• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Waking from St Jean to Finisterra Oct-Nov

Time of past OR future Camino
October 20-November 31st
I will be walking solo from October 20th (St Jean) til November 30th (Finisterre) Can anyone provide info on the pilgrim hostels open during this span? I am a college student using my savings and the opportunity arose for me to carve out this time for the Camino. I am especially interested in parochial hostels and ANY and ALL advice is welcome. I am an avid walker, and used to solo travel, but I do hope to make social connections and I also rather not have to camp in the rain should there be no openings. I greatly appreciate your wisdom.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello, Five, and welcome to the Forum.

Up at the top of the page, you will see a selection in the menu bar labeled "Resources". When you click on that, you will open up a page of various types of guides, maps, route information, etc.

Here is an example of an Alburgue guide which may help answer your question.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/“all”-albergues-on-the-camino-frances-in-one-pdf.10/

When that page opens, you will see an orange "download" button to the upper right of the page. Push it to download the PDF file.

The good news is, you are in a forum with a wonderful group of people. Most are here to help people like you to achieve their pilgrimage goals. We can offer you encouragement, knowledge, and point you in the direction that will help you help yourself.

My suggestion to get started in the Forum is this:
  1. Make a list of questions and concerns that you have.
  2. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  3. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  4. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.
  5. Take a deep breath. Write down in large letters the reasons why you want to go on Camino. Place that piece of paper where you can see it every day. That way, when anxieties and fears threaten to overwhelm you, you can just breath, read what you have written, and focus on those reasons until the negative stuff fades.
  6. Remember that perfect timing as it relates to how you feel, scheduling, and day to day life issues, seldom align themselves perfectly. If one waits for such to occur, doing something like a pilgrimage will always be in danger of taking a back seat while you wait for that perfect alignment to happen.

When you get to St. Jean the pilgrim office there will give you a list of all the accommodation open to Santiago. The list will say which albergues are private/municipal/parochial etc.

If you look in resources on this forum (above) there is accommodation lists there also that you can download. Don't worry, there will be plenty of albergues open, no need to camp outside!

Buen Camino
Davey

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just stay at the municiple (run by the town) Alburgues. They are the cheapest and most fun. This is where most people your age will be staying.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back