, walking up half an hour later than intended is not the end of the world 🙂.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Your cot will start to move at 6 o´clock and the whole bed will rock you to a rude awakening...
silent or noisily, everybody will do their morning routine and about sevenish you will be standing in the street rearing to go....
problem solved..
Still to this day, 9 yrs ago, I still wake up programed at six o´clock, no alarm clock set, summer or winter, work day or holiday !!

Please don’t set an audible alarm . No mater how early you want to get up Someone will wake you up with their 5am rattle of plastic and back pack stuffing. It is beyond understanding why getting up in the dark and using a flashlight around the albergue is reasonable . Then stumbling in the dark on trail and getting lost.
I do get up in the dark... but I would NEVER use a flashlight! Not even a red light. I find those just as annoying when I am trying to sleep as a regular flashlight/headlamp. If you are going to get up early - pack the night before and have what you need first thing in the AM out and ready to access. I seriously wake up, roll out of bed, roll up my bedding and whatever other stuff I had out, and shove it quickly into the pack and go. I do not go fumbling around or trying to pack my bag up perfectly.

As for the walking in the dark - if you are leaving at 6am which is what I usually do - it gets light out pretty fast. The few times I walk for a bit and it is still dark - it is always kind of a cool adventure. But there was this one time when one pilgrim was up and rustling around the room so I got out of bed and I was the first person out the door (which is usual for me), this was probably just after 5am and we had a hard climb ahead. I didn't have a headlamp and it was VERY dark and often through wooded areas. I used my cell phone when I needed a flashlight. I missed a turn and turned around to find the trail again. Met up with the guy who was slowly rustling around the room and we talked/walked together for a few minutes then I let him go ahead of me because he had a headlamp and I figured I would walk a slower pace but follow his light. A few minutes later he started screaming and hitting himself with his hiking poles... and I couldn't see what happened. Totally freaked me out and I didn't know if I should run towards him to help - or run away from whatever it was. Turns out a couple of weasles ran up his leg and one got stuck in his pants... talk about the scariest and funniest experiences he and I had on the Camino! And while it was terrifying in the moment... wouldn't trade the experience for anything. (He obviously wasn't hurt - otherwise we wouldn't have been laughing about it afterwards).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As for the walking in the dark - if you are leaving at 6am which is what I usually do - it gets light out pretty fast.
That really depends on what time of year you walk. These days I do most of my Camino walking in winter. It is quite possible to be turfed out of an albergue for the 8am closing while it is still dark outside! :) I started my most recent Camino Frances from SJPDP on 2 January this year when sunrise was about 08:40. Which didn't stop two very intrepid young men from packing up and leaving the albergue at 04:50.

That really depends on what time of year you walk. These days I do most of my Camino walking in winter. It is quite possible to be turfed out of an albergue for the 8am closing while it is still dark outside! :) I started my most recent Camino Frances from SJPDP on 2 January this year when sunrise was about 08:40. Which didn't stop two very intrepid young men from packing up and leaving the albergue at 04:50.
True - but most of us don't walk in the winter. I left at 3 or 4 AM once... but not intentionally. I suddenly woke up (startled) thinking it was much later than it was... packed up... walked out the door... door latched behind me (locked of course) and then I realized how early it really was. It was definitely cold and dark, but at that point there was no turning back (since the door was locked haha) and my roommate thought I was crazy for leaving so early!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I've been sleeping with ear plugs for 40 years so something has to be very loud to wake me up. I'm worried I won't wake up before the albergue wants everyone out. I also have an eye mask so lights on might not wake me up either. I'm hoping someone bumps into my bed while they're leaving.

OMG thats keen

I've been sleeping with ear plugs for 40 years so something has to be very loud to wake me up. I'm worried I won't wake up before the albergue wants everyone out. I also have an eye mask so lights on might not wake me up either. I'm hoping someone bumps into my bed while they're leaving.
🤣🤣

If you need an alarm a watch that vibrates on your wrist is perfect for you.

As for the walking in the dark - if you are leaving at 6am which is what I usually do - it gets light out pretty fast.
I was thinking that there wouldn't be anywhere in Spain where dawn occurred before 6 am. But when I checked, somewhere around Burgos marks the point where in places to the east, dawn will occur that early at the height of summer. On the longest day in Santiago, civil twilight will start around 6:20 am, and sunrise just before 7 am.

I'm not sure what it means to 'get(s) light out pretty fast'. Dawn to sunrise is around 30 minutes, but if one leaves earlier than the start of civil twilight, it will clearly be longer. I suppose if you are leaving somewhere larger, there will be street lights to assist you if you leave in the pre-dawn dark. I did do that on my first CF, but now the earliest I will plan to walk is at dawn. Even then, there have been a few darker forest paths where much greater caution was required.

There were people who left much earlier that this, and I doubt that will change. I can only assume they are prepared to light up the night from time to time when they leave the cities and larger towns. I am happy to avoid doing that.

Ok very curious.....

Albergues don't do wake up calls in my experience. Maybe the hotels would... There's always a few people who set their alarms and don't seem to care that they are waking everyone up. Some turn on lights...some wait until 5am to start organizing their packs... You know you are REALLY on the Camino when none of this bothers you and you just let it roll off you...

Ok very curious.....

Interesting thread.....

It conjures up images of hiking boots and other heavy objects flying across an Albergue 'dorm room' descending on the unfortunate alarm owner like homing pigeons. :oops:

I think the reality is.........once into the Camino Groove.......it's early to bed and early to rise.

I tend to wake up........when I wake up........which is early enough. :rolleyes:

It will all make sense when you get there :)

I have rarely set an alarm on camino- except on the CP when there was a heatwave and I wanted to start before dawn for a couple of days to beat the heat as there were long enough distances between accommodation just after Lisboa (not sure i was missing much scenery wise on that section anyway). Otherwise I normally wake up in plenty of time - even on quieter caminos when I might be only one in albergue

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There will always be a broad spectrum of cultures, needs and routines in a communal dormitory on a pilgrim path that attracts people from all over the world. If you have difficulty with that, and accepting you are sleeping in an environment that you can't control, then ask please yourself whether alternative accommodation might not suit you better.

Ok very curious.....

Other pilgrims with noisy plastic bags usually wakes me up....

Everone's politeness is impressive. In all honesty, my knee-jerk response to the thread title was simply, 'Just NO.'
Believe me, unless you want to wake up at 04:30 or something you won't need an alarm. There's always someone who'll wake you up, long before you want to get up.

Most seem to have lost even any basic notion that they might be in any ay disturbing to others !!
Makes you wonder for sure.

Though I have to say, one guy playing smartphone video games at 2AM last December in Pamplona, well, that stunt was beyond the palest of the pale ...
No kidding.
I would have been fantasizing about doing something rash, like grabbing the phone and smashing it. Or something.
But seriously...did anyone talk to this person?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I use Doug's method just before I go to sleep.

Doug's method:
If you want to wake up at 6am then bang your head on the pillow six times. If you want to wake up at 5:30am then hit your head on the pillow five and a half times.

Works for me every time.

Ok very curious.....

Only one time while I was hiking the camino did a fellow pilgrim put an alarm on full volume blast (Earlier than anyone else was getting up). Very rude. Agree with the vibrate recommendations

I'm not sure what it means to 'get(s) light out pretty fast'. Dawn to sunrise is around 30 minutes, but if one leaves earlier than the start of civil twilight, it will clearly be longer. I suppose if you are leaving somewhere larger, there will be street lights to assist you if you leave in the pre-dawn dark.
I guess what I mean is that there is enough visibility to be able to see without using a headlamp... and then of course it just keeps getting brighter. Before 6am visibility is pretty poor, but leaving just after 6am I usually had enough visibility that I didn't need a headlamp or phone flashlight and it only got more light out as the sun rose. I was most consistently starting my walk between 6-6:30 without using a headlamp. This was the case all across the Frances and the Norte/Primitivo and Finisterre routes. Can't comment on other routes. And of course - street lamp availability depended on the size of the town, but I often left town within a few minutes and there weren't street lamps between towns for the most part.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
No!! Please don't use an audible alarm in shared sleeping quarters. If I feel like I need to wake up earlier than I might naturally I set an alarm on my Fitbit that vibrates on my wrist.

In a hotel, perhaps.
Albergues sometimes play music in the morning to roust the remaining pilgrims from their sleep, and others will turn on all the lights to (hopefully) accomplish the same thing.
Vibrating (silent alarms) on a watch work well for me

Almost all albergue it is lights out at 10 pm and everybody out by 8 am. I'm usually in my cot by 9-9:30 pm so by the time 5-6 am rolls around I've been in that bunk for at least eight hours and I naturally wake up and am ready to get out of there. I've never used an alarm of any kind in an albergue.

I guess what I mean is that there is enough visibility to be able to see without using a headlamp... and then of course it just keeps getting brighter. Before 6am visibility is pretty poor, but leaving just after 6am I usually had enough visibility that I didn't need a headlamp or phone flashlight and it only got more light out as the sun rose. I was most consistently starting my walk between 6-6:30 without using a headlamp. This was the case all across the Frances and the Norte/Primitivo and Finisterre routes. Can't comment on other routes. And of course - street lamp availability depended on the size of the town, but I often left town within a few minutes and there weren't street lamps between towns for the most part.
The sun up varies by month , in sept it’s much later

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I actually like the albergue that have lights on at 0600 hours. I've stayed at a few, but only remember two specifically Roncesvalles and Burgos municipal. Lights on, everybody up. I'm awake already anyway and ready to go. Kinda reminds me of being in the military again in a squad bay lol. Having the lights on does come in handy for getting my stuff gathered and ready.
As was mentioned before on this thread, albergue living is unique and requires one to be flexible, patient and open minded. Everyone is different and interacts differently in that environment. If that's too much too handle and deal with I highly recommend booking more private accommodations.

Sometimes the albergue will help, as others have said. In the German albergue in Pamplona they play Gregorian chants at some ungodly hour and that certainly encouraged me to get up.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I loved waking up with the Gregorian chants at the albergue Casa Paderborn in Pamplona or at the albergue San Saturnino in Ventosa.
Two nights of perfect stillness, no partygoers and lots of mutual respect.

Ok very curious.....

Don't worry.... unless you are a heavy sleeper...you'll be up. early... everyone is. If you can get an alarm to vibrate r/t ring. Your roommates will love you!!

is it really stupid to ask why so many of you get started so early? On a hot day that makes sense, but it seems early starts are not solely driven by weather. To arrive early at next stop? To walk more miles?

€46,-
is it really stupid to ask why so many of you get started so early? On a hot day that makes sense, but it seems early starts are not solely driven by weather. To arrive early at next stop? To walk more miles?
I've only started really early to beat the heat a few times. I generally start around 7am otherwise.

I start early to avoid the heat, very fair skin prone to skin cancer and I dont do so well in the heat. And also because I'm a naturally early person - I would rather be walking than hanging around an albergue, especially if awake anyway. I'm never the first up, someone else is always awake, making noise and taking ages to get ready.

I always have my gear packed the night before, a quick check, and then slip quietly out the door.
An hour down the road to a great coffee, I love Camino mornings.
The only person I have to worry about is myself, no work emails and housework before walk, no breakfasts or lunches to make, no animals to feed. No question about what to wear to work. Just me and the road.

Last edited:
I should qualify early.
There's normal early, and there's crazy early. I once stayed in an albergue in Navarette, when a guy left about 3.30am. That's not just crazy early, it's certifiable. He started to get ready about 2.30am, talking in a really loud stage whisper (he was a bit deaf) to his wife who was 'sshhing' him to no avail. The entire room was awake by the time he left, also 'ssshhing' him.

But the story got more interesting. He was at the other end of the room from me, so it wasn't until the next day that I found out the full story, and I shake my head to this day.
The back story was that he had walked from SJPDP, and upon discovering that his shoes were too small was walking barefoot, but due to the pain of walking on the gravel, could walk only very very slowly so was leaving super early.
By this time he had walked right through 2 towns, Pamplona and Logrono, that would have had shoes to fit.
Turns out he had other shoes with him, but wanted to save them!!

For what..!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ok very curious.....

Don't worry, there will lots of pilgrims waking up way before you do and if you are still asleep past that it is because you needed it. But no one takes an alarm clock, at least I did not hear one in the many dormitories I slept.

it really stupid to ask why so many of you get started so early? On a hot day that makes sense, but it seems early starts are not solely driven by weather. To arrive early at next stop? To walk more miles?
Not a stupid question.
I'm normally a night owl, but on the camino I really enjoy getting up and away early. There's something magic about walking into the morning.

I don't mind hanging out somewhere in the afternoon, but not in the morning. If I leave early there's more time to walk and more flexibility about where I end up. I can change my mind - if I get someplace early enough and decide not to stay, there's plenty of daylight left to keep going.

If you want a good night's sleep, book a private room! Dorm rooms are for the young and fit and those walking long distances each day. Over 75's can take it easy and still get to Santiago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Not a stupid question.
I'm normally a night owl, but on the camino I really enjoy getting up and away early. There's something magic about walking into the morning.

I don't mind hanging out somewhere in the afternoon, but not in the morning. If I leave early there's more time to walk and more flexibility about where I end up. I can change my mind - if I get someplace early enough and decide not to stay, there's plenty of daylight left to keep going.
Thank you! I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts on this! I had thought early departures might, for some, also be associated with sleeping in a dorm where there is no breakfast, so might as well get moving and get your coffee on the path.

I enjoy morning walks as well, love to see the world awaken, enjoy dawn breaking and hear morning birds! But I also like a coffee to get started, and I'm also hoping for at least a short yoga practice before I start (bringing a thin travel mat) as I might be too tired.

I'm too old to share a room with even one person, I sleep badly because I'm worried I'll disturb others, and worrying about disturbing others interrupts my sleep, so I've booked rooms for my first Camino (Margaret, thanks for being honest about that!) - although there is part of me that kinda wishes I could do otherwise (for more flex and a different experience), maybe next time? or maybe that's just the wistful thinking of someone who would like to be young and fit? I'm not sure it matters that much, it would just be a different way to do it.

In all my Caminos, the only times I set an alarm is the day I leave for France ( to make sure I don't miss the train) and the day I am due to get my flight on my return.

The chances of you needing a wake up alarm are minimal with all the noise in the mornings from the Peregrinos sharing the accomodation. Even when the snoring stops it's enough to wake me sometimes

I'm a night owl, even on the Camino. Although I'm in bed by 9,9:30 p.m., I might stay up to read a book for a while. Exhausted, I then fall asleep pretty easily. My watch alarm is set for 0630. When I hear it under my pillow, many pilgrims have already left. That means the bathrooms are much less crowded, I don't have to worry about waking people up with my morning (quick) packing, the sun is shining, birds are singing, and my cafe con leche is only an hour out.
By the way, auto correct "fixed "leche" to leech. Yuck.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ok very curious.....

In 2016, I would occasionally set a quiet alarm on my phone and keep my phone under my pillow. The pillow muffled the sound enough that, with my head on the pillow I could hear it, but people more than a few feet away could not.

In 2018, I didn't use an alarm.

If you need an alarm, perhaps you need more sleep?
I have a hunch it's part of my ADHD (it does weird things to sleep/circadian rhythms), but oh man this is just not the way my brain/body works.

In my day-to-day life I sometimes wake up hours before my alarm and I'm not able to get back to sleep. Other days I go to bed early (for me) and I could easily sleep many hours past my alarm. Absolute dice roll as to whether I'm absolutely exhausted or full of pep and vigor in either case.

Sleep is one of the few things I worry about re: my Camino. I work swing shift at home (2pm to 10pm). I normally go to bed at 2 or 3am and wake up around 11am! (And yes, I have to set an alarm)

When I did my long bicycle tour in 2011, I tended to wake up around 9am, and 9am was a very late hour to get going compared to other cyclists. But I often struggle to get to sleep before midnight/one am no matter how early I get up or how worn out I am. I was a mail carrier for a year and a half, woke up at 5am six days a week, and it just never got any easier. :(

And I sleep with earplugs in, so I might not wake up just because everyone else is!

My watch alarm is set for 0630. When I hear it under my pillow, many pilgrims have already left. That means the bathrooms are much less crowded, I don't have to worry about waking people up with my morning (quick) packing,
This is a little reassuring.

April, it sounds like your sleep cycle is always whacky - I don't envy your struggles to get a normal night's sleep. I am a night owl by nature and sometimes on the Camino, I must admit I had a hard time falling asleep.

At those times, I didn't fight it. Although wandering around the albergue at night is a definite no-no, reading a book on your phone in your bed is a calming, restful activity.

Don't stress about getting enough sleep while on the Camino. Although it may take some time to fall into some kind of rhythm, whatever happens will work for you. If you are tired, you will get the rest your body needs even if over a few days.

Don't worry about waking in the middle of the night and being unable to fall back asleep. As in all things Camino, relax and listen to your body. Enjoy the moments of rest. Know that, if snoring has awakened you, you are most likely to get a good night's sleep the following night - somehow it just works that way.

You will be fine and your body will take care of you. Don't stress out or worry.

Buen Camino.

Ok very curious.....

If you are not showing signs of life by 7.30 am, the hospitaleros will strongly recommend that you get ready to vacate the premises by 8.

April, it sounds like your sleep cycle is always whacky - I don't envy your struggles to get a normal night's sleep. I am a night owl by nature and sometimes on the Camino, I must admit I had a hard time falling asleep.

At those times, I didn't fight it. Although wandering around the albergue at night is a definite no-no, reading a book on your phone in your bed is a calming, restful activity.

Don't stress about getting enough sleep while on the Camino. Although it may take some time to fall into some kind of rhythm, whatever happens will work for you. If you are tired, you will get the rest your body needs even if over a few days.

Don't worry about waking in the middle of the night and being unable to fall back asleep. As in all things Camino, relax and listen to your body. Enjoy the moments of rest. Know that, if snoring has awakened you, you are most likely to get a good night's sleep the following night - somehow it just works that way.

You will be fine and your body will take care of you. Don't stress out or worry.

Buen Camino.
I appreciate this, thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back